Recreational/medicinal marijuana and guns

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Several states have legalized recreational MJ use, several others have legalized medicinal use.

However, as use is still illegal at the federal level, you cannot legally buy a gun if you use MJ for either purpose.

Question for supporters of recreational/medical MJ use:
Since it is legal to use MJ under your state laws, should you be able to legally buy a gun?

Please be sure to explain your response.

Several states have legalized recreational MJ use, several others have legalized medicinal use.

However, as use is still illegal at the federal level, you cannot legally buy a gun if you use MJ for either purpose.

Since it is legal to use MJ under your state laws, should you be able to legally buy a gun?

There is no rule of law anymore.

If you buy guns, the form only asks if you are an illegal user of weed.

At least that is how I recall it; I do not buy many NIB guns in stores.

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

11-e

Does that answer your question?

Time for Obama to void all federal pot laws by decree, leave it to the states, counties and cities.

This is correct.
People who use recreational/medicinal MJ are using an illegal drug.
Thus, my question: Since it is legal to use MJ under your state laws, should you be able to legally buy a gun?

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf
11-e
Does that answer your question?
No.

Simply, yes.

Simply, yes.
Please why you want people who use an illegal drug to be able to buy guns.

Simply, yes.

Because

1. Its legal now

And

2. Because calling it illegal doesnt mean shit. I'm concerned with the effects. I wouldnt want someone to be able to purchase a gun who was taking legal crazy person pills sooooo

Because
1. Its legal now
Under state law.
It is illegal under federal law, and thus, illegal.

Because calling it illegal doesn't mean shit.
Calling it illegal indeed means nothing.
That the law makes it illegal means it is illegal.

So, again:
Why do you want people who use an illegal drug to be able to buy guns?

This is correct.
Thus, my question: Since it is legal to use MJ under your state laws, should you be able to legally buy a gun?

Simply, yes.
It doesn't ask if the drug you use is illegal.

It asks if you are an unlawful user of that drug.

If you are lawfully using the drug, either medically or recreationally, in a state that allows it, and the feds are not moving in with the Army to suppress this rebellion against federally authority, and have tacitly conceded the issue, then yes, you should be able to buy the gun

Of course. Cannabis users are docile and passive. Alcohol users are more aggressive and violent but that's no disqualifier for purchasing firearms.

Of course. Cannabis users are docile and passive. Alcohol users are more aggressive and violent but that's no disqualifier for purchasing firearms.
Why do you want people who use illegal drugs to be able to buy firearms?

Because
1. Its legal now
Under state law.

So, again:

Once again, I dont care what they call it. I dont want some scitzo on pills to be able to buy guns simply because the drug is legal regardless of the effects.

Its pretty simple. People on weed dont go off the rails

This is correct.

Simply, yes.
It doesn't ask if the drug you use is illegal.
It asks if you are an unlawful user of that drug.
Under federal law, any use of MJ is illegal/unlawful, forcing a "yes" response to 11e, which will deny the purchase.
That it may not be illegal under state law means nothing.

In the interests of fairness, if you are using it for recreation, akin to beer and whiskey, your right to bear arms should not be infringed upon, while users of the product for medicinal purposes should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Pot for pain? o.k. / Pot for psychosis? Ummm, no.

Because
1. Its legal now
Under state law.

So, again:

Once again, I dont care what they call it. I dont want some scitzo on pills to be able to buy guns simply because the drug is legal regardless of the effects.

Its pretty simple. People on weed dont go off the rails
Some do.

It's not the weed, it's the inner asshole.

Forum List

Back