Record Number Of Americans Renounced Citizenship In 2014

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
A record-setting number of Americans renounced their citizenship in 2014, up from 2,999 in 2013 to 3,415, Treasury Department statistics showed.

U.S. mass exodus Record number of Americans renounced citizenship in 2014 - Washington Times

The U.S. "worldwide" system of taxation is to blame. Our income tax laws are ridiculously complex and over-reaching. FATCA is draconian and the penalties are simply asinine. Congress can fix the problems, but they only tend to make them worse.

A record-setting number of Americans renounced their citizenship in 2014, up from 2,999 in 2013 to 3,415, Treasury Department statistics showed.

U.S. mass exodus Record number of Americans renounced citizenship in 2014 - Washington Times

The U.S. "worldwide" system of taxation is to blame. Our income tax laws are ridiculously complex and over-reaching. FATCA is draconian and the penalties are simply asinine. Congress can fix the problems, but they only tend to make them worse.
Taxes are a "leverage" used by the government to enslave the citizens. Our tax system and tax codes are ridiculous.

Does that count Americans that renounced citizenship to another country, as with Ted Cruz?

3,415 (an increase of 416) out of a population of 318,900,000 and they call it a "mass exodus"? Kind of says something about the Washington Times. That's like a politician who got 0.001% of the votes claiming to have a mandate from the people.

3,415 (an increase of 416) out of a population of 318,900,000 and they call it a "mass exodus"? Kind of says something about the Washington Times. That's like a politician who got 0.001% of the votes claiming to have a mandate from the people.
Agreed, but I suspect more Americans will renounce their citizenship in the years to come. Particularly since many retiring baby boomers will find they have few assets to support themselves in retirement.

However it does appear that our big intrusive government seems concerned about this trend. This article spells out how Uncle Sam is doing much to tax Americans living outside the US and prevent them from ever returning should they renounce citizenship.
A Perfect Conspiracy 8211 LewRockwell.com

Taxes are a "leverage" used by the government to enslave the citizens. Our tax system and tax codes are ridiculous.

Yep. They're designed to keep you working your entire life to pay the monster.

Can't say I blame them. When so many people can be DUPED into putting in someone like Barrak Hussein Obama in as President and what he's turned this government into. I've thought of it myself

Agreed, but I suspect more Americans will renounce their citizenship in the years to come. Particularly since many retiring baby boomers will find they have few assets to support themselves in retirement.

However it does appear that our big intrusive government seems concerned about this trend. This article spells out how Uncle Sam is doing much to tax Americans living outside the US and prevent them from ever returning should they renounce citizenship.

There are ex-pat communities all over the world. I know several of them myself and I can tell you they did not move because they lacked funds - quite the opposite. You don't buy a villa on the coast of Portugal or a condo on an island off Belize because you are broke. It doesn't take a lot of money, but it does take money.

As to preventing people from returning once they have renounced their citizenship, why should they get any different treatment than any other non-citizen?

What is happening is not a mass exodus and it is nothing new. Even the fact that the WT is playing it up as if it were is nothing new.

There are ex-pat communities all over the world. I know several of them myself and I can tell you they did not move because they lacked funds - quite the opposite. You don't buy a villa on the coast of Portugal or a condo on an island off Belize because you are broke. It doesn't take a lot of money, but it does take money.

As to preventing people from returning once they have renounced their citizenship, why should they get any different treatment than any other non-citizen?

What is happening is not a mass exodus and it is nothing new. Even the fact that the WT is playing it up as if it were is nothing new.

It'd be nice to be treated as well as obama treats illegals.

Can't say I blame them. When so many people can be DUPED into putting in someone like Barrak Hussein Obama in as President and what he's turned this government into. I've thought of it myself

Yeah..my retirement plans have always been a ranch in the boonies.
But if things continue as they are I'll be getting out.
I have no desire to live in a progressive wasteland.

I hear you. As it looks that's what the citizens today wants. I've watched it go down the gutter for the last 45 years. when you have 47% of people on some form of (taxpayer) assistance and feels no shame by it. well you get the picture

I hear you. As it looks that's what the citizens today wants. I've watched it go down the gutter for the last 45 years. when you have 47% of people on some form of (taxpayer) assistance and feels no shame by it. well you get the picture

Of course we'll be called "unAmerican" for refusing to hand out our money to the huddled masses.
I say fuck em,it's not my fault they want the American dream of of my back.

Of course we'll be called "unAmerican" for refusing to hand out our money to the huddled masses.

yep, screw them. I've giving all I care to give to the ungrateful pukes. I only have two more years until retirement. then they are on their own. they can eat each other for all I care

yep, screw them. I've giving all I care to give to the ungrateful pukes. I only have two more years until retirement. then they are on their own. they can eat each other for all I care

Then, by all means, leave.

Then, by all means, leave.

I might. wont be your concern. I've paid into this country for 45 years so thank you very fucking much for caring

who want to stay for this kind of crap from an elected ass IN YOUR government. VIDEO at the site

SNIP:
People Get Government Jobs 'to Feed Their Souls'
News
Larry O'Connor

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) believes government bureaucrats have answered a higher calling than people who work in the private sector.

Speaking to the Legislative Conference of the National Treasury Employees Union on February 4th Cummings said, “so many people come to government knowing that they are not going to make the kind of money they would make in the private sector but they come to government to feed their souls.”

CNS News caught the comments on video and has more details on the event:

“People do not seem to understand that so many people come to government knowing that they are not going to make the kind of money that they would make in the private sector but they come to government to feed their souls,” Cummings told the audience.

The Maryland Democrat also told union members that getting federal workers a raise higher than the one proposed in President Obama’s budget is among his priorities.

“So what are my priorities? What’s my reason for being here?” Cummings said. “My ardent priority is to do whatever I can to help federal workers obtain fair compensation and meaningful pay raises.”

“President Obama’s budget for the next year recommends a 1.3% pay raise for federal employees I believe this is to low. I love the president but I believe this is far too low, far too low.”

all of it here:
People Get Government Jobs to Feed Their Souls Truth Revolt

New Topics

Forum List

Back