Regarding Bitchute.

Just wanted to bump this for the admins. PLEASE add bitchute or the other ones mentioned to the video platforms we can embed.

ThemTube is so 2008. hahaha

In other news, where has Pumpkin Row been? We need people like her here!
I got tired of talking to NPCs, so anytime I'm mentioned or replied to, I only see it if I check my email(once per-month), and go into my Spam folder(Even less).

Thank you for your appreciation, though.
We worry about you. You are one of the most intelligent, most wide awake posters that we have.

. . . that can, sometimes lead to hopelessness and depression in times like these.

54697d88b045e421eb06489b107687a9.jpg

Since YouTube is clearly become partisan and political, as it is a subsidiary of Google, can we PLEASE get the ability to embed Bit-chute videos?

It is my opinions that with out the freedom of speech, a political discussion site is becoming worthless.

The Corbett Report

The Corbett Report
For political commentary Bitchute is a viable alternative to youtube

but so far most people are unaware of it

So till its seen by 100s of millions it cant be a true rival to youtube

Since YouTube is clearly become partisan and political, as it is a subsidiary of Google, can we PLEASE get the ability to embed Bit-chute videos?

It is my opinions that with out the freedom of speech, a political discussion site is becoming worthless.

The Corbett Report

The Corbett Report
For political commentary Bitchute is a viable alternative to youtube

but so far most people are unaware of it

So till its seen by 100s of millions it cant be a true rival to youtube
The only way to make it a "true rival," is to make it as accessible as YouTube. We can start by pressuring our own community to enable embedding.

Part of their own problem, is they still need to work on their site. I find their search function and their lay out a bit lacking, IMO.

The only way to make it a "true rival," is to make it as accessible as YouTube. We can start by pressuring our own community to enable embedding.
I guess I dont know what that means

Cant we link to Bitchute videos from this forum?

Yes, we can link to them, but the video won't display.

Believe it or not, there is a very LARGE subset of folks, especially tech savvy people, that will not click links they are not familiar with, but WILL watch a video that they can see, on a site they trust.

Here, this is the embedded video on YouTube, which I never posted in the OP;

Here is the link on Bitchute, see the difference?

The Corbett Report

The Corbett Report
That be so awesome,YouTube so much suppresses and bans things over time not politically correct,bit huge is totally for free speech,much better venue by leaps and bounds,no contest.

Here, this is the embedded video on YouTube, which I never posted in the OP;

Here is the link on Bitchute, see the difference?

Amen to that the difference,the wonderful communist censorship of youtube at its glory very best.

From what I have read up on it, it is doable from the Admin CP

If it is already a part of the software, otherwise NO.

The software is owned by Xenforo, thus only they can make the changes and upgrades to the existing software.

If I wanted to add bit-chute to my forum which is a FREE software, I can make the change myself in the software code with it added in.

From what I have read up on it, it is doable from the Admin CP

The software is owned by Xenforo, thus only they can make the changes and upgrades to the existing software.

If I wanted to add bit-chute to my forum which is a FREE software, I can make the change myself in the software code with it added in.
Pretty sad that we saw this coming way back in Dec. of 2017, but we had no way to prepare to embed videos from other platforms.

This is why the interlocking directorate is so powerful.

A lot of folks saw which way the wind was blowing. . . but by the time it got here, it was practically too late. I only saw a button for Parlor embedded on many sites several weeks before the election. And still, no video sharing sites to compete with Google.

After that article in Time, you would think that the nation would demand a RICO investigation be opened up against the majors in silicon valley . . . :dunno:

FOCUS-Amazon and Big Tech cozy up to Biden camp with cash and connections

What stuns me, is that the left is so partisan, that it is just fine with big corporations deciding for them what they can think and what they are allowed to write, and that is just fine with them.

If you had told Beatniks and Hippies, that someday, their ideological descendants would surrender their rights to big global corporatism. . . well. . . :rolleyes-41:

. . I can tell you, Lenny Bruce is probably rolling over in his grave right about now.

Why hasn't this been done?

More and more folks are being banned from YouTube?

If we can't get this done with Bitchute?

Maybe?

Dont know man.. I'll send out the bat signal to Admin and request it. We usually reply on 3rd party "plug-ins" to do this under Xenforo. And it may be that none have been written and offered.

I'm with ya.. Not only BitChute, but Rumble also.. Which if you haven't checked out -- is going gang-busters...

Not doubting your coding ability, but it's more complicated than it appears. Like I said above, USUALLY -- there are 3rd party "add-ins" that we can buy cheaply for Xenforo.. Maybe even BitChute and Rumble supply some scripting language framework for doing this on various social media platforms.

Don't knock yourself out doing stuff like this from scratch...

That's it kill them with kindness...
Thanks buddy, I've never been very good at this.

How much would you charge to be my PR agent?
Just one arm.
For the past two weeks, my dominant arm has been hurting something like a bitch. I don't know if it is b/c I spend too much time on the PC, or something else. . .
A lot of causes seem mysterious. . . and look to resolve themselves with time and home physical therapy. .
Right Shoulder and Arm Pain: 15 Causes and Treatments

If it doesn't get better in another couple weeks, I'll go see a doc, if he can't help? . .. . . sure, you can have that one and I'll retire from my on-line days to just books.

I was going to comment that Bitchute is mostly conspiracy theories and racist rants. Then I remembered I'm on USMB. :dunno:

The Corbett Report

The Corbett Report

The changes are in.. Just looked at a test thread in the Mod Lounge with vids from both Rumble and BitChute.. So try it out... Thanks for the suggestion.. I'm sure many members appreciate your request..

The Corbett Report

The Corbett Report

The changes are in.. Just looked at a test thread in the Mod Lounge with vids from both Rumble and BitChute.. So try it out... Thanks for the suggestion.. I'm sure many members appreciate your request..
Thanks. I was going to remind you tonight. I have been pretty busy with Dr's apts. and with the weather nice here, I have had to see my mechanic with some car maintenance.

I know that bitchute is peer to peer, but I do not know who hosts Rumble. I have been trying to find out. I can't find any info.

This is all I could find.

Forum List

Back