Regarding the No Family Attack Rule in the Flame Zone

Ropey

אחרית הימים
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 5, 2010
Excuse me if this is the wrong forum for this question. I seldom question rules regarding the forum. This is one of those times. The last time was the forum tags being abused.

I would like to address this issue with the staff. It's regarding people using their families as bait in threads in order to raise the flame fight. Right now, the way it stands, anyone can bring up their families in the flame zone and if someone says something that's negative about the 'offered' family position then USMB members can report that person.

And through a setup members can be censure/banned.

This could use an addressing regarding the flame zone use of family in threads and posts in order to stop this abuse.

imho

The no family attack rule should stand for family attacks that are not initiated by the family member and if a family member inserts their family into the flame, it should be fair flame game.

I agree. Certain crew members use that technique to try and set a ham handed trap. Families should not be subject to flaming in general. BUT if you bring your family into it - then it becomes fair game within that context.

For example:

"I just spent $5000 for my daughters braces.'

"How many tricks did you turn to pay for her braces? Considering your personality, my guess would be you go for 5 bucks a pop." Would be within the rules.

"Did you trick her out?" Would be borderline on the rules.

"No surprise that you want to increase the street value of that whore daughter of yours." Would be outside of the rules.

Excuse me if this is the wrong forum for this question. I seldom question rules regarding the forum. This is one of those times. The last time was the forum tags being abused.

I would like to address this issue with the staff. It's regarding people using their families as bait in threads in order to raise the flame fight. Right now, the way it stands, anyone can bring up their families in the flame zone and if someone says something that's negative about the 'offered' family position then USMB members can report that person.

This could use an addressing regarding the flame zone use of family in threads and posts in order to stop this abuse.

imho

The no family attack rule should stand for family attacks that are not initiated by the family member and if a family member inserts their family into the flame, it should be fair flame game.

How in Hell can you be setup? Family negative comments are off limits. Is that too hard for you to understand? Positive comments are okay obviously. Sorry you can't attack everyone you want. Deal with it or leave.

imho

How in Hell can you be setup? Family negative comments are off limits. Is that too hard for you to understand? Positive comments are okay obviously. Sorry you can't attack everyone you want. Deal with it or leave.

Save, just address the question and try to stop crying about me. It's a fundamental question and needs no personal characterization or dramatics. Thank you.

Regarding how a setup occurs on the no family attack rule?

Ask Coyote about that one. Maybe she's seen the reports.

imho

Save, just address the question and try to stop crying about me. It's a fundamental question and needs no personal characterization or dramatics. Thank you.

Dave.h2.jpg

imho

Dave.h2.jpg
Townshend ain't here.

Too bad for you.

imho

If the reports were about you, you're still here, so no harm no foul. Apparently they can tell when a poster is trying to set up another poster. I also think mods consider other factors beyond the actual supposed offense. Ultimately we have no say and are here to generate ad revenue.

Congratulations, you're a money maker Ropey.

Forum List

Back