Recycling

Used tires do have a high recycling rate. In the US it isn't as high as Europe's but we are in the upper 70's to low 80's percent depending on whose numbers you use.

Once they discover better products they can manufacture from recycled products, the market will grow.

Once they discover better products they can manufacture from recycled products, the market will grow.

That is the concern. We jumped from 10% in the early 90's and got up to about 85% recycling of them but now are backsliding because we haven't come up with anything new to make from them that keeps up with the number being manufactured today.

I think recycling should be a LOT bigger than what it is.

I was watching for off the grid folks turning plastics into diesel and burning it in their generators. And during the process, was actually getting some liquid that burns almost as good as gas.
There was another video about what they do with old tires. Turning those into all sorts of stuff

Then it got me to thinking about all the computers that got taken to the dump. All those metals, including gold that got buried.

Seems almost all that stuff can be turned into something else. But it's just getting wasted.
Well, every week I recycle a dozen wine bottles and countless beer cans, yet my neighbour only manages a couple of jam jars. Come on people, I can't fix this global warming problem on my own.

That is the concern. We jumped from 10% in the early 90's and got up to about 85% recycling of them but now are backsliding because we haven't come up with anything new to make from them that keeps up with the number being manufactured today.

I think the country is sort of focused on a lot of crap now a days. Hardly any new technological advancements in many years now. At least none that benefit most people.
It's like a huge cloud hanging over this country. All the great things we used to inspire, create and make a reality, just seems to have gone by the wayside for apps. (Things less significant)

If we reduce our use of oil we will have less products made from gunk left after higher distillates are made. The more gasoline and diesel we burn the more 'recyclable' byproducts enter the market.

I think the country is sort of focused on a lot of crap now a days. Hardly any new technological advancements in many years now. At least none that benefit most people.
It's like a huge cloud hanging over this country. All the great things we used to inspire, create and make a reality, just seems to have gone by the wayside for apps. (Things less significant)

I get your point but it isn't all useless. Some of the medical apps are real handy dandy for people with chronic issues. My former neighbor basically did that from home as a remote physician's assistance. She had her gaggle of terminal patients and monitored them remotely through app based devices. It allowed her to continue to work while having a little one at home and allowed the patients to continue to live at home and have medical care. She usually talked to each one once a day, could get them their refills, etc.

Anyway, I blame myself and all of those people like me with retirement accounts. Companies are increasingly beholding to us as a group and we want guaranteed profits, not really expensive inventions that may or may not return investments.

I get your point but it isn't all useless. Some of the medical apps are real handy dandy for people with chronic issues. My former neighbor basically did that from home as a remote physician's assistance. She had her gaggle of terminal patients and monitored them remotely through app based devices. It allowed her to continue to work while having a little one at home and allowed the patients to continue to live at home and have medical care. She usually talked to each one once a day, could get them their refills, etc.

Anyway, I blame myself and all of those people like me with retirement accounts. Companies are increasingly beholding to us as a group and we want guaranteed profits, not really expensive inventions that may or may not return investments.

Wait man. I'm talking about all those silly apps. There's some important ones, I get that.

If we reduce our use of oil we will have less products made from gunk left after higher distillates are made. The more gasoline and diesel we burn the more 'recyclable' byproducts enter the market.

Back in the late 90's, I was building fences made out of recycled milk jugs. They're still standing today.

Forum List

Back