Realtors to stop using the term "Master Bedroom" ?

uh oh...…...............……..

1593793448076.png

You can't make this kind of crazy up.
I knew there would come a day that America fell, I just didn't realize it would fall on it's own sword.

View attachment 358548

The term "master" is officially canceled when it comes to describing bedrooms and bathrooms ... at least when you're searching for a home in Houston.

The Houston Association of Realtors is no longer using the word "master" to hype bedrooms and bathrooms on its Multiple Listing Service ... instead, the realtors are going with the word "primary."

The change in terminology, which happened quietly earlier this month, is already in place on HAR's property listing database ... and it came after several members demanded a review of the language, which some believe carries connotations to slavery.

According to HAR, the change has been raised and considered for several years ... and they are finally pulling the plug on "master." It's worth noting ... Houston has one of the nation's highest African-American populations.

Don't celebrate or scream into the void just yet ... HAR says the change is merely a suggestion, and does not constitute a ban of the term "master."

Other "masters" are already on the way out ... like the Court of Master Sommeliers, which says it will no longer use the word "master" before a wine sommelier's last name.

And, it begs the question, what's next on the chopping block?!?

There's The Masters golf tournament, Oprah's Master Class and Master's degrees to name a few.

Why... yes! Yes of course! It's all so clear now! I knew the master bedroom, is where they trained their slaves! That's why the first thing you do is bring your wife, to the... MASTER BEDROOM! OF COURSE!

I want to post this on facebook, but I really don't know if I should..... XD

You can't make this kind of crazy up.
I knew there would come a day that America fell, I just didn't realize it would fall on it's own sword.

View attachment 358548

The term "master" is officially canceled when it comes to describing bedrooms and bathrooms ... at least when you're searching for a home in Houston.

The Houston Association of Realtors is no longer using the word "master" to hype bedrooms and bathrooms on its Multiple Listing Service ... instead, the realtors are going with the word "primary."

The change in terminology, which happened quietly earlier this month, is already in place on HAR's property listing database ... and it came after several members demanded a review of the language, which some believe carries connotations to slavery.

According to HAR, the change has been raised and considered for several years ... and they are finally pulling the plug on "master." It's worth noting ... Houston has one of the nation's highest African-American populations.

Don't celebrate or scream into the void just yet ... HAR says the change is merely a suggestion, and does not constitute a ban of the term "master."

Other "masters" are already on the way out ... like the Court of Master Sommeliers, which says it will no longer use the word "master" before a wine sommelier's last name.

And, it begs the question, what's next on the chopping block?!?

There's The Masters golf tournament, Oprah's Master Class and Master's degrees to name a few.

Interesting... they had to go woke, or people would stop buying houses because of "master" room.

L'Oreal announced recently that they're going to remove "white/whitening" term from their products, along with terms "fair", "pale", and "light".

It's like left is competing who will outperform everyone else's stupidity.

Forum List

Back