Reid says Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years

Aw, that hurts my feelings!

Where are Mitt Romney's tax returns?

Where is Harry Reid's proof he is not a serial child molester?

Wow, QB, we can always count on you for the irrelevent analogy.

No one has accused Reid of being a Child Molestor. I mean, he belongs to a cult started by them, but Romney belongs to that same cult.

ON the other hand, There are some valid questions to be asked about Romney's past that his tax returns could answer, and oddly enough, he's hiding them. So there has to be something really horrible in them.

Wow, did you get that one wrong. Not only did someone accuse Reid of being a serial child molester, they actually asked him for a response to the allegations, and got a response.

Ace of Spades HQ

On the other hand, tax returns are private, and it is actually against federal law to ask to see them as a condition of employment. I suggest you go back to crying about how the dog ate your homework.

Where are Mitt Romney's tax returns? Why is he refusing to follow his father's (and his opponent's) example?

So far, he has stuck to Obama's example. If he wants to keep following it he can release returns back to 2004 in 2016 and then demand his opponent do the same. I would like to think he has more character than that, but he is a politician, so he probably doesn't.

Where is Harry Reid's proof he is not a serial child molester?

No one has accused Reid of being a Child Molestor. I mean, he belongs to a cult started by them, but Romney belongs to that same cult.

ON the other hand, There are some valid questions to be asked about Romney's past that his tax returns could answer, and oddly enough, he's hiding them. So there has to be something really horrible in them.

Wow, did you get that one wrong. Not only did someone accuse Reid of being a serial child molester, they actually asked him for a response to the allegations, and got a response.

Ace of Spades HQ

On the other hand, tax returns are private, and it is actually against federal law to ask to see them as a condition of employment. I suggest you go back to crying about how the dog ate your homework.
got a link for it being against the law for an employer to ask for your tax returns as a condition of employment? I couldn't find one in my google search on it.... I agree it seems like it should be, but from what I found in my search, employers ask all the time for that type of info for certain jobs...and once hired they can also ask for that info, if they are trying to verify marital status and dependents for health insurance coverage....of course you can walk away and not give the info, and not be hired, or if employed and it is for insurance verification, if you refuse, the employer can cancel your health insurance....

Where are Mitt Romney's tax returns? Why is he refusing to follow his father's (and his opponent's) example?

So far, he has stuck to Obama's example. If he wants to keep following it he can release returns back to 2004 in 2016 and then demand his opponent do the same. I would like to think he has more character than that, but he is a politician, so he probably doesn't.
in March of 2008, during the Primary, Obama released his 2000-2006 tax returns....so what ''example'' of Obama's are you speaking about on income tax releases?

Well, I'm pretty certain he had to have paid some federal income taxes, even if he was part of the Amnesty program with a hidden swiss account....romney did say he did "pay taxes, plenty of them'' but he failed to say he paid Federal Income taxes each year, so he still avoided the accusation.

Lots of assumptions with no data. Are you not jumping the gun a little bit?
DEFINITELY speculating on my part! Never said or implied I wasn't!

Doesn't it seem strange at all to you, as it did to gingrich, bachman and perry, and santorum that he refuses to release previous years? It certainly makes me curious....and truly, for the life of me, it keeps nagging at me on, what is it that he wants to hide and why oh why does he think hiding it is better for him, than revealing it? His salary or money made for fear of being bashed for being rich or something, is an utterly ridiculous excuse since we already know he is in the top tenth of 1 percent-ers....and we know he had a bunch of losses in 2009 or before because he carried over some on his 2010 return so it's understandable if he paid no income taxes or very little in 2009...

so to me, logic says that can't be what he is hiding??? I just can't get a handle on why he is doing this, to himself???? Especially if he truly has nothing to hide???

so, to sum it up....of course this is all speculation, he hasn't released his returns and said he never would....so lot's of room for speculation as to the reason(s) why.... for ANY person that can think imho.

Ace of Spades HQ

got a link for it being against the law for an employer to ask for your tax returns as a condition of employment? I couldn't find one in my google search on it.... I agree it seems like it should be, but from what I found in my search, employers ask all the time for that type of info for certain jobs...and once hired they can also ask for that info, if they are trying to verify marital status and dependents for health insurance coverage....of course you can walk away and not give the info, and not be hired, or if employed and it is for insurance verification, if you refuse, the employer can cancel your health insurance....

You can get a print out from the IRS that verifies your filing status for when employers ask for proof of dependents. Tax return information is confidential.

Obama released his returns dating back to 2000 during the 2008 primaries.

Why are you lying?

Ace of Spades HQ

Not only that... but most mortgage companies will ask for three years of tax returns before giving you a mortgage.

Any actual evidence of wrong doing? And I mean actual evidence - not media speculation, not democrats or republicans speculating but actual, factually accurate, evidence?

No?

So it is nothing more than gossip. It would be great if we started electing people on their fucking records, not some fucking hype or speculation... Remember when we used the 'innocent until proven guilty' marker?

Hey, we aren't trying to throw Romney in Jail.

We are trying to get a straight answer out of him before we put him in a position where he can have a profound impact on all of our lives.

That gives us the RIGHT to DEMAND to see his tax returns.

Ace of Spades HQ

You can get a print out from the IRS that verifies your filing status for when employers ask for proof of dependents. Tax return information is confidential.
Employers CAN ask for this information....end of story....

where is the law that you claim is in place on this that prevents employers from asking....? Honestly, if you showed me the law which prevents them from asking for this information, I'd believe it.....it seems like there should be one, but I haven't been able to find it....

Well, I'm pretty certain he had to have paid some federal income taxes, even if he was part of the Amnesty program with a hidden swiss account....romney did say he did "pay taxes, plenty of them'' but he failed to say he paid Federal Income taxes each year, so he still avoided the accusation.

Doesn't it seem strange at all to you, as it did to gingrich, bachman and perry, and santorum that he refuses to release previous years? It certainly makes me curious....and truly, for the life of me, it keeps nagging at me on, what is it that he wants to hide and why oh why does he think hiding it is better for him, than revealing it? His salary or money made for fear of being bashed for being rich or something, is an utterly ridiculous excuse since we already know he is in the top tenth of 1 percent-ers....and we know he had a bunch of losses in 2009 or before because he carried over some on his 2010 return so it's understandable if he paid no income taxes or very little in 2009...

so to me, logic says that can't be what he is hiding??? I just can't get a handle on why he is doing this, to himself???? Especially if he truly has nothing to hide???

so, to sum it up....of course this is all speculation, he hasn't released his returns and said he never would....so lot's of room for speculation as to the reason(s) why.... for ANY person that can think imho.

Sometimes the political crap that goes on baffles me; I wish we could get straight answers about tax returns, birth certificates, information leaks, and every other question that doesn't involve the release of classified or sensitive information. Gotta be political calculations in this case, who knows why. My problem is drawing negative conclusions and spewing them on the floor of the US Senate, on the basis of one undivulged source. This not cool; we can surmise and speculate on this board all we want, that's what it's for, at least in part. But what Reid is doing is political bullshit.

Lindsey Graham: Harry Reid Is 'Lying' About Romney Not Paying Taxes (VIDEO)

Lindsey Graham has set the record straight. He says Reid is lying.

How does this corrupt senator know this? Is he saying he has seen the tax returns in question? If so, then he should encourage his fellow corrupt pub to release his tax returns.

OTOH, if he has not seen them, he's lying to cover Mitten's lies.

Which is it?

Graham is one of the most two faced lying assholes in congress. Every time I see that POS on C-SPAN I want to go "Elvis" on the TV.

Sometimes the political crap that goes on baffles me; I wish we could get straight answers about tax returns, birth certificates, information leaks, and every other question that doesn't involve the release of classified or sensitive information. Gotta be political calculations in this case, who knows why. My problem is drawing negative conclusions and spewing them on the floor of the US Senate, on the basis of one undivulged source. This not cool; we can surmise and speculate on this board all we want, that's what it's for, at least in part. But what Reid is doing is political bullshit.
I agree that Reid should also put up or shut up...

But please tell me that you are aware that Mitt's tax returns being released became an issue in January 2012 with the Republicans running in the primary. This is not something the Democrats created or manufactured....they certainly are 'running with it', but by no means did they create the issue.....Mitt created it for himself, the Republican candidates made it an issue, the Democrats are following through on that issue.

Taxes and the loopholes Congress has created for the master class are mind blowing....our tax structure with all of these legal loopholes for tax avoidance need to be shown so the whole country is aware of how the cards are stacked....disclosure- the truth, will only set us free....and hopefully make us a better country that supports the middle class again.

Last edited:

But please tell me that you are aware that Mitt's tax returns being released became an issue in January 2012 with the Republicans running in the primary. This is not something the Democrats created or manufactured....they certainly are 'running with it', but by no means did they create the issue.....Mitt created it for himself, the Republican candidates made it an issue, the Democrats are following through on that issue.

Taxes and the loopholes Congress has created for the master class are mind blowing....our tax structure with all of these legal loopholes for tax avoidance need to be shown so the whole country is aware of how the cards are stacked....disclosure- the truth, will only set us free....and hopefully make us a better country that supports the middle class again.

I am aware that the GOP candidates made it an issue back when the repub nomination was still in doubt. But that doesn't mean he's done something illegal or failed to pay his taxes, as some of the Obama cabinet members and appointees did. I get that they want to raise the issue and ask questions; but that isn't the same as saying outright that he didn't pay any taxes or assuming he cheated in some way. When did we get to the point where somebody makes unconfirmed assertions and it is accepted as fact? And to do so on the floor of the US Senate by the majority leader is particularly disturbing. Doesn't bode well for future cooperation or compromise regardless of who gets elected.

I am aware that the GOP candidates made it an issue back when the repub nomination was still in doubt. But that doesn't mean he's done something illegal or failed to pay his taxes, as some of the Obama cabinet members and appointees did. I get that they want to raise the issue and ask questions; but that isn't the same as saying outright that he didn't pay any taxes or assuming he cheated in some way. When did we get to the point where somebody makes unconfirmed assertions and it is accepted as fact? And to do so on the floor of the US Senate by the majority leader is particularly disturbing. Doesn't bode well for future cooperation or compromise regardless of who gets elected.
NOT ONCE did Reid imply Romney did something illegal. I admit I have suggested that it is possible that he was part of the Amnesty program....but Reid did not....he only stated Romney did not pay any federal income taxes for 10 years....THAT does not in any way mean Romney did something illegal to get to that stage, but it does support the theory that our tax structure is very very messed up.....shoot, the 13% mitt did pay the 1 year he's shown, already supports that theory imo....you've got Gingrich making 950k and having a net tax rate of paying 31% and Mitt with millions more paying in the 13% range....and i'm sorry that is not just imo.

I don't know why Reid has chosen to say what he has said on the Senate floor....but as with all things, time will reveal ALL....and he will pay dearly if he has lied.

Forum List

Back