Recession Coming; Are You Prepared?

ThoughtCrimes

Old Navy Vet
Jun 25, 2012
Desert Southwest
For those of you with a portfolio overloaded with risk in the market, have you started to diversify yet to limit risk exposure to the markets taking a dump? How about you folks with just 401k's? Have you thought of making some changes?

How do you believe the coming budget legislation haggling will turn out? Yet another continuing resolution from an impotent Congress? Or perhaps another debt ceiling debacle with yet another credit downgrade for the US due to the factions within Congress unable to find common ground for the good of the People!

When will the Orange One's recession hit; before this Christmas, before next Easter or between Easter and Labor Day? Given he has taken credit for all the good things in the economy, he bloody well OWNS the economy now.

Your opinions...discuss!

I got caught in the Nasdq Bubble and nearly lost everything. I learned the hard way. Now I have no mortgage and pay utilities but not much more. I am invested in safe vehicles for the remainder of time!

The stock market has correctly predicted 10 of the last five recessions.

For those of you with a portfolio overloaded with risk in the market, have you started to diversify yet to limit risk exposure to the markets taking a dump? How about you folks with just 401k's? Have you thought of making some changes?

How do you believe the coming budget legislation haggling will turn out? Yet another continuing resolution from an impotent Congress? Or perhaps another debt ceiling debacle with yet another credit downgrade for the US due to the factions within Congress unable to find common ground for the good of the People!

When will the Orange One's recession hit; before this Christmas, before next Easter or between Easter and Labor Day? Given he has taken credit for all the good things in the economy, he bloody well OWNS the economy now.

Your opinions...discuss!

Perhaps you could explain why a recession will occur? Simply screaming it isn't it

Your opinions...discuss!

My FA is a genius. Even my diversifications are diversified! :laugh:

I got caught in the Nasdq Bubble and nearly lost everything. I learned the hard way. Now I have no mortgage and pay utilities but not much more. I am invested in safe vehicles for the remainder of time!
I was bitten bad back then myself. Worked at Intel and had accumulated an sizable number of steeply discounted shares along with bonus options. Took about a $135k bath with that drop that never came back all told when I sold it all off a year after I retired in 2004 because it's time had passed.

Your opinions...discuss!

Perhaps you could explain why a recession will occur? Simply screaming it isn't it
Perhaps you could explain why a recession will occur?
Or perhaps you could give your opinion of the state of the US and global economy and note any pluses or minuses prolonging or shorting the economic recovery and growth since the Great recession of 2007.

Your opinions...discuss!

OH NOOOOO, the sky is falling.

Your opinions...discuss!

You #1 Ichibon troll, shit for brains!

We moved everything into the "safe" category last year, it's coming and it could be worse than the Great Depression.
Banks are failing around the world, Deutsche is hanging by a thread. China has a Housing Bubble the size of, well China. We have a Sub-Prime auto bubble that will burst soon.

We moved everything into the "safe" category last year, it's coming and it could be worse than the Great Depression.
Banks are failing around the world, Deutsche is hanging by a thread. China has a Housing Bubble the size of, well China. We have a Sub-Prime auto bubble that will burst soon.
I concur to a certain extent.I don't know what the eventual trigger might be to start the ball rolling, but it's going to come from the EU, China or the US I believe. Or perhaps a the eventual clash between India and China beginning and the Strait of Malacca being slammed shut. Talk about falling dominoes if that happens!

Your opinions...discuss!
Well, I've been waiting for the Fed's massive bond bubble to pop for several years now.

I hope you are correct and the next downturn is just a recession and not a total implosion. I fear the worst.

Your opinions...discuss!

You #1 Ichibon troll, shit for brains!

What a surprise liberal :ahole-1:

Very simply put: We have a republican president and congressional majority. Check out history and you will find that has been the immediate predecessor to economic depression.

I'm a CFP.

Invest according to your time frame, goals and risk tolerance; don't worry about timing the market, the "experts" are usually wrong, think long term, keep contributing, have a beer.

Overthink this, and you're screwed.

You're welcome. No charge.

Last edited:

Your opinions...discuss!

Border Wall Funding Pulled From Schools, Defense Projects
To divert $3.6 billion to Trump’s border wall, military projects in 23 states, 19 countries and three U.S. territories would be stalled or killed.

Seems like everything Trump does is hurting the economy.

Your opinions...discuss!

Am I prepared? Let's see,

Spike wheels for Harley? Check.

Cool leather jackets with spikes? Check.

Bad ass sunglasses? Check.

So far so good.

Considering I am in the market for the long run atm (I won't need to pull anything for a decade at the very least), no. Timing the market is a futile exercise.

Yes we are prepared to lose up to 30%. There’s about 20 years between us so we have both retirement income and current salary. We have a very diverse portfolio for our goals because of that. I'm well prepared to dump my short term savings into the market once it drops then ride whatever growth happens after.

What I don’t do is watch the market daily or freak out.

New Topics

Forum List

Back