3. New EPA regulations
  4. Car bailout
  5. Quantitative Easing
  6. Cash for Clunkers
  7. mortgage "relief" program
  8. Green Jobs
  9. Restrictions on oil drilling
  10. Attacking the coal industry

Simply listing policies is not the same as showing how those policies hurt the economy.

Personally, I would LOVE to hear you explain how rescuing the auto industry and having Cash for Clunkers hurt the economy.

Simple: they all divert money from productive people to parasites or interfere with the functioning of the market.
they borrowed the money for it, from foreigners....they took nothing out of your pocket for it.....no one's taxes were raised to cover it, it was borrowed..... your kids and grand kids will pay for most of it, but not us....

nothing 'additional' was taken from our pockets for it

1. Obamacare
  2. the stimulus
  3. New EPA regulations
  4. Car bailout
  5. Quantitative Easing
  6. Cash for Clunkers
  8. Green Jobs

Simply listing policies is not the same as showing how those policies hurt the economy.

Personally, I would LOVE to hear you explain how rescuing the auto industry and having Cash for Clunkers hurt the economy.

Simple: they all divert money from productive people to parasites or interfere with the functioning of the market.

Because only rich people are important. The middle class are all parasites. Funny, how the middle class was "used" to create those "special rich".

How? What policy?

1. Obamacare
  2. the stimulus
  3. New EPA regulations
  4. Car bailout
  5. Quantitative Easing
  6. Cash for Clunkers
  8. Green Jobs

I doubt anybody here has the time or patience to give you the basic of Economics 100 much less 101.

But ANYBODY with half a brain should have been able to hear the President PROMISE that if we pass a almost $800 stimulus bill that millions of jobs will be created, unemployment won't go higher than 8%, eroding infrastructure will be repaired, and the economy will be able to recover. And the same people should have then observed that almost NONE of those things occurred. In fact if you read the evidence that is presented almost daily, you realize that most of that money went to shore up government, pay off cronies, curry favor with certain constituencies, and almost NONE of it accomplished any of the promises made for it.

Inflation is getting worse.
Unemployment remains high.
Business owners continue to sit on trillions of investment capital because of the uncertainty of future tax rates and regulation, most particularly as a result of Obamacare.
Gasoline prices remain high enough to have a devastating effect on transportation.
The national debt continues to soar and we are still facing trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see.
And NONE of the measures that have helped boost the economy in the past have been either embraced or endorsed by this administration.

Anybody without blinders on can see that we were all royally had.

And anybody who hasn't drunk the kool-ade would take note of what business leaders themselves are saying about the uncertainty of the wishy washy promises and moving targets of taxes, fees, the consequences of Obamacare, and how all the spending and uncontrolled increase in debt created the downgrade in our stellar AAA credit rating.

And it is simply mind boggling that those incapable of seeing the evidence right before their eyes seem to be all gushing and thrilled and continue to be starstruck and actually believe our Fearless Leader who promoses spending $500 billion more will create shovel ready jobs, rebuild eroding infrastructure, and jump start the economy.

I cannot fathom that degree of gullability, but it apparently exists. For myself I am experiencing a slow seething burn that we have a government who thinks we are blooming idiots and is treating us as if we are.

Last edited:

they borrowed the money for it, from foreigners....they took nothing out of your pocket for it.....no one's taxes were raised to cover it, it was borrowed..... your kids and grand kids will pay for most of it, but not us....

nothing was taken from our pockets for it

That's not correct. The destruction of the value of the dollar takes money out of everyone's pocket. Cheapening the currency is an old trick when countries have debt problems.

The Federal government is misleading the public about inflation (it changed the methodology some years ago to minimize energy and food inflation). If inflation were calculated according to the old method, it would be well over 10% right now (actually it is, for anyone who manages a household or business budget).

Alternate Inflation Charts

Other "costs" being born by real people:

- Under and unemployment for millions due to lack of jobs. The Obama policies have suppressed growth and ruined the earnings prospects for a large portion of the population.

- The Debt burden will increase taxes for future generations. How Courageous - to spend the future of today's children and their kids.

1. Obamacare
  2. the stimulus
  3. New EPA regulations
  4. Car bailout
  5. Quantitative Easing
  6. Cash for Clunkers
  8. Green Jobs

I doubt anybody here has the time or patience to give you the basic of Economics 100 much less 101.

But ANYBODY with half a brain should have been able to hear the President PROMISE that if we pass a almost $800 stimulus bill that millions of jobs will be created, unemployment won't go higher than 8%, eroding infrastructure will be repaired, and the economy will be able to recover. And the same people should have then observed that almost NONE of those things occurred. In fact if you read the evidence that is presented almost daily, you realize that most of that money went to shore up government, pay off cronies, curry favor with certain constituencies, and almost NONE of it accomplished any of the promises made for it.

Business owners continue to sit on trillions of investment capital because of the uncertainty of future tax rates and regulation, most particularly as a result of Obamacare.
Gasoline prices remain high enough to have a devastating effect on transportation.
The national debt continues to soar and we are still facing trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see.
And NONE of the measures that have helped boost the economy in the past have been either embraced nor endorsed by this administration.

Anybody without blinders on can see that we were all royally had.

And anybody who hasn't drunk the kool-ade would take note of what business leaders themselves are saying about the uncertainty of the wishy washy promises and moving targets of taxes, fees, the consequences of Obamacare, and how all the spending and uncontrolled increase in debt created the downgrade in our stellar AAA credit rating.

And it is simply mind boggling that those incapable of seeing the evidence right before their eyes seem to be all gushing and thrilled and continue to be starstruck and actually believe our Fearless Leader who promoses spending $500 billion more will create shovel ready jobs, rebuild eroding infrastructure, and jump start the economy.

I cannot fathom that degree of gullability, but it apparently exists. For myself I am experiencing a slow seething burn that we have a government who thinks we are blooming idiots and is treating us as if we are.

Right On, FF!

That's not correct. The destruction of the value of the dollar takes money out of everyone's pocket. Cheapening the currency is an old trick when countries have debt problems.

The Federal government is misleading the public about inflation (it changed the methodology some years ago to minimize energy and food inflation). If inflation were calculated according to the old method, it would be well over 10% right now (actually it is, for anyone who manages a household or business budget).

- Under and unemployment for millions due to lack of jobs. The Obama policies have suppressed growth and ruined the earnings prospects for a large portion of the population.

- The Debt burden will increase taxes for future generations. How Courageous - to spend the future of today's children and their kids.
when did the col change?

and the 900 billion stimulus is not enough borrowed to hurt our standing....the 14 TRILLION accumulated is another story....

Perspective:

boedicca-albums-mo-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture3937-record.jpg

Roger

And these are what we got for all those $Trillions of Hopey Change.

Brilliant illustration of Keynesian economics to avert another Pub Great Depression

Thanks for fegging up the recovery, a-holes and silly dupes!! Now, FEG YOU!! tyvm.

when did the col change?

and the 900 billion stimulus is not enough borrowed to hurt our standing....the 14 TRILLION accumulated is another story....

The debt has increased by $5T...Obama and the Dem Congress (starting in 2007) have expanded government far beyond what would be warranted for inflation and population growth.

The CPI methodology was changed in 1980.

After former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker was appointed in 1979, the consumer price index surged into the double digits, causing the now revered Fed Chief to double the benchmark interest rate in order to break the back of inflation. Using the methodology in place at that time puts the CPI back near those levels.

Shoppers in crosswalk
Getty Images
Inflation, using the reporting methodologies in place before 1980, hit an annual rate of 9.6 percent in February, according to the Shadow Government Statistics newsletter.

Since 1980, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has changed the way it calculates the CPI in order to account for the substitution of products, improvements in quality (i.e. iPad 2 costing the same as original iPad) and other things. Backing out more methods implemented in 1990 by the BLS still puts inflation at a 5.5 percent rate and getting worse, according to the calculations by the newsletter’s web site, Shadowstats.com.

News Headlines

Dems= Party>Country, Family and Self-Interest

lol Reaganomics have destroyed families.

Wrong, idiot.

LBJ's Great Society programs destroyed families...and continue to do so.

Yeah that's what did it.

Jane:
-I'm leaving you Dick because your mother got medical care and i liked it better when she was sick.

- I'm leaving you Dick because I saw a black woman sitting in the front of the bus.

- I'm leaving you Dick because you got a educational grant from the government and will soon be making more money.

And then there's the sleight of hand that the media misses but also shows that this Administration plays us for fools.

The original objection to Obamacare, even setting aside the frontal assault on our personal liberties, was that it was a massive new tax on just about everybody who pays taxes. "Oh no," they said. "No new taxes involved. Just fees and some penalties to those who do not comply."

But to keep the campaign money rolling in they immediately started granting waivers to companies who didn't want to comply. About 111 of those the last I looked including such big corporations as McDonald's, Darden Restaurants (owners of the Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurant chains), Aetna, the United Federation of Teachers Welfare Fund in New York, and Dish Network.

And, once the bill was passed, and state after state started filing lawsuits to be exempted, the Administration now calls those 'fees and penalties' taxes. Why? Because it is far more easy to fight lawsuits against the federal government on tax matters than it is to protest fees and penalties.

They think we are idiots. And that they can do anything to anybody.

lol Reaganomics have destroyed families.

Wrong, idiot.

LBJ's Great Society programs destroyed families...and continue to do so.

Yeah that's what did it.

Jane:
-I'm leaving you Dick because your mother got medical care and i liked it better when she was sick.

- I'm leaving you Dick because I saw a black woman sitting in the front of the bus.

- I'm leaving you Dick because you got a educational grant from the government and will soon be making more money.

I see that you are yet another historical and economic illiterate.

The legacy of LBJ is one of paying young women to have babies out of wedlock. This government sponsored disregard of the role of fathers has sentenced multiple generations to lives of substandard education, susceptibility to drug addiction and the gang life, and hopelessness regarding having any kind of decent living and place in society.

It's a great example of the lack of regard Progressivism has for the individual to lead a self-sufficient life.

They think we are idiots. And that they can do anything to anybody.

Well, the true believers in Obama really are idiots, so they are partially correct.

But ANYBODY with half a brain should have been able to hear the President PROMISE that if we pass a almost $800 stimulus bill that millions of jobs will be created, unemployment won't go higher than 8%
I will give you $1,000,000 if you produce a video of Obama promising this so we can all hear it.
Again, you are just listing problems without showing how Obama caused them or made them worse. For example, how did Obama cause gas prices to remain high? And your assertion about why businesses are sitting on cash doesn't mesh with reality. Every poll I see on the subject, business owners are sitting on cash because of a lack of consumer spending. Demand is low and that's why they aren't expanding.
uncontrolled increase in debt created the downgrade in our stellar AAA credit rating.
False. 100% false. Standard and Poor's came out and said it was NOT due to our increase in debt. It was due to the inability of Washington to address the debt, and that inability is due to the all or nothing Tea Party members.

But ANYBODY with half a brain should have been able to hear the President PROMISE that if we pass a almost $800 stimulus bill that millions of jobs will be created, unemployment won't go higher than 8%
I will give you $1,000,000 if you produce a video of Obama promising this so we can all hear it.
Again, you are just listing problems without showing how Obama caused them or made them worse. For example, how did Obama cause gas prices to remain high? And your assertion about why businesses are sitting on cash doesn't mesh with reality. Every poll I see on the subject, business owners are sitting on cash because of a lack of consumer spending. Demand is low and that's why they aren't expanding.
uncontrolled increase in debt created the downgrade in our stellar AAA credit rating.
False. 100% false. Standard and Poor's came out and said it was NOT due to our increase in debt. It was due to the inability of Washington to address the debt, and that inability is due to the all or nothing Tea Party members.

"The $787 billion stimulus plan is turning out to be far less stimulating than its architects expected."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1910208,00.html#ixzz1XaWVOBzT

Forum List

Back