Registering Poor Voters Is ‘Un-American’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
MatthewVadum-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

By Ryan J. Reilly

Conservative columnist Matthew Vadum is just going to come right out and say it: registering the poor to vote is un-American and "like handing out burglary tools to criminals."

"It is profoundly antisocial and un-American to empower the nonproductive segments of the population to destroy the country -- which is precisely why Barack Obama zealously supports registering welfare recipients to vote," Vadum, the author of a book published by World Net Daily that attacks the now-defunct community organizing group ACORN, writes in a column for the American Thinker.

More: Columnist: Registering Poor To Vote 'Like Handing Out Burglary Tools To Criminals' | TPMMuckraker

This is all part of the radical right agenda to disenfranchise poor voters who mostly vote Democrat.

Oh, are you gonna start that TM disenfranchisement shit too?

Look. The guys book was published by World Net Daily. That alone should tell you to freaking ignore it... and him.

A decade before the Motor-Voter law that required states to register voters at welfare offices was enacted, NAACP official Joe Madison explained the political economy of voter registration drives.

"When people are standing in line to get cheese and butter or unemployment compensation, you don't have to tell them how to vote," said Madison, now a radio talk show host in Washington, D.C. "They know how to vote."

Like Madison, Barack Obama grasped this basic truth when he worked for ACORN's Project Vote affiliate in 1992.

"All our people must know that politics and voting affects their lives directly," the future president said. "If we're registering people in public housing, for an example, we talk about aid cuts and who's responsible."

Encouraging those who burden society to participate in elections isn't about helping the poor. It's about helping the poor to help themselves to others' money. It's about raw so-called social justice. It's about moving America ever farther away from the small-government ideals of the Founding Fathers.

Link

The least you can do is let the man bury himself rather than use a trashy piece of opinion journalism to do it.

Matthew Vadum (matthewvadum.com): Registering the Poor to Vote is Un-American

Encouraging those who burden society to participate in elections isn't about helping the poor. It's about helping the poor to help themselves to others' money. It's about raw so-called social justice. It's about moving America ever farther away from the small-government ideals of the Founding Fathers.
Registering the unproductive to vote is an idea that was heavily promoted by the small-c communists Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven, as I write in my new book, Subversion Inc.: How Obama's ACORN Red Shirts are Still Terrorizing and Ripping Off American Taxpayers.

Immie

This is all part of the radical right agenda to disenfranchise poor voters who mostly vote Democrat.

As long as they're
1# Legal
2# Not dead
3# Not made up

I have no problem with it at all. Hell, I don't have a problem with the democrats buying things for people to vote for them...If what you believe is not strong enough to vote on then you'll be bought. Sounds fair.

I believe anyone that cares about this country should vote, but lets just say that some policies are better then others in reality. Agreed?:lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I still remember how impulsively and unfairly Congress moved to kill ACORN - which was later vindicated.

ACORN "Not Guilty" | TPMCafe

John Atlas: ACORN Vindicated of Wrongdoing by the Congressional Watchdog Office

Would that be the Congress who voted to de-fund ACORN, by 345-75? The de-funding that was upheld in court?

Amazing that all 345 Republican voted... oh wait, there are not 345 Republican in Congress, now are there. Silly me.

There is a whole shit load of stuff that should be defunded. We can't give money to ever little stupid thing, :lol:

Last edited:
I still remember how impulsively and unfairly Congress moved to kill ACORN - which was later vindicated.

ACORN "Not Guilty" | TPMCafe

John Atlas: ACORN Vindicated of Wrongdoing by the Congressional Watchdog Office
Cons must know about Acorn's vindication, right?

points to post #14

and to this link...

ACORN Pleads Guilty In Nevada Voter Fraud Case | FoxNews.com
I guess it's in Fox' interest to keep doubt alive.

Forum List

Back