REALLY IDIOTIC SONG (if there is no GOD)

There is only one line mentioning heaven, and one line mentioning God. Both in the 4th verse, which nobody ever even hears. If you think the song is stupid, meaningless, and idiotic without those two virtually unknown lines, then you are an idiot.
Without GOD we are DIVISIBLE. Only with GOD can we stand INDIVISIBLE with liberty and justice for all. Ideals are but cheap words unless they rest on an IMMOVABLE FOUNDATION. Only GOD is solid ground. All other is sinking sand. And the likely reason we don't sing that 4th verse is that it reminds some people that they are mortal and NEED GOD. And frankly, I find that most songs get to the climatic point in the closing verse and not necessarily at the start.
This is particularly ridiculous given the fact that religion is used far more often to divide.
And the Supreme Court certainly did just that when they voted for the strict removal of the Bible, Prayer, Philosophical debate and respect for the ALMIGHTY from the public classrooms across this once united yet diversified Nation ----- which presently seems more in a quandary quagmire than at anytime since The American Civil War.

If your religion isn't strong enough to stand on it's own, without all your made up shit, it is a pretty weak religion.
Obviously, you are not particular enough to express yourself without trying to be a match for some sailor. You should demonstrate more of your fine education.

Not sure what your childish remark has to do with your dumb thread, but that remark is exactly what I would expect from a religious nut who has been shown to be foolish.
but--there is no god
Prove it.
hahhahahahahahaha
....you people make the initial claim there is a god--it's up to YOU to prove it..
..like a court system--prosecutor charges someone. he has to prove it .
Absolutely NOT! It is up to you to prove it for yourself. You're the one trying to throw GOD out. You need to provide the evidence that HE doesn't make a difference anywhere.
wrong --if you make a claim--you have to prove it--or it's bullshit
...you made the intitial claim [ yes? ] --you have to prove it
so--you have no proof do you?
..claims like:
jesus served me breakfast on the moon
Sorry, I believe GOD created the entire Universe and everything in it in 6 days. You claim it took Billions of years. Well, Billions of years may not seem an eternity to you; however, since GOD is eternal then I can fully see how HE would create a Universe that demonstrates perfectly what Eternity is like.
I see sinful people, including myself and yourself being most ungodly. Can you deny that everyone makes mistakes. Are you forgiving of mistakes? Obviously, we all need a Savior.
I believe that the FLOOD of Noah's day was horrific and worldwide. And since fossils of some sort are found everywhere and demonstrate a catastrophic death by suffocation and packed in sediment by water, I have no reason not to fully accept the obvious truth of the Flood.
We actually how know James the step Brother of Jesus actually existed, as did Pontius Pilot from recent archaeological discoveries. And we know for a fact that humans have been in truth trying to place the blame for the Crucifixion of Christ upon each other for over 2 thousand years. Why blame anyone for something that never happened?
You're the one with no proof. You're just one of those lazy people that want others to do the work, so you can feel good about yourself when you say smugly, "No it isn't. That's not good enough for me. Go try again, while I sit back and enjoy myself." And that is of course just another proof that GOD is real and you're simply without HIM.
.....so, you claim there is a god but don't have proof----I know it ..no one has been able to prove there is a god
God is my Friend. I can introduce you to Him, but I cannot make Him your Friend. That is clearly up to you.
..you mean your imaginary friend
An imaginary friend cannot contribute to one's well being and direct one's life, nor encourage me to answer you.
..many people who without the imaginary friend are happy and well = you have an imaginary friend
And what happens when they become unhappy and ill?
..so your proof of god is someone on USMB saying they thought they heard god........????!!!!
My proof is a changed attitude and new direction for living that is contrary to one's old/original nature.

There is only one line mentioning heaven, and one line mentioning God. Both in the 4th verse, which nobody ever even hears. If you think the song is stupid, meaningless, and idiotic without those two virtually unknown lines, then you are an idiot.
Without GOD we are DIVISIBLE. Only with GOD can we stand INDIVISIBLE with liberty and justice for all. Ideals are but cheap words unless they rest on an IMMOVABLE FOUNDATION. Only GOD is solid ground. All other is sinking sand. And the likely reason we don't sing that 4th verse is that it reminds some people that they are mortal and NEED GOD. And frankly, I find that most songs get to the climatic point in the closing verse and not necessarily at the start.
This is particularly ridiculous given the fact that religion is used far more often to divide.
And the Supreme Court certainly did just that when they voted for the strict removal of the Bible, Prayer, Philosophical debate and respect for the ALMIGHTY from the public classrooms across this once united yet diversified Nation ----- which presently seems more in a quandary quagmire than at anytime since The American Civil War.

If your religion isn't strong enough to stand on it's own, without all your made up shit, it is a pretty weak religion.
Obviously, you are not particular enough to express yourself without trying to be a match for some sailor. You should demonstrate more of your fine education.

Not sure what your childish remark has to do with your dumb thread, but that remark is exactly what I would expect from a religious nut who has been shown to be foolish.
but--there is no god
Prove it.
hahhahahahahahaha
....you people make the initial claim there is a god--it's up to YOU to prove it..
Absolutely NOT! It is up to you to prove it for yourself. You're the one trying to throw GOD out. You need to provide the evidence that HE doesn't make a difference anywhere.
..claims like:
Sorry, I believe GOD created the entire Universe and everything in it in 6 days. You claim it took Billions of years. Well, Billions of years may not seem an eternity to you; however, since GOD is eternal then I can fully see how HE would create a Universe that demonstrates perfectly what Eternity is like.
I see sinful people, including myself and yourself being most ungodly. Can you deny that everyone makes mistakes. Are you forgiving of mistakes? Obviously, we all need a Savior.
I believe that the FLOOD of Noah's day was horrific and worldwide. And since fossils of some sort are found everywhere and demonstrate a catastrophic death by suffocation and packed in sediment by water, I have no reason not to fully accept the obvious truth of the Flood.
We actually how know James the step Brother of Jesus actually existed, as did Pontius Pilot from recent archaeological discoveries. And we know for a fact that humans have been in truth trying to place the blame for the Crucifixion of Christ upon each other for over 2 thousand years. Why blame anyone for something that never happened?
You're the one with no proof. You're just one of those lazy people that want others to do the work, so you can feel good about yourself when you say smugly, "No it isn't. That's not good enough for me. Go try again, while I sit back and enjoy myself." And that is of course just another proof that GOD is real and you're simply without HIM.
.....so, you claim there is a god but don't have proof----I know it ..no one has been able to prove there is a god
God is my Friend. I can introduce you to Him, but I cannot make Him your Friend. That is clearly up to you.
An imaginary friend cannot contribute to one's well being and direct one's life, nor encourage me to answer you.
..many people who without the imaginary friend are happy and well = you have an imaginary friend
..so your proof of god is someone on USMB saying they thought they heard god........????!!!!
My proof is a changed attitude and new direction for living that is contrary to one's old/original nature.
ok
1594471163426.png

Without GOD we are DIVISIBLE. Only with GOD can we stand INDIVISIBLE with liberty and justice for all. Ideals are but cheap words unless they rest on an IMMOVABLE FOUNDATION. Only GOD is solid ground. All other is sinking sand. And the likely reason we don't sing that 4th verse is that it reminds some people that they are mortal and NEED GOD.

I'm sure that's what they tell you in your church. They tell you a lot of crap that just isn't true. However, assuming all your rhetoric is true, the country has been divided on racial, religious, and gender lines since it's inception, so your God sucks on that whole indivisable thing.
The Civil War was the result of the SIN of slavery. If we had worked at abolishing it when we formed the United States, the Civil War wouldn't have happened. Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote UNCLE TOM's CABIN. And President Lincoln upon being introduced to this lady allegedly remarked (tongue in cheek), "'So you're the little woman who wrote the book that made this great war!'" Mrs. Stowe was a fervent Christian woman who knew that the slavery as practiced in America was unlike anything mentioned in the Bible and was entirely UNCHRISTIAN and UNBIBLICAL. It has only been through the influence of mostly Christian Men and Women that we strive continuously to be brought back in track. Right now we are facing a terrible pandemic. And I do see the good, the bad, and the ugly surrounding it. The one good thing is that the internet has kept people together and not entirely in isolation. Had this Covid19 virus been developed earlier, say 50 years ago, well what would we have done then?

You are trying too hard to make events match your rhetoric. I thought people who called themselves Christians were supposed to be honest, and not just make shit up.
I see you must be a Liberal Democrat --- thinking only what you say is golden. How do you know what's "Christian", given the assumed fact that you aren't? I'm so thankful I don't need politicians nor secular scientists to reveal their "truth" to me. PS> Your booby is showing ---- I'm being honest.

I called myself a Christian for more than 50 years. I've seen, and even participated in the exaggeration and twisting of facts to match my preconceptions. I called it divinely inspired knowledge. It was nothing more than making up shit, just like you are doing.
The Bible is our standard. If it doesn't fit what the Bible has to say, the Bible isn't in error.
The bible is very much in error – it was written by men, imbued with man’s ignorance, fear, stupidity, and hate.
Show me where the Bible is in error? And frankly, throughout the Bible men are shown to be weak, thoughtless, and prone to repeat the same mistakes over and over. If men wanted to prove how smart, clever, and wise they are they certainly didn't go about it like I would have.

They can't even keep typos out of the Bible.
Sin on more’
A 1716 edition of the 17th-century King James version (known as the Party Bible – OK, no it isn’t) replaces “Sin no more” from Jeremiah 31:34 with “Sin on more”. There were 8,000 copies printed before anyone noticed.

‘Let the children first be killed’
This is very awkward. It’s Mark 7:27 and it’s supposed to be: “Let the children first be filled.” A 1795 edition of the King James version.

‘If the latter husband ate her’
Known as the Cannibal’s Bible (yes really), a 1682 printing alters this passage from Deuteronomy 24:3, which is meant to read: “If the latter husband hate her.”

‘To remain’

We need to invent a term for this phenomenon: when words that are intended as advice inveigle themselves into the text. There is a rumour that one Guardian comment piece was published with the jaunty conclusion: “Please consider the environment before printing this email.” And in an 1805 Bible, a proof-reader’s mark responding to the question of whether a comma should be deleted ended up as part of Galatians 4:29. “But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit to remain, even so it is now.” Some of you will remember a more recent instance of this, in which the new leader of the Labour party inadvertently read out the stage direction “strong message here” during a speech. So, a Corbynesque?

‘Owl husband’

A damaged piece of type in a 1944 edition of the King James version changed the depressing commandment “Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands” to the far more exciting “in the same way submit yourselves to your owl husbands”, raising the prospect of a whole new world of ornithological encounters.

‘Holy ghost’

This tricky word illustrates some of the pitfalls of biblical translation. The Greek word pneuma means breath or spirit (think ‘pneumatic’), but in the King James version it is mistranslated as “ghost” (although one sense of “ghost” is of course spirit, it was used to mean “supernatural being” from as early as the 14th century, and would have been an appropriate translation for the Greek word phantasma). Not only does this make the concept of the holy spirit a bit confusing. It also gives us the bizarre phrase “he gave up the ghost” (Luke 23:46) which would be better translated as “he breathed his last”.

‘Peace on Earth and good will toward men’
A lovely, all-encompassing sentiment for Christmas, this is what an angel said to the shepherds on a hill near Bethlehem, according to the King James version. Except that a more accurate translation of the Greek is “peace on Earth to people he favours”, he being God. So if you like peace, you’d better be in his good books.

‘Out of thy lions’
There lots of loins in the Bible. As in “fruit of” – ie children. An 1804 edition offers a zoological twist on reproduction, though, with “Thy son that shall come forth out of thy lions.” The printer was probably just a cub.

‘Jesus’

Joshua, more like. Yes, the English name is a transliteration of the Greek Iesous, which comes from the Hebrew Yeshua, a version of Joshua. This fact is likely to catch on among dinner party bores, but probably not 2 billion Christians – who are kind of used to the status quo – or people who swear.

‘Printers have persecuted me’

A Freudian finale to our list, this error, in a Bible of 1612, blames our inky-fingered friends instead of “princes”. Entirely justified, you might think. Except that, in the age of the internet, we only have ourselves to blame. Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Honestly, they (these printings) are translations; however, such errors are few, rare and traceable. And GOD favors HIS children and not everyone is HIS child. JESUS remarked to the Pharisees that they were children of the devil --- that liar. Satan is the author of lies and mistakes. I'm sure he tries his best at corrupting everything, so he can keep and hold onto his children --- whoever they may be.

And there have been lots of translations and manual copies through the centuries. The explanation has always been " God divinely guided the hand of the translators and transcribers, and wouldn't allow mistakes in the Bible" Don't tell me you didn't hear the same thing. Now we're supposed to believe God just doesn't bother with that any more? Those examples are just some of the silliest mistakes in the Bible, but far from all of them. There are stories of people in the bible going to cities that didn't even exist until after they were dead. A few scriptures about the earth being flat, and one section used to charge Copernicus with heresy when he said the Earth rotated around the sun, instead of the other way around. If you are brave enough, you should really study the Bible. That's the quickest way to turn a believer into an agnostic, or even an atheist.

but--there is no god
Prove it.
hahhahahahahahaha
..claims like:

I've changed my attitudes about a million times between when I was a teenager, and now.

You nailed it in regard to him. In addition to that, he's probably the most childish atheist on this site.

You nailed it in regard to him. In addition to that, he's probably the most childish atheist on this site.
...I'm loving the laughs from you guys----hahahhahahahahahah
plain and simple--no one can prove there is a god
..I enjoy myself all the time....especially with hilarious posts like yours
hahahhahahahahah

hahahhahahahahah

You'll see, eventually, little blind one.

hahahhahahahahah

hahhahahaha--ANOTHER good one for laughs -''little blind one'' 'eventually''
hahahahhahaha

hahahhahahahahah

hahhahahaha--ANOTHER good one for laughs -''little blind one'' 'eventually''
hahahahhahaha

Yep, of all the atheists here, you are likely the most blind one of all, and definitely the most childish. But yes, your posts are amusing, because you have that lovely combination of ignorance and arrogance, which all I can do is laugh at.

Without GOD we are DIVISIBLE. Only with GOD can we stand INDIVISIBLE with liberty and justice for all. Ideals are but cheap words unless they rest on an IMMOVABLE FOUNDATION. Only GOD is solid ground. All other is sinking sand. And the likely reason we don't sing that 4th verse is that it reminds some people that they are mortal and NEED GOD.

I'm sure that's what they tell you in your church. They tell you a lot of crap that just isn't true. However, assuming all your rhetoric is true, the country has been divided on racial, religious, and gender lines since it's inception, so your God sucks on that whole indivisable thing.
The Civil War was the result of the SIN of slavery. If we had worked at abolishing it when we formed the United States, the Civil War wouldn't have happened. Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote UNCLE TOM's CABIN. And President Lincoln upon being introduced to this lady allegedly remarked (tongue in cheek), "'So you're the little woman who wrote the book that made this great war!'" Mrs. Stowe was a fervent Christian woman who knew that the slavery as practiced in America was unlike anything mentioned in the Bible and was entirely UNCHRISTIAN and UNBIBLICAL. It has only been through the influence of mostly Christian Men and Women that we strive continuously to be brought back in track. Right now we are facing a terrible pandemic. And I do see the good, the bad, and the ugly surrounding it. The one good thing is that the internet has kept people together and not entirely in isolation. Had this Covid19 virus been developed earlier, say 50 years ago, well what would we have done then?

You are trying too hard to make events match your rhetoric. I thought people who called themselves Christians were supposed to be honest, and not just make shit up.
I see you must be a Liberal Democrat --- thinking only what you say is golden. How do you know what's "Christian", given the assumed fact that you aren't? I'm so thankful I don't need politicians nor secular scientists to reveal their "truth" to me. PS> Your booby is showing ---- I'm being honest.

I called myself a Christian for more than 50 years. I've seen, and even participated in the exaggeration and twisting of facts to match my preconceptions. I called it divinely inspired knowledge. It was nothing more than making up shit, just like you are doing.
The Bible is our standard. If it doesn't fit what the Bible has to say, the Bible isn't in error.
The bible is very much in error – it was written by men, imbued with man’s ignorance, fear, stupidity, and hate.
Show me where the Bible is in error? And frankly, throughout the Bible men are shown to be weak, thoughtless, and prone to repeat the same mistakes over and over. If men wanted to prove how smart, clever, and wise they are they certainly didn't go about it like I would have.

Sin on more’
A 1716 edition of the 17th-century King James version (known as the Party Bible – OK, no it isn’t) replaces “Sin no more” from Jeremiah 31:34 with “Sin on more”. There were 8,000 copies printed before anyone noticed.

This is very awkward. It’s Mark 7:27 and it’s supposed to be: “Let the children first be filled.” A 1795 edition of the King James version.

Known as the Cannibal’s Bible (yes really), a 1682 printing alters this passage from Deuteronomy 24:3, which is meant to read: “If the latter husband hate her.”

‘To remain’

We need to invent a term for this phenomenon: when words that are intended as advice inveigle themselves into the text. There is a rumour that one Guardian comment piece was published with the jaunty conclusion: “Please consider the environment before printing this email.” And in an 1805 Bible, a proof-reader’s mark responding to the question of whether a comma should be deleted ended up as part of Galatians 4:29. “But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit to remain, even so it is now.” Some of you will remember a more recent instance of this, in which the new leader of the Labour party inadvertently read out the stage direction “strong message here” during a speech. So, a Corbynesque?

‘Owl husband’

A damaged piece of type in a 1944 edition of the King James version changed the depressing commandment “Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands” to the far more exciting “in the same way submit yourselves to your owl husbands”, raising the prospect of a whole new world of ornithological encounters.

‘Holy ghost’

This tricky word illustrates some of the pitfalls of biblical translation. The Greek word pneuma means breath or spirit (think ‘pneumatic’), but in the King James version it is mistranslated as “ghost” (although one sense of “ghost” is of course spirit, it was used to mean “supernatural being” from as early as the 14th century, and would have been an appropriate translation for the Greek word phantasma). Not only does this make the concept of the holy spirit a bit confusing. It also gives us the bizarre phrase “he gave up the ghost” (Luke 23:46) which would be better translated as “he breathed his last”.

A lovely, all-encompassing sentiment for Christmas, this is what an angel said to the shepherds on a hill near Bethlehem, according to the King James version. Except that a more accurate translation of the Greek is “peace on Earth to people he favours”, he being God. So if you like peace, you’d better be in his good books.

‘Out of thy lions’
There lots of loins in the Bible. As in “fruit of” – ie children. An 1804 edition offers a zoological twist on reproduction, though, with “Thy son that shall come forth out of thy lions.” The printer was probably just a cub.

‘Jesus’

Joshua, more like. Yes, the English name is a transliteration of the Greek Iesous, which comes from the Hebrew Yeshua, a version of Joshua. This fact is likely to catch on among dinner party bores, but probably not 2 billion Christians – who are kind of used to the status quo – or people who swear.

A Freudian finale to our list, this error, in a Bible of 1612, blames our inky-fingered friends instead of “princes”. Entirely justified, you might think. Except that, in the age of the internet, we only have ourselves to blame. Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Honestly, they (these printings) are translations; however, such errors are few, rare and traceable. And GOD favors HIS children and not everyone is HIS child. JESUS remarked to the Pharisees that they were children of the devil --- that liar. Satan is the author of lies and mistakes. I'm sure he tries his best at corrupting everything, so he can keep and hold onto his children --- whoever they may be.

And there have been lots of translations and manual copies through the centuries. The explanation has always been " God divinely guided the hand of the translators and transcribers, and wouldn't allow mistakes in the Bible" Don't tell me you didn't hear the same thing. Now we're supposed to believe God just doesn't bother with that any more? Those examples are just some of the silliest mistakes in the Bible, but far from all of them. There are stories of people in the bible going to cities that didn't even exist until after they were dead. A few scriptures about the earth being flat, and one section used to charge Copernicus with heresy when he said the Earth rotated around the sun, instead of the other way around. If you are brave enough, you should really study the Bible. That's the quickest way to turn a believer into an agnostic, or even an atheist.
The scriptures do mention the 4 corners. So, read in context. The inference is far ends of the planet. I get that, why don't you? The earth is also called a circle and a circle or sphere doesn't have corners. The thing that got a lot of Bible scholars in a bunch has to do with the long day for Gideon to fight a battle. The Bible clearly doesn't say how GOD did it. And since HE is GOD there is an unlimited number of ways HE may have accomplished such a feat. However, some insist that for the sun to remain in place in the sky the sun must go around the earth. I don't limit GOD's abilities. HE simply did whatever HE wanted to in order to accomplish what HE wished in whatever way HE chose to do it. The fastest way to become an atheist is to try to limit GOD's abilities by one's own value system.

hahahhahahahahah
Prove how life originated without GOD. Prove why a F5 tornado upon hitting a school, leveled much of it and yet no one was seriously hurt. Prove why a group of church choir members all failed to get to a rehearsal on time and missed a gas explosion which completely leveled the sanctuary where they all should have been. Prove why a little boy looking for his cat moved out of the way of a falling tree he didn't see coming? Prove how a guy failed to hit a streetcar head on and also completely missed a telephone pole after having his tires get stuck in the trolley tracks. Tell me were the wind comes from and where it goes. Explain what dark matter is. Tell me why we haven't had a nuclear war yet.
When you can explain with proof all that without saying, "Mere Coincidence," then your laugh may not seem so hollow and insincere.

but--there is no god
Prove it.
hahhahahahahahaha
..claims like:

I've changed my attitudes about a million times between when I was a teenager, and now.
You need GOD to change your attitude.

Sin on more’

‘To remain’

‘Owl husband’

‘Holy ghost’

‘Out of thy lions’

‘Jesus’

The scriptures do mention the 4 corners. So, read in context. The inference is far ends of the planet. I get that, why don't you? The earth is also called a circle and a circle or sphere doesn't have corners. The thing that got a lot of Bible scholars in a bunch has to do with the long day for Gideon to fight a battle. The Bible clearly doesn't say how GOD did it. And since HE is GOD there is an unlimited number of ways HE may have accomplished such a feat. However, some insist that for the sun to remain in place in the sky the sun must go around the earth. I don't limit GOD's abilities. HE simply did whatever HE wanted to in order to accomplish what HE wished in whatever way HE chose to do it. The fastest way to become an atheist is to try to limit GOD's abilities by one's own value system.

Nice try. A person can make allowances for miraculous events and still be struck bythe dumb mistakes in the Bible. When someone is said to have gone to a city that dosn't exist yet, that is not a miracle. That is a irreconsilable mistake.

hahahhahahahahah
Prove how life originated without GOD. Prove why a F5 tornado upon hitting a school, leveled much of it and yet no one was seriously hurt. Prove why a group of church choir members all failed to get to a rehearsal on time and missed a gas explosion which completely leveled the sanctuary where they all should have been. Prove why a little boy looking for his cat moved out of the way of a falling tree he didn't see coming? Prove how a guy failed to hit a streetcar head on and also completely missed a telephone pole after having his tires get stuck in the trolley tracks. Tell me were the wind comes from and where it goes. Explain what dark matter is. Tell me why we haven't had a nuclear war yet.
When you can explain with proof all that without saying, "Mere Coincidence," then your laugh may not seem so hollow and insincere.
..I don't have to prove anything--YOU claimed there was a god
..it's like if I claimed aliens took me to the moon--

but--there is no god
Prove it.
hahhahahahahahaha
..claims like:

You need GOD to change your attitude.

Nope.

Sin on more’

‘To remain’

‘Owl husband’

‘Holy ghost’

‘Out of thy lions’

‘Jesus’

Nice try. A person can make allowances for miraculous events and still be struck bythe dumb mistakes in the Bible. When someone is said to have gone to a city that dosn't exist yet, that is not a miracle. That is a irreconsilable mistake.
What are the mistakes found in the Hebrew texts?

hahahhahahahahah
natural disasters don't kill people ????!!!!!
wooohohoooooo--I like this issue:
........you people say THANK GOD when 2 or 3 people are saved out of dozens!!!!..do you understand the point?

hahahhahahahahah
natural disasters don't kill people ????!!!!!
wooohohoooooo--I like this issue:
........you people say THANK GOD when 2 or 3 people are saved out of dozens!!!!..do you understand the point?
GOD is sovereign and sees the broad picture from one end to the other at the very same time.

hahahhahahahahah
..I don't have to prove anything--YOU claimed there was a god
..it's like if I claimed aliens took me to the moon--
There is a GOD and JESUS is a part of that TRIUNE entity. JESUS proved GOD exists and there is quite enough historical evidence to prove JESUS existed and did exactly what the Bible said HE'd do. There is still more for HIM to accomplish likely very soon.

Sin on more’

‘To remain’

‘Owl husband’

‘Holy ghost’

‘Out of thy lions’

‘Jesus’

What are the mistakes found in the Hebrew texts?

There are several, but here is one.
Numbers 32 was an example of this. The whole of the chapter is about the lands that Reuben’s seed and Gad’s seed are to receive as their own. From verse one all the way through to verse 29 Moses makes it very clear that if these two tribes will not fight with the rest of their brethren on the west side of the Jordan then they are not going to receive any land at all.

Then Moses said to them: “If you do this thing, if you arm yourselves before Yehovah for the war, and all your armed men cross over the Jordan before Yehovah until He has driven out His enemies from before Him, and the land is subdued before Yehovah, then, afterwards you may return and be blameless before Yehovah and before Israel; and this land shall be your possession before Yehovah. But if you do not do so, then take note, you have sinned against Yehovah; and be sure your sin will find you out. (Num 32:20-23)
But in verse 30 it says this.

But if they do not cross over armed with you, they shall have possessions among you in the land of Canaan.” (Num 32:30)
Yeah right! Are we to understand that if Reuben’s and Gad’s seed do not fight with their brethren that they still get lands for themselves on the west side? That would be absurd based on everything that came before this verse and after it. It has to say “they shall have NO possessions among you in the land of Canaan“. But the Hebrew negation לא – “lo” is just not there.

Forum List

Back