Reality TV star Alison Victoria fights back against lawsuit filed by couple who bought $1.3 million home featured on the show “Windy City Rehab"

• Banned
this is my favorite part:

"Their complaint mainly deals with a garage behind the property that homebuyers Shane Jones and Samantha Mostaccio wanted renovated so Mostaccio could have space for her pilates training business and to make videos for her fitness business. The couple claims the garage work wasn’t properly finished, and the work that was done was without a building permit, leading the city to shut down the site. "

pilates training? same here!

this is stupid. i'm not satisfied until someone's ass is locked up!

Sounds like it should be the buyers. Anybody that would pay $1.33 Million for a house without having it inspected and apparently with no warranty is an idiot, not to mention any bankers involve not caring what they loan money on. Stupid is as stupid does.

Sounds like it should be the buyers. Anybody that would pay $1.33 Million for a house without having it inspected and apparently with no warranty is an idiot, not to mention any bankers involve not caring what they loan money on. Stupid is as stupid does.

Banks only see the appraisals unless the buyer voluntarily lets them see the inspection which is unusual. The inspection report belongs to the party that pays for it and they don't have to share with anybody. So, unless the appraisal dinked the value in the comps based on say a cracked column the lender would never know the column was cracked.

Banks only see the appraisals unless the buyer voluntarily lets them see the inspection which is unusual. The inspection report belongs to the party that pays for it and they don't have to share with anybody. So, unless the appraisal dinked the value in the comps based on say a cracked column the lender would never know the column was cracked.
Only bought two houses and had this one a long time. Thought the bank insisted on an inspection and basically billed me for it as part of the costs of the loan. Maybe they did years ago or maybe it is just a vague memory. Does not make sense that someone would loan money or make a purchase that large without knowing if the asset was worth the investment to the buyer or lender. Could it be that years ago I was doing VA/FHA and they had different requirements back then. I do not think they financed that high years ago, but that could be incorrect also. Glad I have no intention of going through the process again.

Only bought two houses and had this one a long time. Thought the bank insisted on an inspection and basically billed me for it as part of the costs of the loan. Maybe they did years ago or maybe it is just a vague memory. Does not make sense that someone would loan money or make a purchase that large without knowing if the asset was worth the investment to the buyer or lender. Could it be that years ago I was doing VA/FHA and they had different requirements back then. I do not think they financed that high years ago, but that could be incorrect also. Glad I have no intention of going through the process again.

Not sure about years ago but VA is a little different now than a typical bank. They require inspection and seller to pay for it for the buyer, and the deposit to be fully refundable and the like, but still that is to protect the buyer veteran, not the bank. They still go off appraised value. Most houses will have some things wrong with them.

This isnt uncommon.
Chip and Joanna have a remodel show and they got sued because the house they sold was supposedly in a bad neighborhood.
Who the hell buys a house without looking into the crime rate in the area?

Forum List

Back