Red Cross no longer accepting convalescent plasma for COVID-19

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
I have bored you people to death with the fact that I had covid and have been donating plasma, actually platelets to help cure those who had it. I am going again next week but then its done. According to the Red Cross the Gov't is shutting down the program??!?! Weird.

Maybe due to the vaccines or other inventions but the Red Cross rep was definitely puzzled as well. I don't have a link to the shut down but you may call the Red Cross and confirm.

I have bored you people to death with the fact that I had covid and have been donating plasma, actually platelets to help cure those who had it. I am going again next week but then its done. According to the Red Cross the Gov't is shutting down the program??!?! Weird.

Maybe due to the vaccines or other inventions but the Red Cross rep was definitely puzzled as well. I don't have a link to the shut down but you may call the Red Cross and confirm.

Your citation says it all.

Dr. Dayand Borge, who is the division chief medical officer for the American Red Cross, says patience that receives this plasma early on tends to do a little bit better.

A year after recovering, Washko-Margraf says she got a letter that her antibody count is no longer high enough to donate for convalescent plasma, which is why she's grateful she helped when she did.

Your citation says it all.

Dr. Dayand Borge, who is the division chief medical officer for the American Red Cross, says patience that receives this plasma early on tends to do a little bit better.

A year after recovering, Washko-Margraf says she got a letter that her antibody count is no longer high enough to donate for convalescent plasma, which is why she's grateful she helped when she did.
If it helps why shut it down? The Red Cross still called me to donate. So I will. That letter is a form letter per the Red Cross and it’s because the Govt changed its policies.

Forum List

Back