Redskins changing their name

Petition to change the name back is here....

Join me in signing if you are sick and tired of the never-ending fragility which is forced on everyone.

Petition to change the name back is here....

Join me in signing if you are sick and tired of the never-ending fragility which is forced on everyone.

Yup, agreed go back to the Redskins and leave it alone. Wish the Cleveland Guardians would go back to being the Indians as well.

The problem is not the name
What is the problem then? (Serious question)

I can think of a few potential reasons...

1. Some fragile people are offended that the Man has named his team after Indians, as if they are mascots.
2. Some people consider "Redskin" deragatory, as they would "Yellowskin."

I don't think the Redskins ever issued an official statement indicating the reason for the change, but it was during the BLM movement which resulted in rather extreme sensitivity to everything related to DNA.

Personally, I think the name is intended out of respect for a brave a fierce warrior. No one would name their own team after something which they thought was inferior or not worthy of respect.

Regards,
Jim

What is the problem then? (Serious question)

I can think of a few potential reasons...

1. Some fragile people are offended that the Man has named his team after Indians, as if they are mascots.
2. Some people consider "Redskin" deragatory, as they would "Yellowskin."

I don't think the Redskins ever issued an official statement indicating the reason for the change, but it was during the BLM movement which resulted in rather extreme sensitivity to everything related to DNA.

Personally, I think the name is intended out of respect for a brave a fierce warrior. No one would name their own team after something which they thought was inferior or not worthy of respect.

Regards,
Jim
I'm not sure respect is the right word to use to describe when the capitalist empire who took your land and raped your people decides to use your likeness and culture for their own promotion and profit.

Love when white leftists get all offended on behalf of another group and then act as though patronizing people isn't offensive to whatever group they are offended FOR.

White leftists are the most pitiful group of patronizing losers in the world. They're in every country too. Most prevalent here.

Love when white leftists get all offended on behalf of another group and then act as though patronizing people isn't offensive to whatever group they are offended FOR.

White leftists are the most pitiful group of patronizing losers in the world. They're in every country too. Most prevalent here.

😄

I love the projection. Like the Right wing is a bastion multiculturalism and diverse ethnicities. Bitch please.

😄

I love the projection. Like the Right wing is a bastion multiculturalism and diverse ethnicities. Bitch please.

We Conservatives don't care about your "mulitculturalism and diverse ethnicities." We care about your character.

For Liberals, this seems to be all they care about - what is your gender today, what is your skin color, who do you sleep with? - These qualities define your value. Its absolutely disgusting.

No one can change the DNA they were born with. It's irrelevant and nothing to be proud of.

Accomplishments and behaviors are things which one can control and should be proud of.

So................. Dude, please.

Regards,
Jim

We Conservatives don't care about your "mulitculturalism and diverse ethnicities." We care about your character.
Do you think you're special in that regard? My point isn't that minorities don't, it's that they've looked at the character of the Republican party and have found it wanting. Nearly every other demographic of people who aren't white Christians choose as a majority to vote against you and the Democratic party still gets a lot of from Christians, white or otherwise, just not a majority.
For Liberals, this seems to be all they care about - what is your gender today, what is your skin color, who do you sleep with? - These qualities define your value. Its absolutely disgusting.
I don't care about the color of anyone's skin. I find it telling that your party finds it difficult to find support among anyone other than a very specific portion of the population.
No one can change the DNA they were born with. It's irrelevant and nothing to be proud of.

Accomplishments and behaviors are things which one can control and should be proud of.

So................. Dude, please.

Regards,
Jim
If you believe that then why do you feel as if judging people by their character isn't something minority voters do?

Do you think you're special in that regard? My point isn't that minorities don't, it's that they've looked at the character of the Republican party and have found it wanting. Nearly every other demographic of people who aren't white Christians choose as a majority to vote against you and the Democratic party still gets a lot of from Christians, white or otherwise, just not a majority.

I don't care about the color of anyone's skin. I find it telling that your party finds it difficult to find support among anyone other than a very specific portion of the population.

If you believe that then why do you feel as if judging people by their character isn't something minority voters do?
I think you just proved my point.

As much as you claim to care about character, most of your reply is about DNA.

Your claim is (primarily) that White people vote for Repubs because it is the party of White people.

No, it is the party of equal opportunity for all. Success and failure based upon meritocracy.

Arguably, the Dems are the party of rich White Liberals. They simply propel a false narrative, which is also propelled by the media and the rich White politicians, that the Dem Party actually cares about little people, and that many of the unsuccessful people are victims of systemically-racist system. Fact of the matter is, anyone can be successful, if they try hard every day (e.g. Barrack Obama, Clarence Thomas, countless others).

Some people don't like that, and want handouts and false promises of taking money form the evil rich people and spreading it around.

Regards,
Jim

I think you just proved my point.

As much as you claim to care about character, most of your reply is about DNA.

Your claim is (primarily) that White people vote for Repubs because it is the party of White people.
No.... my claim is that Republican policies and politicians are soundly rejected by nearly every other demographic and by a strong majority. That doesn't just include DNA. It includes religious demographics like Muslim and Jewish Americans, age demographics, sexual orientation... you are losing with everyone and the evidence in it is in our voting data.
No, it is the party of equal opportunity for all. Success and failure based upon meritocracy.
That's certainly the sales pitch but not a lot of people other than older straight White Christians are buying it and them only just.
Arguably, the Dems are the party of rich White Liberals.
And nearly every other demographic except white evangelicals without a college education.
They simply propel a false narrative, which is also propelled by the media and the rich White politicians, that the Dem Party actually cares about little people, and that many of the unsuccessful people are victims of systemically-racist system. Fact of the matter is, anyone can be successful, if they try hard every day (e.g. Barrack Obama, Clarence Thomas, countless others).

Some people don't like that, and want handouts and false promises of taking money form the evil rich people and spreading it around.

Regards,
Jim
So all the minority voters who vote Democratic just want handouts?

No.... my claim is that Republican policies and politicians are soundly rejected by nearly every other demographic and by a strong majority. That doesn't just include DNA. It includes religious demographics like Muslim and Jewish Americans, age demographics, sexual orientation... you are losing with everyone and the evidence in it is in our voting data.

That's certainly the sales pitch but not a lot of people other than older straight White Christians are buying it and them only just.

And nearly every other demographic except white evangelicals without a college education.

So all the minority voters who vote Democratic just want handouts?
Hi, Curried Goats.

I am going to bail now as we have pretty much exhausted the subject and we're slightly off-topic with the discussion of voter demographics, but I just wanted to thank you for civil discourse. It's obvious that we disagree on this subject, and probably lots more, but that's okay and it's refreshing to discuss with someone who hurls thoughts instead of insults.

Regards, and go 'skins! LOL.
Jim

Forum List

Back