Really... Unions are Good for the Country

I agree..... At one time I'm sure they served a purpose... My Dad was in a Union when he worked in a Firestone factory but I never hear anything good about them anymore...

Unions were good for America in our industrial era. Not so sure in a service/consumer economy.
People still gotta work! that means people will still have to be safe where they work, get paid for their efforts and be protected against arbitrary firing.
The difference is that at a time when unions were needed, the law hadn't caught up to worker's rights. Now that workers are protected by the law, unions are aren't really needed anymore.

Unions were good for America in our industrial era. Not so sure in a service/consumer economy.
People still gotta work! that means people will still have to be safe where they work, get paid for their efforts and be protected against arbitrary firing.

Unfortunately, the greedy unions and their greedy workers have priced themselves completely out of business when it comes to manufacturing and those same costs can be directly linked to the huge influx of illegal immigrants in the service sector.

The difference is that at a time when unions were needed, the law hadn't caught up to worker's rights. Now that workers are protected by the law, unions are aren't really needed anymore.
right. because those laws are so vigorously enforced!:lol::lol:

Please explain to me why an employer would arbitrarily fire an employee who is doing an outstanding job?

right. because those laws are so vigorously enforced!:lol::lol:
I'll refer you to this (very good) post:

VaYank5150 said:
Unfortunately, the greedy unions and their greedy workers have priced themselves completely out of business when it comes to manufacturing and those same costs can be directly linked to the huge influx of illegal immigrants in the service sector.

The owners of the means of production simply boxed up the plants and shipped them overseas.

Gosh! I wish we had the same opportunities a worker in a Singapore sweatshop has!:cuckoo:

I think greed works both ways. Members want their unions to secure better pay and conditions. Shareholders want management to lower costs and increase profitability.

Something's gotta give.

I belong to a union even though I don't really want to be. What I don't like about it is they are wanting/demanding a 3% raise for the corrections officers ( yes I am one ) when the county has much less tax revenue do to people property values going down, the list goes on why the county has less money but that not the story. The story is the union doesn't care. I know every department had to take a 5% budget decrease. I'm afraid the union is gonna screw some of us out of a job. If the county cant pay us we are going to get layed off. I'd rather have a job making what I make now then to get a raise and later get layed off.

Union corruption presently outweighs union virtues. Our Union (USA) needs to regain priority over conflicting interest Now. All Unions out of Government jobs Now. A Nation within a nation isn't cutting it. Expose them for what they are. Protect jobs with proper legislation, not thug enforcement. Expose the lie. Double standards, hypocrisy, extortion, unearned compensation. when is enough, enough?

Union corruption presently outweighs union virtues. Our Union (USA) needs to regain priority over conflicting interest Now. All Unions out of Government jobs Now. A Nation within a nation isn't cutting it. Expose them for what they are. Protect jobs with proper legislation, not thug enforcement. Expose the lie. Double standards, hypocrisy, extortion, unearned compensation. when is enough, enough?
Are you talking about Goldman Sachs?

I belong to a union even though I don't really want to be. What I don't like about it is they are wanting/demanding a 3% raise for the corrections officers ( yes I am one ) when the county has much less tax revenue do to people property values going down, the list goes on why the county has less money but that not the story. The story is the union doesn't care. I know every department had to take a 5% budget decrease. I'm afraid the union is gonna screw some of us out of a job. If the county cant pay us we are going to get layed off. I'd rather have a job making what I make now then to get a raise and later get layed off.

Just saw it happen to a hospital in NYC.

Unions negotiated a sweetheart of a deal for their members with the threat of a major strike...and now it has declared bankruptcy...and the union refuses to renegotiate the contreact with potential buyers of the hospital.

SO hundreds of workers are looking for jobs in a recession.

New Topics

Forum List

Back