Red Light Camera's --- all about safety my ass

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
California: City Profits From Right Turn Trap

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As he slowed to make his turn, looking both ways, a 0.6 second gap appeared between the end of the yellow light and the illumination of the green arrow. Because Lo was caught in between the split-second lag between the lights, the photographic evidence showed him apparently breaking the law. A look at the video evidence, however, shows that the vehicle's front wheels had barely entered the intersection by the time that the green arrow appeared.[/FONT]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FndhEE-pKRs&[/ame]

Last edited:
Don’t get me started on this; Western Australia’s entire road safety regime is one of the biggest pick pocket operations going. I call the officers Fagins.

We have ridiculously low speed limits, long stretches with no turn in lanes or pedestrian access at 60 kilometers! In the morning driving to work almost every car breaks this limit.

Any law that the overwhelming majority of people break is an unjust law. And the police are always hanging around these speed traps and rarely to be found on the more dangerous stretches of road where people take care.

You will receive a fine here for being a low as 6 kilometers over the speed limit!

Call a cop in WA because there is violence about and it will take a half hour or more for them to respond, but speed and police are jumping out of the trees.

Last edited:
There are places I wish there were more of them. Especially at rush hour. I have missed my light because some clods keep on parading through the other red.

California: City Profits From Right Turn Trap

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As he slowed to make his turn, looking both ways, a 0.6 second gap appeared between the end of the yellow light and the illumination of the green arrow. Because Lo was caught in between the split-second lag between the lights, the photographic evidence showed him apparently breaking the law. A look at the video evidence, however, shows that the vehicle's front wheels had barely entered the intersection by the time that the green arrow appeared.[/FONT]

They have to find some way to support the illegal aliens.

I said this back in the '80s, when they were going nuts with DWI laws, and got accused of being an apologist for drunk driving.

It's all about the cash shakedown nowadays.

Same here, they have random stops, no probable cause needed, and the levels are so low that just two beers in less than an hour may pop you. Hell, two beers can't even wake me up. I drive better on two beers as I am not shaking all over the road.

Go to a picnic and most people are going to have more than two beers.

Now the police chief here wants a life time ban if you get caught twice!

Still, it is remarkable, I have driven over the limit more often than not and never been caught.

I think their is either a form of grace following me or the Hyundai Getz I drive with a kid seat in the back throws them off the scent.

Catch me if you can O'Callahan.

Last edited:
It's all about MONEY.

Maybe in the beginning it was an idea that someone thought might curb 'bad driving'. But like the death penalty, it curbs nothing.

Why not mandatory 'in car cameras' to tattle on those who, while driving, use cell phones, comb their hair, do their eyebrows, eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, amongst other things, while traveling at speeds up to 90mph.

Not to worry, when every car has GPS tracking built in, I am sure every state will see this as a cash cow and issue speeding tickets AND tax us for miles driven.

Out of control governments 101. Do we really work for ourselves anymore, or for the State?

Just a rambling thought...........:eek:

We're going to SERVE AND PROTECT you even if we have to fine you, imprison you or even kill you to do it.

Its just a money grab.

The city is installing six such cameras where I live. The city expects to raise $800k a year from the scheme.

In the UK, local councils are removing them, because they're too expensive to maintain. :lol::lol: Same will happen in the US eventually. It is a money grab, nothing to do with road safety.

Forum List

Back