Rediscovering Hebrons Jewish Past

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This is a great article which reports the discoveries being made in Hebron revealing the rich Jewish history of the land. The writer poses a great question. How many people today can say they are living in the very place they originated? I don't know the answer to that question but I do know the Hebrews can!

The Jewish Press » » Rediscovering Hebron?s Jewish Past

Rediscovering Hebron’s Jewish Past
By: David Wilder
Published: January 10th, 2014

We repeat the words David Melech Yisrael, Chai v’Kayam – David, King of Israel, is alive and exists. Daily we pray for the renewal of the kingdom of David, the roots of which are in Hebron.

The significance of this is, not such much what was in the past, but who we are today, and where we are going in the future. I tell many of my guests in Hebron, I am not so amazed at the presence of Abraham, 3,700 years ago, but rather that we still live at the very site where we originated. How many peoples in world can say that, today, in 2014, they still live where they began, in our case, almost 4,000 years ago?

Last edited:
This is a great article which reports the discoveries being made in Hebron revealing the rich Jewish history of the land. The writer poses a great question. How many people today can say they are living in the very place they originated? I don't know the answer to that question but I do know the Hebrews can!

We repeat the words David Melech Yisrael, Chai v’Kayam – David, King of Israel, is alive and exists. Daily we pray for the renewal of the kingdom of David, the roots of which are in Hebron.

The significance of this is, not such much what was in the past, but who we are today, and where we are going in the future. I tell many of my guests in Hebron, I am not so amazed at the presence of Abraham, 3,700 years ago, but rather that we still live at the very site where we originated. How many peoples in world can say that, today, in 2014, they still live where they began, in our case, almost 4,000 years ago?

It's very ironic that Jews can live in New York, Paris or Kansas City...but not in Hebron, where Judaism began.

It's very ironic that Jews can live in New York, Paris or Kansas City...but not in Hebron, where Judaism began.

But they do live in Hebron. In fact, Netanyahu recently announced more housing there

@ForeverYoung I have good news! The promise was made to Abraham that the land was given to him and his descendants as an everlasting possession. It will come to pass. Mark my words!

Forum List

Back