Registration of firearms leads to confiscation

Whether it’s abortion or guns – ‘bans’ don’t work; whether it’s ‘banning’ abortion or guns, both are examples of increasing the authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty.

‘Banning’ certain types of firearms or placing more restrictions on firearms is ineffective and pointless.

Solutions need to be explored that address the problem of gun crime and violence that don’t involve the regulation of firearms.

Yeah, strict regulation of criminals, something you commies don't seem to want to do.

It was the original intent of the Framers that the courts determine what the Constitution means, to interpret the Constitution through cases brought before the courts, and to establish the case law placing limits on how government regulates or restricts citizens’ rights – including the Second Amendment.

And current Second Amendment case law holds that the Second Amendment safeguards an individual right to possess a handgun pursuant to lawful self-defense unconnected with militia service.

It’s only been 12 years since the Second Amendment was incorporated to the states and local jurisdictions – prior to that it applied solely to the Federal government.

Consequently, the courts have only started to explore the meaning of the Second Amendment, its scope and limitations, as well as limitations as to how state and local governments may regulate and restrict that right.

Wow, more commie lies, the 2nd was incorporated the same time the 1st was, with the ratification of the 14th. You might want to read up on the incorporation doctrine.

Business owners at liberty to possess firearms, to relocate their firearms to other venues, firearms that have in no manner been ‘confiscated.’

And laws that prohibit firearms in certain locations are perfectly Constitutional – neither infringing upon nor violating the Second Amendment.

Not when the law is written so broadly that it virtually eliminates constitutional rights in whole city of 8 million people.

Not when the law is written so broadly that it virtually eliminates constitutional rights in whole city of 8 million people.

Perhaps you should write your own law and UPS it to them. I'm sure they would appreciate your help and pass it right away.

Yeah, so dangerous it takes 30 FBI swat members to arrest a pro-life pastor with his wife and 7 kids in the home. What was his crime, simply pushing a man back that was in his 12 yo sons face cursing him. The asshole tried to sue the pastor and the case was thrown out of court, but now the regime DOJ is pursuing criminal charges, even when there was no physical harm done. So fuck you and your commie propaganda.

Really? That sounds horrible. Don't worry though, cause I'm sending my thoughts and prayers, and we all know that is all that's needed to solve a problem.

What makes you think it will? The voices in youre head?

Nope, past performance is the best predictor of future performance. That unelected bitch that has assumed the governorship thinks she can dictate anything. You can bet your ass the courts will give her an attitude adjustment.

Nope, past performance is the best predictor of future performance. That unelected bitch that has assumed the governorship thinks she can dictate anything. You can bet your ass the courts will give her an attitude adjustment.

You're funny in a creepy sort of way.

I guess you don't believe in facts or statistics either. Store owners who have guns are 17 times more likely to be shot. The money isn't worth it. Hand it over to the crooks, notify the police and contact your insurance company. That's a best policy to live with.
Armed robbery is rarely successful anymore
Each robbery is recorded and the suspect is usually identified within a few days

Well lawmakers seem to think that abortion is barbaric and they took away women's right to have them so I think guns are barbaric and they should go by the wayside if humanity is ever going to advance itself forget the law abiding stuff it's not worth it anymore. They technology it's not the same as it was in the old days it's so advanced it's become horrifically dangerous. They shouldn't even be allowed to make these kind of guns anymore except for the police they're the only ones and unmilitary they're the only answers have these horrible weapons. But then again war should be outlawed already, humans are just too stupid for their own good. Time to let the computers rule over us.
Not really because a woman can simply travel to a state where abortion is legal.

Roe was always a kind of iffy thing anyway.

And tell me if a woman does break the law in a state that bans abortion are YOU punished for it in any way?

The vast majority of rapists are men. I think rape is reprehensible. Should we treat all men as if they are guilty of rape.

Maybe you want to volunteer to be the one who is punished for the crimes of others.

An ignorant and ridiculous response.

Second Amendment case law determines how the government regulates and limits that right, such as requiring a permit to carry a concealed firearm – Bruen doesn’t change that fact and is now part of that Second Amendment jurisprudence instructing governments how to regulate and limit the Second Amendment right.

Second Amendment case law is in its infancy and still evolving – it will take years – perhaps decades – before we have a comprehensive understanding of the scope of the Second Amendment right.
Those of us with any common sense know how the second is supposed to work.

Tell me what if we wanted to regulate and limit voting rights like requiring classes testing and permitting, you'd be all for that right?

How about 1st, 4th or 5th amendment rights? If you don't take a class, pass a rest and pay a fee then you don't get those rights either.

Forum List

Back