Record 33% Of Young Americans Living With Parents.

Fruits of the participation trophy and tide pod eating generation. Good job parents!

A. My generation would be embarrassed as hell living at home.
B. The parents let them stay.

Okay, here's the thing. If by "your generation" you mean baby boomers, the thing about baby boomers is that they could get good jobs and move out when they hit adulthood.

Not so much now. 40 years of Right Wing dismantling of the middle class has had an effect.
$100 cellphone
$100 car insurance
$350 healthcare insurance because Walmart doesn’t provide healthcare to workers
$1000 rent
$300 car payment
$400 food and clothing

How can a young person afford to move out?

My only problem is if the kids not working and saving or going to school.

Don't work at WalMart after you get out of high school ... try someplace with actual desks and chairs.

Fruits of the participation trophy and tide pod eating generation. Good job parents!

With kids now having to pay as much for their medical care are someone that is on deaths door and rising cost of living and decreasing pay in jobs, how is this unexpected?
This thread exposes republicans. They don’t realize how much their policies have changed our society so today its harder for a young person than it was for the baby boomers.

The baby boomers screwed us. They gave themselves nice social security and Medicare, pensions, high paying blue collar jobs, affordable college, job security through unions........

But now baby boomers run our government and they say we can’t afford these things anymore. We need to give rich people more tax breaks

There are no jobs for teenagers any more. I could find all kinds of ways to make a buck as a kid, and could get 'real' jobs at 14, and two part time jobs at 16 while still in high school, and within walking distance of my parents' house. I see both teens and adults now walking to work over to the shopping and fast food strips, some 4 miles from my residential town. Our main streets are dead, mostly boarded up, lots of empty spaces in the strip malls. This was happening before COVID. Stores were getting closed long before that; Mitt Romney's firm made billions from bankrupting sound companies, and was just one company involved in the 'private equity' scams; there were almost 400 hundred doing the same kind of 'business' at one time.

Okay, here's the thing. If by "your generation" you mean baby boomers, the thing about baby boomers is that they could get good jobs and move out when they hit adulthood.

Not so much now. 40 years of Right Wing dismantling of the middle class has had an effect.
$100 cellphone
$100 car insurance
$350 healthcare insurance because Walmart doesn’t provide healthcare to workers
$1000 rent
$300 car payment
$400 food and clothing

How can a young person afford to move out?

My only problem is if the kids not working and saving or going to school.

Don't work at WalMart after you get out of high school ... try someplace with actual desks and chairs.
Problem is they likely don’t pay any better.

With kids now having to pay as much for their medical care are someone that is on deaths door and rising cost of living and decreasing pay in jobs, how is this unexpected?
This thread exposes republicans. They don’t realize how much their policies have changed our society so today its harder for a young person than it was for the baby boomers.

The baby boomers screwed us. They gave themselves nice social security and Medicare, pensions, high paying blue collar jobs, affordable college, job security through unions........

But now baby boomers run our government and they say we can’t afford these things anymore. We need to give rich people more tax breaks
The GOP? The GOP has done nothing, literally.

Who shoved Obamacare down our throats? As I recall, not one person in the GOP?

Who raised the cost of colleges? There are no Republicans at universities.

Who is spending $2 trillion a day and ballooning inflation?

Corporate America is woke, not Republican.

Who is in power now? Who has been in power most of last century and this century? Not Republicans

What a retarded post.

Some boomers did, a majority of them spent most of their adulthood trying to survive the inflation caused by the fake 'oil crisis' hoax and the global food shortage, the 'off-shoring' labor racketeering, topped off by the housing bubbles and junk bond scams, repeat, and rinse; many never could get above water, and now they're taking in their grand kids and great grand kids while Gen xyz devotes itself to meth and gaming and 'antifa' racism. Social Security feeds a lot more people than just old people.

Who is in power now? Who has been in power most of last century and this century? Not Republicans

What a retarded post.
I take that back, George Bush started a war in Iraq that also inflated away our wealth.

You know George, the war mongering Biden supporter.

It was nice to have a President with Trump in decades not start a war.

What a retarded post.
Well...as Reagan use to say, it’s a bipartisan effort that has screwed the nation. After all, both parties are controlled by their donors and their donors are the same people.

Policies? Like what?

And now the parents don't have to worry about living alone in old age and have someone to help them, unlike the nuclear family which must hire outside help to help an individual function in old age..

Because we went to school to learn actual skills and useful trades instead of Lesbian Basket Weaving and Inuit Literature.

Wow. this lie again. Why you always lying.

Top Five Majors
Business
Nursing
Psychology
Biology
Engineering.

They have a whole list... Lesbian Basket Weaving is nowhere to be found.

Because we went to job interviews in suit and tie without nose piercings and face tattoos.

Uh, as someone who writes resumes professionally, I can tell you straight up, I've never seen anyone with nose piercings or face tattoos...

Frankly, I've always wondered about this weird interview thing where they require you to wear a suit and tie, which you will never wear again in most jobs.

Because we went to work knowing we wouldn't get paid if we didn't contribute to the company bottom line.

Okay. Most kids understand that. The problem isn't that they don't work hard..The problem is that the Boomer Generation had the benefit of coming up when unions were still kind of a thing, and inflation hadn't devalued base wages to the point of meaninglessness.

I was able to work my way through college... but when I did, tuition was affordable and the minimum wage actually meant something. I could pay my state tuition only working 10 hours a week at minimum wage. You really can't do that now.

Because we never imagined the world 'owed' us anything because of our gender, our color, our lifestyle, our dietary choices, or our political affiliations.

Uh, to be perfectly honest, this is kind of a generational bias. Every generation thinks the younger generation are slackers... I know my dad was of the WWII generation, and they went through some real shit... and thought us Baby Boomers were a bunch of hippy slackers.

The reality- boomers are just as likely to face age discrimination as a young person is to get rejected because they feel "entitled".
And required to get your business major are 5 classes in underwater basket weaving, 12 classes of lesbian diversity and 7 classes on the 42 sexual groups.
Study what you like since you will be stuck doing it for forty damn years.

Try again. House creates the budget and laws.
But you get a participation trophy for trying.

Budgets and laws aren't what cause good or bad economies.

What causes them are how well the executive branch does its job... by anticipating potential problems.

So let's look at the last five recessions and what caused them.

1) 2020- Trump's failures on Covid and his unnecessary trade wars.
2) 2008 - Bush's failure to police the banking industry.
3) 2001 - Bush's failure to prevent 9/11 and his reckless tax policy.
4) 1990 - Bush Sr.'s failure to police the banking industry
5) 1981- Reagan's attempts to control inflation by squeezing the money supply and costing jobs.
1) 2020- Trump's failures on Covid and his unnecessary trade wars.
Failure? Even North Korea has the ChiCom Flu. Maybe Pelosi shouldn’t have told people to go to Chinatown without masks and hug people to show their not racists.

2) 2008 - Bush's failure to police the banking industry.
Houses job, shitforbrains

3) 2001 - Bush's failure to prevent 9/11 and his reckless tax policy.
Clinton had OBL and refused to pull the trigger.

4) 1990 - Bush Sr.'s failure to police the banking industry
Houses job again, shitforbrains.

5) 1981- Reagan's attempts to control inflation by squeezing the money supply and costing jobs.
Carter had 29% home loans and 18% unemployment you forgot to mention. Reagan was gaining a million jobs and ended the decades long threat of nuclear winter.
I enjoyed the govt. supplied space heater....

Hilarious. Simply hilarious.
So is that why you’ve maxed out your credit cards and mortgaged everything, budgets don’t have things to do with economic stability?

Wow, guy, you really suck at analogies.

Trump increased the national debt by 8 trillion in four years... He kind of owns a lot of that blame, by your logic.
It was really closer to $5Trn as COVID came but still bad. Did you criticize the prior administration for their spending spree as well? Nah, hypocrite princess watching JoeB.

Forum List

Back