- Jul 16, 2019
- Reaction score
Dems refused to run a free and fair election.If you are not occasionally perusing Lawfare.com, well, I would recommend it. Lawfare
What it is---is a blog on legal issues in the news, or of interest to legal scholars.
(Wicki: Lawfare is an American blog dedicated to national security issues, published by the Lawfare Institute in cooperation with the Brookings Institution. )
They occasionally have some coverage of aspects of the J6 tragedy.
Recently they offered us this suggested decision matrix for determining the effectiveness of the J6 Select Committee:
".....the committee’s hearings should—at least in our view—be adjudged a success from an evidentiary point of view to precisely the extent that they would convince a reasonable person that:
- Trump attempted to convince Americans that significant levels of fraud had stolen the election from him despite knowing that he had, in fact, lost the 2020 election;
- Trump planned to remove and replace the attorney general and other Justice Department officials as part of an effort to pressure the department to spread his allegations of election fraud;
- Trump worked “to pressure Vice President Mike Pence to refuse to count electoral votes on January 6th”;
- Trump tried to convince state lawmakers and election officials to alter election results;
- Trump’s lawyers and other members of the president’s team directed Republicans in multiple states to produce fake electoral slates and send those slates to Congress and the National Archives;
- Trump assembled a destructive group of rioters in Washington and sent them to the U.S. Capitol; and
- Trump ignored requests to speak out against the violence in real time and failed to act quickly to stop the attack and tell his supporters to depart the Capitol.