Record 33% Of Young Americans Living With Parents.

My generation has parents moving in with them because they don't want them to go to a nursing home and be abused by some minimum wage convict sadistic low IQ simian orderly on parole that hates their job.
I never want to move into a nursing home for that reason

My generation has parents moving in with them because they don't want them to go to a nursing home and be abused by some minimum wage convict sadistic low IQ simian orderly on parole that hates their job.
I am still with my mom because she was hit with a physical illness when I was just four years old. My dad and older sister eventually made it as clear as crystal glass that they only care about themselves.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly (almost age 39 now)

I never want to move into a nursing home for that reason
I don't blame you. I have a cousin who eventually had to put his mom in a nursing home after she was hit with Alzheimer's and he found her one day covered in her vomit because no one had bothered to get her cleaned up. I don't know how long she was left there like that for.

God bless you and my cousin always!!!

Holly

That is what we did..My wife has been staying at her moms the last seven years.
Maybe it's because you hate each other.

If you fuck the neighbor, your spouse may not approve.

1) 2020- Trump's failures on Covid and his unnecessary trade wars.
Failure? Even North Korea has the ChiCom Flu. Maybe Pelosi shouldn’t have told people to go to Chinatown without masks and hug people to show their not racists.

We have had half a million Covid Deaths, compared to most other countries that have had less than 100,000.

Trump failed on it miserably.
Bullshit. The reason that there's a vaccine available to the public is because of Trump's Operation Warp Speed. And the rest of governments of the world had to follow suit.

That's called world leadership.

Pfizer and other drug companies were working on a vaccine months before Warp Speed was the germ of an idea rattling around in Pence's noggin.
The only place your savior led this country..was right into a ditch. Thank all that's holy the bum is gone. :)

I am still with my mom because she was hit with a physical illness when I was just four years old. My dad and older sister eventually made it as clear as crystal glass that they only care about themselves.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly (almost age 39 now)
That's a great daughter!

There's a special place in heaven for angels like you.

Fruits of the participation trophy and tide pod eating generation. Good job parents!

A. My generation would be embarrassed as hell living at home.
B. The parents let them stay.

Okay, here's the thing. If by "your generation" you mean baby boomers, the thing about baby boomers is that they could get good jobs and move out when they hit adulthood.

Not so much now. 40 years of Right Wing dismantling of the middle class has had an effect.
$100 cellphone
$100 car insurance
$350 healthcare insurance because Walmart doesn’t provide healthcare to workers
$1000 rent
$300 car payment
$400 food and clothing

How can a young person afford to move out?

My only problem is if the kids not working and saving or going to school.

Don't work at WalMart after you get out of high school ... try someplace with actual desks and chairs.
Point is back when you were growing up the largest American employer was GM. Today it's Walmart. You cried those union guys made too much. Now you want to blame liberals because the middle class isn't what it once was? And this sending jobs overseas is another way the rich got richer at our expense. You get off the plantation.

Fruits of the participation trophy and tide pod eating generation. Good job parents!

Okay, here's the thing. If by "your generation" you mean baby boomers, the thing about baby boomers is that they could get good jobs and move out when they hit adulthood.

Not so much now. 40 years of Right Wing dismantling of the middle class has had an effect.
Hilarious. Tell me more about Obama and Clinton’s dismantling of the middle class.
I'm sorry....but you seem to have forgotten Reagan and both Bushes...... :auiqs.jpg:

With kids now having to pay as much for their medical care are someone that is on deaths door and rising cost of living and decreasing pay in jobs, how is this unexpected?
This thread exposes republicans. They don’t realize how much their policies have changed our society so today its harder for a young person than it was for the baby boomers.

The baby boomers screwed us. They gave themselves nice social security and Medicare, pensions, high paying blue collar jobs, affordable college, job security through unions........

But now baby boomers run our government and they say we can’t afford these things anymore. We need to give rich people more tax breaks
The GOP? The GOP has done nothing, literally.

Who shoved Obamacare down our throats? As I recall, not one person in the GOP?

Who raised the cost of colleges? There are no Republicans at universities.

Who is spending $2 trillion a day and ballooning inflation?

Corporate America is woke, not Republican.

Who is in power now? Who has been in power most of last century and this century? Not Republicans

What a retarded post.
Bullshit and here is why

This is what we were saying about this in 2007. Still true.

....But the rich fought back, and won big-time in 1980 when Reagan, until then the fringe "Voodoo economics" candidate who was heading into the election trailing far behind Jimmy Carter, was swept into the White House on a wave of public concern of the Iranians taking US hostages. Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they're still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund. Even with that, Reagan had to borrow more money in his 8 years than the sum total of all presidents from George Washington to Jimmy Carter combined.

In addition to badly throwing the nation into debt, Reagan's tax cut blew out the ceiling on the accumulation of wealth, leading to a new Gilded Age and the rise of a generation of super-wealthy that hadn't been seen since the Robber Baron era of the 1890s or the Roaring 20s.

And, most tragically, Reagan's tax cuts caused America to stop investing in infrastructure. As a nation, we've been coasting since the early 1980s, living on borrowed money while we burn through (in some cases literally) the hospitals, roads, bridges, steam tunnels, and other infrastructure we built in the Golden Age of the Middle Class between the 1940s and the 1980s.

We even stopped investing in the intellectual infrastructure of this nation: college education. A degree that a student in the 1970s could have paid for by working as a waitress at a Howard Johnson's restaurant (what my wife did in the late 60s - I did so working as a near-minimum-wage DJ) now means incurring massive and life-altering debt for all but the very wealthy. Reagan, who as governor ended free tuition at the University of California, put into place the foundations for the explosion in college tuition we see today.

The Associated Press reported on August 4, 2007, that the president of Nike, Mark Parker, "raked in $3.6 million [in compensation] in '07." That's $13,846 per weekday, $69,230 a week. And yet it would still keep him just below the top 70% tax rate if this were the pre-Reagan era. We had a social consensus that somebody earning around $3 million a year was fine, but above that was really more than anybody needs to live in America.

In the worldview Americans held in the 1930-1980 era, Parker's compensation was reasonable. But William McGuire (aka in the business press as "Dollar Bill") taking over $1.6 billion - $1,600,000,000.00 - from the nation's second largest health insurance company (you wonder where your health care dollars are going?) would have been considered excessive before the "Reagan Revolution."

There is much discussion of what the floor on earnings should be - the minimum wage - but none about the ceiling. That's largely because effectively there is no ceiling, and those who control vast wealth in America are happy to have Americans fight over "How poor is too poor?" just so long as nobody asks "How rich is too rich?"

When Reagan dropped the top income tax rate from over 70% down to under 30%, all hell broke loose. With the legal and social restraint to unlimited selfishness removed, "the good of the nation" was replaced by "greed is good" as the primary paradigm.

In the years since then, mind-boggling wealth has risen among fewer than 20,000 people in America (the top 0.01 percent of wage-earners), but their influence has been tremendous. They finance "conservative" think tanks (think Joseph Coors and the Heritage Foundation), change public opinion (Walton heirs funding a covert effort to change the "estate tax" to the "death tax"), lobby congress and the president (who calls the "haves and the have-more's" his "base"), and work to strip down public institutions.

The middle class is being replaced by the working poor. American infrastructure built with tax revenues during the 1934-1981 is now crumbling and disintegrating. Hospitals and highways and power and water systems have been corporatized. People are dying.

And Bush, following closely in Reagan's footsteps, is making things worse. As Senator Bernie Sanders pointed out at recent hearings for the confirmation of Bush's new nominee for the Office of Management and Budget:

Since Bush has been president:

• over 5 million people have slipped into poverty;
  • nearly 7 million Americans have lost their health insurance;
  • median household income has gone down by nearly $1,300;
  • three million manufacturing jobs have been lost;
  • three million American workers have lost their pensions;
  • home foreclosures are now the highest on record;
  • the personal savings rate is below zero - which hasn't happened since the great depression;
  • the real earnings of college graduates have gone down by about 5% in the last few years;
  • entry level wages for male and female high school graduates have fallen by over 3%;
  • wages and salaries are now at the lowest share of GDP since 1929.
The debate about whether or not to roll Bush's tax cuts back to Clinton's modest mid-30% rates is absurd. It's time to roll back the horribly failed experiment of the Reagantax cuts. And use that money to pay down Reagan's debt and rebuild this nation.

The baby boomers screwed us.

Yes, they raised you, paid for your clothes, your food, your toys, your cars, your weed, your college, and probably bailed you out of jail a few times ... you poor baby.
My parents were poor and gave us everything we needed. I would have liked more back to school clothes and a motorcycle like all my friends had but other than that we had everything a young kid needs.

I paid for 90% of my college.

They bailed me out a few times. Once from jail and other times from losing a job.

My parents never voted Republican. They aren't the boomers I'm talking about, boomer.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're a Boomer and your generation ruined the fucking country, so you have nobody but yourself to blame for all of these people living at home.

Second, I'm not sure why that's such a bad thing or embarrassment anyway. There are a lot of cultures where this is common, such as Italy, for example, where you'll have multiple generations living under one roof.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're a Boomer and your generation ruined the fucking country, so you have nobody but yourself to blame for all of these people living at home.

Second, I'm not sure why that's such a bad thing or embarrassment anyway. There are a lot of cultures where this is common, such as Italy, for example, where you'll have multiple generations living under one roof.
Wow lots of excuse making in one post there

With kids now having to pay as much for their medical care are someone that is on deaths door and rising cost of living and decreasing pay in jobs, how is this unexpected?
This thread exposes republicans. They don’t realize how much their policies have changed our society so today its harder for a young person than it was for the baby boomers.

The baby boomers screwed us. They gave themselves nice social security and Medicare, pensions, high paying blue collar jobs, affordable college, job security through unions........

But now baby boomers run our government and they say we can’t afford these things anymore. We need to give rich people more tax breaks

Who is in power now? Who has been in power most of last century and this century? Not Republicans

What a retarded post.
Bullshit and here is why

....But the rich fought back, and won big-time in 1980 when Reagan, until then the fringe "Voodoo economics" candidate who was heading into the election trailing far behind Jimmy Carter, was swept into the White House on a wave of public concern of the Iranians taking US hostages. Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they're still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund. Even with that, Reagan had to borrow more money in his 8 years than the sum total of all presidents from George Washington to Jimmy Carter combined.

In addition to badly throwing the nation into debt, Reagan's tax cut blew out the ceiling on the accumulation of wealth, leading to a new Gilded Age and the rise of a generation of super-wealthy that hadn't been seen since the Robber Baron era of the 1890s or the Roaring 20s.

And, most tragically, Reagan's tax cuts caused America to stop investing in infrastructure. As a nation, we've been coasting since the early 1980s, living on borrowed money while we burn through (in some cases literally) the hospitals, roads, bridges, steam tunnels, and other infrastructure we built in the Golden Age of the Middle Class between the 1940s and the 1980s.

We even stopped investing in the intellectual infrastructure of this nation: college education. A degree that a student in the 1970s could have paid for by working as a waitress at a Howard Johnson's restaurant (what my wife did in the late 60s - I did so working as a near-minimum-wage DJ) now means incurring massive and life-altering debt for all but the very wealthy. Reagan, who as governor ended free tuition at the University of California, put into place the foundations for the explosion in college tuition we see today.

The Associated Press reported on August 4, 2007, that the president of Nike, Mark Parker, "raked in $3.6 million [in compensation] in '07." That's $13,846 per weekday, $69,230 a week. And yet it would still keep him just below the top 70% tax rate if this were the pre-Reagan era. We had a social consensus that somebody earning around $3 million a year was fine, but above that was really more than anybody needs to live in America.

In the worldview Americans held in the 1930-1980 era, Parker's compensation was reasonable. But William McGuire (aka in the business press as "Dollar Bill") taking over $1.6 billion - $1,600,000,000.00 - from the nation's second largest health insurance company (you wonder where your health care dollars are going?) would have been considered excessive before the "Reagan Revolution."

There is much discussion of what the floor on earnings should be - the minimum wage - but none about the ceiling. That's largely because effectively there is no ceiling, and those who control vast wealth in America are happy to have Americans fight over "How poor is too poor?" just so long as nobody asks "How rich is too rich?"

When Reagan dropped the top income tax rate from over 70% down to under 30%, all hell broke loose. With the legal and social restraint to unlimited selfishness removed, "the good of the nation" was replaced by "greed is good" as the primary paradigm.

In the years since then, mind-boggling wealth has risen among fewer than 20,000 people in America (the top 0.01 percent of wage-earners), but their influence has been tremendous. They finance "conservative" think tanks (think Joseph Coors and the Heritage Foundation), change public opinion (Walton heirs funding a covert effort to change the "estate tax" to the "death tax"), lobby congress and the president (who calls the "haves and the have-more's" his "base"), and work to strip down public institutions.

The middle class is being replaced by the working poor. American infrastructure built with tax revenues during the 1934-1981 is now crumbling and disintegrating. Hospitals and highways and power and water systems have been corporatized. People are dying.

And Bush, following closely in Reagan's footsteps, is making things worse. As Senator Bernie Sanders pointed out at recent hearings for the confirmation of Bush's new nominee for the Office of Management and Budget:

• the personal savings rate is below zero - which hasn't happened since the great depression;
  • the real earnings of college graduates have gone down by about 5% in the last few years;
  • entry level wages for male and female high school graduates have fallen by over 3%;
The debate about whether or not to roll Bush's tax cuts back to Clinton's modest mid-30% rates is absurd. It's time to roll back the horribly failed experiment of the Reagantax cuts. And use that money to pay down Reagan's debt and rebuild this nation.
If the pre Reagan era taxes were the same, the lower classes would be impoverished at a much higher percentage. Many more tax brackets with no inflation clause for pay raises and inflation. Those tax cuts were needed because of the massive ramp up of social programs in the 1970's. State, local and city taxes rose big time also in that era. There was some struggling going on in an era of malaise, stagflation extreme high interest rates that went double digit and white males affected by diversity and quotas that affectively dwindled their chance for employment in half decent jobs to nil unless college graduated in the right fields.

What a retarded post.
Bullshit and here is why

If the pre Reagan era taxes were the same, the lower classes would be impoverished at a much higher percentage. Many more tax brackets with no inflation clause for pay raises and inflation. Those tax cuts were needed because of the massive ramp up of social programs in the 1970's. State, local and city taxes rose big time also in that era. There was some struggling going on in an era of malaise, stagflation extreme high interest rates that went double digit and white males affected by diversity and quotas that affectively dwindled their chance for employment in half decent jobs to nil unless college graduated in the right fields.
Even more reason to make the Big Business folks to pay more and to cut middle class and working class taxes.

So let's look at the last five recessions and what caused them.

1) 2020- Trump's failures on Covid and his unnecessary trade wars.

You know NOTHING about Covid. NOTHING. Masks are worthless. Scholars have stated as much and tests have proven it. Covid deaths are greatly overstated but even then are largely people with an average of 2.6 major illnesses compromising their health. Covid Panic is Overblown

2) 2008 - Bush's failure to police the banking industry.

MAJOR LIE. Bush tried to police it but was blocked by Maxine Waters and her Leftist cronies.
The homosexual, speech impaired senator from Massachusetts retired after the debacle he promoted and supported. Stop lying.

2001 - Bush's failure to prevent 9/11 and his reckless tax policy.

And President Bush could have prevented it.. HOW, exactly, genius?
His tax policy could not be remotely as reckless as socialist Leftists taxing America into greater misery.
4) 1990 - Bush Sr.'s failure to police the banking industry

Bush Sr tried to appease Democrats by raising taxes after promising NOT to raise taxes. "Read my lips - no more taxes." He was turned out by Republicans after breaking his solemn promise - something Democrats NEVER do to their own cronies when their cronies break promise after promise after promise.
5) 1981- Reagan's attempts to control inflation by squeezing the money supply and costing jobs.

Never give anyone you hate credit for anything. Just attack and lie.
1. Reagan ended the Cold War.
2. "Mr Gorbachev, tear down this (Berlin) Wall." And it was so.
It's just that lying Leftists never give credit to those of us they/you hate and loathe.
When the economy boomed under Reagan, Lying Leftists said "The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer." That was a despicable lie but Democrats always buy lies.
When the economy boomed under Clinton, Democrats cooed "The economy's in good shape."
Spot a Biden supporter.jpg

The right wing has been dismantling the Middle Class? How so? Consider that it has been Democrats over the last 50 years who have turned to models and ideas of thought leaders and other nations that are decidedly Socialist. In Socialism, there can be no middle class. Here in the US, we see Democrats seemingly go after “the wealthy” for more taxes but invariably, the Middle Class keeps less of its paycheck under Democrats. Also, look how Democrats treat Small Business. Small Business is a Middle Class Dream? What have Democrats done besides treat Small Businesses the same as Big Corporations or as wealthy individuals that need to “pay their fair share?” As for Middle Class jobs, you can’t stick Businesses with high taxes, increased regulations, arbitrary wage and benefits mandates, and unlimited liability and expect them not to take those jobs elsewhere outside of US to evade those job killers.

Forum List

Back