....Recommendation on J6 readings: Lawfare......

^ Garbage.
Is there a George RR Martin version, he's like the current master of fantasy?
This was loosely planned. They look so foolish
I'll get on that right after I organize my sock drawer and watch some grass grow.
That's just plain dumb. There was no coup de'tat attempt.
--------------------------------------------------

Didja read either of the linked articles?

If you are not occasionally perusing Lawfare.com, well, I would recommend it. Lawfare

What it is---is a blog on legal issues in the news, or of interest to legal scholars.
(Wicki: Lawfare is an American blog dedicated to national security issues, published by the Lawfare Institute in cooperation with the Brookings Institution.[1][2] )

They occasionally have some coverage of aspects of the J6 tragedy.

Recently they offered us this suggested decision matrix for determining the effectiveness of the J6 Select Committee:

".....the committee’s hearings should—at least in our view—be adjudged a success from an evidentiary point of view to precisely the extent that they would convince a reasonable person that:

1. Trump attempted to convince Americans that significant levels of fraud had stolen the election from him despite knowing that he had, in fact, lost the 2020 election;
  2. Trump planned to remove and replace the attorney general and other Justice Department officials as part of an effort to pressure the department to spread his allegations of election fraud;
  3. Trump worked “to pressure Vice President Mike Pence to refuse to count electoral votes on January 6th”;
  4. Trump tried to convince state lawmakers and election officials to alter election results;
  5. Trump’s lawyers and other members of the president’s team directed Republicans in multiple states to produce fake electoral slates and send those slates to Congress and the National Archives;
  6. Trump assembled a destructive group of rioters in Washington and sent them to the U.S. Capitol; and
  7. Trump ignored requests to speak out against the violence in real time and failed to act quickly to stop the attack and tell his supporters to depart the Capitol.

----------------------------------------------------------
Too bad we all saw trump's video telling everyone to go home and not do anything. Too bad you liars ignore that.

Too bad we all saw trump's video telling everyone to go home and not do anything. Too bad you liars ignore that.

He did tell them to go home and not do anything. But there were subliminal messages being secretly fed into the PA system and mixed in with his voice. Evidently someone in Biden's campaign found Dick Cheney's Halliburton Weather Machine in the White House basement, They hired some 100 year old Nazi scientists to modify the Weather Machine to manipulate the minds of those Trump protesters, and it all went to hell after Trump spoke.

I will categorically deny knowing anything about this, mind you.

He did tell them to go home and not do anything. But there were subliminal messages being secretly fed into the PA system and mixed in with his voice. Evidently someone in Biden's campaign found Dick Cheney's Halliburton Weather Machine in the White House basement, They hired some 100 year old Nazi scientists to modify the Weather Machine to manipulate the minds of those Trump protesters, and it all went to hell after Trump spoke.

I will categorically deny knowing anything about this, mind you.
I saw the same thing.

Why would I read leftist propaganda?
Why would I read leftist liar bullcrap?
------------------------------------------------------------

OK posters, we understand. You don't want to read Lawfare.*
Got it.

But that does beg the question: What news sources would you recommend to the forum? Sources that offer a fair, insightful, credible reportage or analysis?

Clearly, both posters above 'JGalt' & 'miketx' seem informed and knowledgeable on todays' political zeitgeist. So, what do they read that perhaps the rest of us do not?

Be our sherpas here, posters. Whatcha got? What do you recommend?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*ps.........posters, if you do not want to read Lawfare then perhaps you would find listening to their analysis a little bit easier.
Try them here:
ps2.....but for those who are comfortable in reading, well, you can still peruse Lawfare at: Lawfare

Got it.

But that does beg the question: What news sources would you recommend to the forum? Sources that offer a fair, insightful, credible reportage or analysis?

Clearly, both posters above 'JGalt' & 'miketx' seem informed and knowledgeable on todays' political zeitgeist. So, what do they read that perhaps the rest of us do not?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*ps.........posters, if you do not want to read Lawfare then perhaps you would find listening to their analysis a little bit easier.
Try them here:
ps2.....but for those who are comfortable in reading, well, you can still peruse Lawfare at: Lawfare
I recommend that you stop lying and believing leftist bullcrap.

Got it.

Try them here:

Who needs a "news source"?" I always go to USMB when I want to know what's happening. Or when I need advice for my love life. Or for good financial advice.

I haven't had a date in awhile and I'm slowly going broke, but at least I stay current on political matters. Like that Dewey winning the presidency. That was some election there, wasn't it?

1657112948294.png

If you are not occasionally perusing Lawfare.com, well, I would recommend it. Lawfare

What it is---is a blog on legal issues in the news, or of interest to legal scholars.
(Wicki: Lawfare is an American blog dedicated to national security issues, published by the Lawfare Institute in cooperation with the Brookings Institution.[1][2] )

Recently they offered us this suggested decision matrix for determining the effectiveness of the J6 Select Committee:

".....the committee’s hearings should—at least in our view—be adjudged a success from an evidentiary point of view to precisely the extent that they would convince a reasonable person that:

1. Trump attempted to convince Americans that significant levels of fraud had stolen the election from him despite knowing that he had, in fact, lost the 2020 election;
  2. Trump planned to remove and replace the attorney general and other Justice Department officials as part of an effort to pressure the department to spread his allegations of election fraud;
  3. Trump worked “to pressure Vice President Mike Pence to refuse to count electoral votes on January 6th”;
  4. Trump tried to convince state lawmakers and election officials to alter election results;
  5. Trump’s lawyers and other members of the president’s team directed Republicans in multiple states to produce fake electoral slates and send those slates to Congress and the National Archives;
  6. Trump assembled a destructive group of rioters in Washington and sent them to the U.S. Capitol; and
  7. Trump ignored requests to speak out against the violence in real time and failed to act quickly to stop the attack and tell his supporters to depart the Capitol.

You're doing supplemental reading to go along with your reality show for idiots???

LOL!

For a coup to work, for an insurrection to work, the subordinates (the protesters) must be coordinated by a leader. They must be aware of his plan. If the protesters didn't know of his plan, then he couldn't have possibly staged either one successfully.

It was a colossal failure. And so is this idea that he tried to stage a coup or insurrection. Might I suggest you're the one being intentionally ignorant?
This was NOT a coup de'tat, this was an attempted SELF COUP/AUTO COUP. This requires no violence....but it did require the chaos of the rioters to put pressure on Pence to illegally reject the vote of the people, within states.....

A self-coup, also called autocoup (from the Spanish autogolpe), is a form of coup d'état in which a nation's leader, having come to power through legal means, tries to stay in power through illegal means.

Self-coup - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-coup

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-coup

Reichstag fire - Wikipedia

The Reichstag fire (German: Reichstagsbrand, listen (help·info)) was an arson attack on the Reichstag building, home of the German parliament in Berlin, on Monday 27 February 1933, precisely four weeks after Nazi leader Adolf Hitler was sworn in as Chancellor of Germany. Marinus van der Lubbe, a Dutch "council communist", was the apparent culprit; however, Hitler attributed the fire to Communist agitators.

Forum List

Back