Regulators are getting more ridiculous

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
We love listening to John B. Wells daily reports when we can. The May 5, report tells us about new restaurant menu regulations requirements. Now I don't eat out very often but I sure wouldn't expect a restaurant to tell me how many calories are in the food I am going to order. Ribs are fattening, salad isn't. How stupid is the current generation? Or is it merely the people in the regulatory agencies pulling this type of crap? A small mom and pop business is being made nearly impossible to maintain due to this type crap such as menu calorie expectations. Does anyone else think this is being done on purpose to discourage small business enterprises like lil' home town restaurants?

It's about 11 minutes into the report

Hopefully this one will be rolled back. I remember when they talked about instituting it 3 years or so ago.

Hopefully this one will be rolled back. I remember when they talked about instituting it 3 years or so ago.
Congress needs to put limitations on this type of crap in case we get another or more mafia types in any of the offices.

I'm all for this.

Consumers can make more informed decisions if they understand the health content of their meals.

I'm not big on the government interfering in the economy, but one of the best things the government can do is to provide laws that give consumers more information.

I'm all for this.

Consumers can make more informed decisions if they understand the health content of their meals.

I'm not big on the government interfering in the economy, but one of the best things the government can do is to provide laws that give consumers more information.
Then do that in Canada and leave us alone.

I'm all for this.

If i walk into a restaurant, I can gusrantee you there is no warijng or information thst will keep me from ordering whstever I want from the menu.

We love listening to John B. Wells daily reports when we can. The May 5, report tells us about new restaurant menu regulations requirements. Now I don't eat out very often but I sure wouldn't expect a restaurant to tell me how many calories are in the food I am going to order. Ribs are fattening, salad isn't. How stupid is the current generation? Or is it merely the people in the regulatory agencies pulling this type of crap? A small mom and pop business is being made nearly impossible to maintain due to this type crap such as menu calorie expectations. Does anyone else think this is being done on purpose to discourage small business enterprises like lil' home town restaurants?

Even salads are unhealthy... You ever look at the nutrition label on dressing?

I don't see what the big deal is. America is a rather obese country... I think the government should start regulating what kind of food is sold to consumers. Like the seat belt law, other members in society pay for the unhealthy eating habits of other people.

I don't see what the big deal is. America is a rather obese country... I think the government should start regulating what kind of food is sold to consumers. Like the seat belt law, other members in society pay for the unhealthy eating habits of other people.

I'm kind of old fashion and like the government to mind the business of making sure the country is safe from things like invaders, lawless perps and stuff like that instead of becoming fascist dictators running every aspect of our lives. Heck the government only makes the little folks tow the mark and legislators do not make laws that they intend on living under as regular everyday citizens. Besides obesity is not just a matter of food intake there is a lot more to it than that if you take the time to investigate it all. When a body does not know what to do with something it does not recognize such as an overload of sugar, fructose and the associated toxins that come along with the food today it turns it into storage cells (fat). Fat also appears as cellulite which is also stored toxins, those toxins can range from chemicals to viruses and all the environmental things that the human body was never created to intake or deal with continually. Things like bleach white bread have Alloxan which is toxic to the Pancreas as are many of the antibiotics in many meat products you buy today along with, bacterial, fungal or viral infections and microscopic parasites; these things can all make people look fat but that look of fat can be deceiving as it can be organ and intestinal failure and/or a combination of toxic buildup. Go through small country towns in the summer and look at children playing outside, you can see first hand that many have those tires around their bellies like forty year old might have or two year olds with pooched out tummies like older' alcoholics < those are signs of organ failure that many times do not fully manifest until later in their lives.

I'm kind of old fashion and like the government to mind the business of making sure the country is safe from things like invaders, lawless perps and stuff like that instead of becoming fascist dictators running every aspect of our lives. Heck the government only makes the little folks tow the mark and legislators do not make laws that they intend on living under as regular everyday citizens. Besides obesity is not just a matter of food intake there is a lot more to it than that if you take the time to investigate it all. When a body does not know what to do with something it does not recognize such as an overload of sugar, fructose and the associated toxins that come along with the food today it turns into into storage cells (fat). Fat also appears as cellulite which is also stored toxins, those toxins can range from chemicals to viruses and all the environmental things that the human body was never created to intake or deal with continually. Things like bleach white bread have Alloxan which is toxic to the Pancreas as are many of the antibiotics in many meat products you buy today along with, bacterial, fungal or viral infections and microscopic parasites; these things can all make people look fat but that look of fat can be deceiving as it can be organ and intestinal failure and/or a combination of toxic buildup. Go through small country towns in the summer and look at children playing outside, you can see first hand that many have those tires around their bellies like forty year old might have or two year olds with pooched out tummies like older' alcoholics < those are signs of organ failure that many times do not fully manifest until later in their lives.

I don't like government overreach either, but we as a nation are too fat. It would be one thing if we had decent health insurance and real options of healthy food, but we don't. Good tasting food is almost like a drug, it triggers brain senses that make you addicted to it. Perhaps we shouldn't "ban" unhealthy food, but instead require restaurants to sell a wide range of healthy, natural options.

I'm kind of old fashion and like the government to mind the business of making sure the country is safe from things like invaders, lawless perps and stuff like that instead of becoming fascist dictators running every aspect of our lives. Heck the government only makes the little folks tow the mark and legislators do not make laws that they intend on living under as regular everyday citizens. Besides obesity is not just a matter of food intake there is a lot more to it than that if you take the time to investigate it all. When a body does not know what to do with something it does not recognize such as an overload of sugar, fructose and the associated toxins that come along with the food today it turns into into storage cells (fat). Fat also appears as cellulite which is also stored toxins, those toxins can range from chemicals to viruses and all the environmental things that the human body was never created to intake or deal with continually. Things like bleach white bread have Alloxan which is toxic to the Pancreas as are many of the antibiotics in many meat products you buy today along with, bacterial, fungal or viral infections and microscopic parasites; these things can all make people look fat but that look of fat can be deceiving as it can be organ and intestinal failure and/or a combination of toxic buildup. Go through small country towns in the summer and look at children playing outside, you can see first hand that many have those tires around their bellies like forty year old might have or two year olds with pooched out tummies like older' alcoholics < those are signs of organ failure that many times do not fully manifest until later in their lives.

I don't like government overreach either, but we as a nation are too fat. It would be one thing if we had decent health insurance and real options of healthy food, but we don't. Good tasting food is almost like a drug, it triggers brain senses that make you addicted to it. Perhaps we shouldn't "ban" unhealthy food, but instead require restaurants to sell a wide range of healthy, natural options.

Decent health insurance my aching ass. How about a more truthful government that quits protecting its mega commerce at the expense of the health of the nations people and the racketeers in the insurance and banking biz. Truth goes a long ways when people hear it and we don't get much of that in advertising, the AMA, big Agra, big Pharma, FDA, and the rest these days, and the EPA is bed with all of them. Hell we haven't had truth in it all since I was a child and that has been a good while back. Perhaps people need to start learning that money really doesn't make the world go around as they and their children will die miserably if that is all they care about. If they are willing to give up their health for a few bucks and their own convenience then they do it of their own free will. Just don't let the companies lie about their toxic products do it for free. Instead of letting those who rob and pillage and then dump worthless empty hulls off on to the public through Wall Street break the CEO's that did the damage.

Ban the lobbyist and attorneys that have convinced EPA and FDA to give these mega companies an exemption (free passes) on the limits that were set for health reasons on their chemicals and crap grown into the food and that are being put into the manufactured food. Clean up the water. Either the colleges need to teach doctors about true preventive medicine or get rid of them altogether. Quit trying to punish the people that do promote the natural, grow and make naturally healthy foods with onerous legislation and regulations (FDA sucks). At what point do the hazards become so obvious that legislators will actually start doing their jobs of making sure that companies are not killing the people for their own profits? Can an honorable person be found in Washington D.C.?

What I find disturbing is how I can't order 40mg Nexium from another country because it's illegal, and also because for some reason I need an Rx here that my insurance company wouldn't pay for anyways. But hey, that 20 mg is okay to be purchased off the shelf.

What I find disturbing is how I can't order 40mg Nexium from another country because it's illegal, and also because for some reason I need an Rx here that my insurance company wouldn't pay for anyways. But hey, that 20 mg is okay to be purchased off the shelf.
Why not try to find out what is causing the acid reflux and try cure it instead of just treat it? That is a huge problem docs are not taught to cure only treat.

Why not try to find out what is causing the acid reflux and try cure it instead of just treat it? That is a huge problem docs are not taught to cure only treat.

Because the cure is thousands of dollars, and like with all other surgery, not a sure thing.

Because the cure is thousands of dollars, and like with all other surgery, not a sure thing.
Who said anything about surgery. This is what I got my mom to help her crystallized Ginger. For myself I cook fresh in honey and keep it in the fridge eating a lil bit several times a day. Have your doctors checked you for parasites like blastocystis, giardia, cryptosporidia and others that cause gastric issues and peptic ulcers? They are very common and chlorination does not generally kill these plus they can be in veggies and some just through eating something prepared by someone with the issue.

My esophagus was badly damaged by chemical exposure. I spent years not being able to hold food down. I would have asthma attacks continually and the esophagus was so bad that the acid in my stomach continually came up and kept my false vocal cords inflamed (even sitting up straight), thus I couldn't talk worth a hoot to where people could understand what I was saying. My lungs were also damaged, plus kidneys, etc. I started self study several years ago determined to find something more that would help or I knew I wouldn't survive it all. Couldn't get insurance of any kind or medicaid, the employer and the state screwed me over and refused care (long story). Anyhow long trip through the process of healing but I no longer throw up all through the night, voice is near normal and lungs have began to rebuild, all with herbs, vitamins, oils and diet. The extra sixty pounds that came on immediately after the accident and never went away until I started detoxing are almost all gone now.

Who said anything about surgery. This is what I got my mom to help her crystallized Ginger. For myself I cook fresh in honey and keep it in the fridge eating a lil bit several times a day. Have your doctors checked you for parasites like blastocystis, giardia, cryptosporidia and others that cause gastric issues and peptic ulcers? They are very common and chlorination does not generally kill these plus they can be in veggies and some just through eating something prepared by someone with the issue.

My esophagus was badly damaged by chemical exposure. I spent years not being able to hold food down. I would have asthma attacks continually and the esophagus was so bad that the acid in my stomach continually came up and kept my false vocal cords inflamed (even sitting up straight), thus I couldn't talk worth a hoot to where people could understand what I was saying. My lungs were also damaged, plus kidneys, etc. I started self study several years ago determined to find something more that would help or I knew I wouldn't survive it all. Couldn't get insurance of any kind or medicaid, the employer and the state screwed me over and refused care (long story). Anyhow long trip through the process of healing but I no longer throw up all through the night, voice is near normal and lungs have began to rebuild, all with herbs, vitamins, oils and diet. The extra sixty pounds that came on immediately after the accident and never went away until I started detoxing are almost all gone now.

It's simply just a hiatal hernia that causes it. Your solution isn't a permanent fix and requires jumping through hoops.

I'm all for this.

Most people I know who are health conscious eat at home.

The government required labeling on all food sold in grocery stores more than a decade ago. This allows consumers to make better choices.

The market should be allowed to work. But as every student in the first class of Economics 101 knows, the market works best when people have as much information as they need to make an informed decision. The market works less well when one party to the transaction has asymmetric information over the other. There is too much regulation, but the best government regulation is regulation that makes the market work better. Food labeling is an example.

When people buy food, they often aren't making rational choices since choices are often driven by deep-rooted physiological and psychological impulses. That's why food companies spend tens of billions of dollars a year on marketing and product-testing, often at the detriment to our health. Giving people more information helps them make more rational and better choices.

New Topics

Forum List

Back