Record 33% Of Young Americans Living With Parents.

Joe there are hundreds and hundreds of taxes. They add up and take up a percentage of everything we do and purchase and survive off of. The real privileged are in jobs above the norm with benefits and pensions. The government gets involved to raise minimum wages ay times but the endless amount of taxes many no one sees takes a good cut out of their living standards.

Does your doctor know you are off your meds again?

Social security and medicare are 2 of the greatest things this nation has ever created. Think of the millions upon millions of people who worked so unimaginably hard. Without those two programs most people cannot retire.

Who has a stronger Middle Class than US? Regarding taxes how come the Middle Class had more of its paychecks deducted for taxes under Obama compared to Trump?

how about cutting spending? $10M for gender studies in Pakistan and $25M for new curtains at the Kennedy Center is really helping the Middle Class feel good about paying more in taxes.

Hey, dummy, learn to use the quote feature properly.

You guys pick out what, $35MM in a 4 Trillion budget? That's like saying you didn't buy a candy bar, so you've solved your economic problems.

our biggest line items on the national budget are.

Social Security - 1.1 TRILLION
Medicare - 800 Billion
Defense - 700 Billion
Medicaid 400 Billion.

That 3 Trillion of the four trillion we spend every year. Not even counting things we should be spending on, like Roads, infrastructure, education, research, development.

Here's how you get to spending cuts. Pass a balanced budget amendment, stop pretending Medicare and Social Security are separate budgets. Require 500 Billion be set aside for Debt Reduction every year. (It would STILL take us 52 years to retire the debt.)

As long as we keep borrowing, we'll keep spending.

You lay out a pretty intelligent plan for debt reduction despite your petty obsession with the use of the quote tool. At the same time, my illustration of the gender studies in Pakistan and Kennedy Center curtains were Samples of egregious wasteful spending that must be scaled back. Democrats and liberals don’t like Spending cuts that impact funding for studying the sexual tendencies of jellyfish in Japan.

You lay out a pretty intelligent plan for debt reduction despite your petty obsession with the use of the quote tool. At the same time, my illustration of the gender studies in Pakistan and Kennedy Center curtains were Samples of egregious wasteful spending that must be scaled back. Democrats and liberals don’t like Spending cuts that impact funding for studying the sexual tendencies of jellyfish in Japan.

Yeah, um, do you have a link to this supposed study about Japanese Jellyfish?

Actually, it is kind of a concern, because Jellyfish Blooms in the oceans are a serious environmental problem.

YOu know. Science. Something that you study when you don't believe in a book about Talking Snakes.

As for the Kennedy Curtains, they got bailout money because they had lost huge amounts of revenue during TRUMP PLAGUE. Lots of hard hit businesses got bailouts to make up for lost revenues.

Final point- Gender studies in Pakistan. Uh, yeah. Understanding that part of the world and guiding it into modernity is kind of a good idea. If the Islamic Fundies made our lives miserable running Afghanistan, imagine what would happen if they took over Pakistan and its nukes?

Yeah, um, do you have a link to this supposed study about Japanese Jellyfish?

Actually, it is kind of a concern, because Jellyfish Blooms in the oceans are a serious environmental problem.

YOu know. Science. Something that you study when you don't believe in a book about Talking Snakes.

As for the Kennedy Curtains, they got bailout money because they had lost huge amounts of revenue during TRUMP PLAGUE. Lots of hard hit businesses got bailouts to make up for lost revenues.

Final point- Gender studies in Pakistan. Uh, yeah. Understanding that part of the world and guiding it into modernity is kind of a good idea. If the Islamic Fundies made our lives miserable running Afghanistan, imagine what would happen if they took over Pakistan and its nukes?

Every line item from Social Security to the gender studies of Pakistan to the sexual tendencies of jellyfish has a “justification” but also speaks to the problem that Democrats and Liberals refuse to see. Not all government funded programs are equal and while every program has a “justification”, it does not negate that many are wasteful and/or low-priority; non essential.

Ultimately, your argument is not with me but with the Middle Class earner. Go tell them their taxes are going up because the Kennedy Center needs new curtains. Your TDS won’t help your case.

My generation would be embarrassed as hell living at home.

You got that right. Additionally there were our moms warning us children 60 years ago that we shouldn't look to her, we'd be responsible for raising our own kids. At least that's the way it was in our house.
I've seen a lot of Republicans say they'd never take foodstamps or unemployment checks but then something goes wrong and they find themselves embarrassingly living in moms basement and justifying why it's different with them.

I thank God for my parents. I had some rough times during the Bush years. That was a horrible decade. My brother was on the rise to becoming VP of a fortune 500 and I can't seem to keep a job for very long. It was a rough decade to be a salesperson in manufacturing. Jobs were fleeing the country for Mexico and China.
Tell you what. Give me all my money I handed into welfare and social security and I won’t complain.
No because you are a member of this society. This society has agreed we would have social safety nets. That means we all pay for them.

80% of us will never need them dumb ass. But as soon as you needed the help you'd go and you'd say, "I paid into this shit...." You would justify.

No need to justify it to the rest of us. We understand. You didn't until it happened to you.

Every line item from Social Security to the gender studies of Pakistan to the sexual tendencies of jellyfish has a “justification” but also speaks to the problem that Democrats and Liberals refuse to see. Not all government funded programs are equal and while every program has a “justification”, it does not negate that many are wasteful and/or low-priority; non essential.

Ultimately, your argument is not with me but with the Middle Class earner. Go tell them their taxes are going up because the Kennedy Center needs new curtains. Your TDS won’t help your case.

I'm fine with paying an extra penny to give the KC new curtains.

I'm less fine with paying extra for corporate welfare.

What you also forget is that these are often JOB CREATORS. How many jobs were created by getting those new curtains? And in turn, when the people who made those curtains spent money, how many more jobs did that create?

I'm fine with paying an extra penny to give the KC new curtains.

I'm less fine with paying extra for corporate welfare.

What you also forget is that these are often JOB CREATORS. How many jobs were created by getting those new curtains? And in turn, when the people who made those curtains spent money, how many more jobs did that create?

Good luck selling the Middle Class on that one. Contextually, how much should we be spending on such an item and when and under what terms should we be spending on such an item? You have convinced yourself that this is a high priority and has high economic benefit to US yet I doubt you would get traction with the Middle Class to share your view.

Good luck selling the Middle Class on that one. Contextually, how much should we be spending on such an item and when and under what terms should we be spending on such an item? You have convinced yourself that this is a high priority and has high economic benefit to US yet I doubt you would get traction with the Middle Class to share your view.

Okay, here's the thing. You guys have been harping on this for years.... and yet you still need to cheat to win elections. You haven't won the popular vote since 1988.

Americans want government to do stuff, they just don't want to pay for it. If you really, really want to shrink the size of government, then pass a balance budget amendment and get Americans to pay for all the government they are getting.

Okay, here's the thing. You guys have been harping on this for years.... and yet you still need to cheat to win elections. You haven't won the popular vote since 1988.

Americans want government to do stuff, they just don't want to pay for it. If you really, really want to shrink the size of government, then pass a balance budget amendment and get Americans to pay for all the government they are getting.

How many Americans are wanting gender studies in Pakistan?

Fruits of the participation trophy and tide pod eating generation. Good job parents!

A. My generation would be embarrassed as hell living at home.
B. The parents let them stay.

Okay, here's the thing. If by "your generation" you mean baby boomers, the thing about baby boomers is that they could get good jobs and move out when they hit adulthood.

Not so much now. 40 years of Right Wing dismantling of the middle class has had an effect.
$100 cellphone
$100 car insurance
$350 healthcare insurance because Walmart doesn’t provide healthcare to workers
$1000 rent
$300 car payment
$400 food and clothing

How can a young person afford to move out?

My only problem is if the kids not working and saving or going to school.
you think a single person pays 400 a month for food and clothing?

Shit when i was single I paid less than 50 a week on groceries and never came close to spending hundreds of dollars a month on clothes.

and there's this really old concept of having a person or persons share an apartment so as to share the expenses of rent and utilities. Maybe you've heard of it?

Bullshit taxpayer-funded payoffs to regimes is not going to prevent that. Guaranteed failure.

Uh, except we've been paying off regimes over there since the Cold War... Frankly, trying to understand their culture is probably a good thing.

We have a bad habit of sending over expensive equipment to far away places without understanding the cultures of the people we fight at all... How's that been working out for us?

Bullshit taxpayer-funded payoffs to regimes is not going to prevent that. Guaranteed failure.

Uh, except we've been paying off regimes over there since the Cold War... Frankly, trying to understand their culture is probably a good thing.

We have a bad habit of sending over expensive equipment to far away places without understanding the cultures of the people we fight at all... How's that been working out for us?

What happened to dropping pallets of cash off to regimes you want to suck up to? $10M in Gender studies to a culture that has zero tolerance for GLBTQ is just an insult to the US taxpayer.

What happened to dropping pallets of cash off to regimes you want to suck up to? $10M in Gender studies to a culture that has zero tolerance for GLBTQ is just an insult to the US taxpayer.

You mean pallets of cash that were rightfully theirs? I mean, if you are going to display your ignorance of the Iran Accords, there's not much point talking to you.

Pakistan is a unique country. It's right next to India which is another nuclear power, it's an up and coming economy, very influential in the region, so yes, understanding their culture is kind of a big deal. Of course, it wasn't just about GLBTQ, it was also about gender inequality and the role of women in that society. Yes, they are not a country that has the kind of gender equality our has, but then again, they've elected a female head of state, something we haven't accomplished yet.

• Provided health, legal, and counseling services to approximately 61,000 female survivors of Gender Based Violence (GBV).
  • Awarded more than 6,600 higher education scholarships to young women in Pakistan.
  • Supported the Federal Ministry of Human Rights to train 196 public prosecutors on laws protecting women’s rights, gender issues, and legal protections for GBV survivors.
  • Trained and financed more than 50,000 women entrepreneurs.
  • Facilitated national identity card registration for approximately 1.5 million women to promote women’s voting rights.
  • Helped train almost 16,000 female political party representatives.
Sounds like a real bargain for $25MM. Certainly a lot more productive than buying a jet fighter that can't fly in the rain.

Forum List

Back