Real men shake hands.

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
So I am taking a class for part of my law enforcement career path and they finally started it today. Everyone of course has to wear a fuckin mask which I think is absurd. However because it's a hand to hand combat training portion, the social distancing thing was out the window. Anyway for whatever reason the instructor picked me first to demonstrate a defensive tactic but before doing so we made an introduction and shook hands as if there is no pandemic...

and in all honesty, there really isn't.

I was happy to grasp the man's hand and I'll tell you what, it felt like I got something back I lost. Like a knife from under a couch cushion. That sort of human interaction we used to commonly take part in was a relief to finally have engaged in again.

I don't do "elbow bumps", and I only recently did fist bumping. I'll be happy when this shit goes away and a good handshake comes back to being a normal part of human interaction.

Anyway it was a basic hand to hand defensive class, which would be impossible without contact. Granted we had to use more hand sanitizer than the obamas use vaseline, but the class went well.

So I am taking a class for part of my law enforcement career path and they finally started it today. Everyone of course has to wear a fuckin mask which I think is absurd. However because it's a hand to hand combat training portion, the social distancing thing was out the window. Anyway for whatever reason the instructor picked me first to demonstrate a defensive tactic but before doing so we made an introduction and shook hands as if there is no pandemic...

I was happy to grasp the man's hand and I'll tell you what, it felt like I got something back I lost. Like a knife from under a couch cushion. That sort of human interaction we used to commonly take part in was a relief to finally have engaged in again.

I don't do "elbow bumps", and I only recently did fist bumping. I'll be happy when this shit goes away and a good handshake comes back to being a normal part of human interaction.

Anyway it was a basic hand to hand defensive class, which would be impossible without contact. Granted we had to use more hand sanitizer than the obamas use vaseline, but the class went well.

Nice post, Pete, thanks. I've ALWAYS been into shaking hands. My best friend and I, whom I haven't seen in a month and a half because of the Chinese Virus, had always shook hands when parting, until about 5-6 months ago, BEFORE the Wu Flu really hit us. We had decided to just bump fists because it seemed like one or the other always had a cold or a cough, or wasn't feeling well. It was OK, but I missed our good firm handshakes. We haven't seen each other since March 13th because the only times we get together is for nights of trivia playing, eating, and drinking, a couple times a week at a local Buffalo Wild Wings. We're keeping in touch by phone, I miss getting together, of course. And my friend is still going to work at an office where they take phone calls that come in from people who are having problems with their insurance coverage. He works for a company that is contracted to take phone calls for ANOTHER company, which deals with personal insurance of all kinds.

Greeting of the future...

Teach your children well
Their father's hell did slowly go by
Feed them on your dreams
The one they fix, the one you'll know by

1588040109315.png

f1751832-5433-4a56-8c93-29a733d92c90_text_hi.gif

I agree completely. The other day I visited a bath house. We were allowed to do a little sword fighting, but no full on felatio. I'm sure Pete understands our pain.

you are a very sick person.....but then you have let us know that....at least you are honest, that's good.

I agree completely. The other day I visited a bath house. We were allowed to do a little sword fighting, but no full on felatio. I'm sure Pete understands our pain.

you are a very sick person.....but then you have let us know that....at least you are honest, that's good.
Aaron IS sick, but sometimes hilariously funny. He's one of my favorite posters on here.

Aaron IS sick, but sometimes hilariously funny. He's one of my favorite posters on here.

Sick yes.....favorite no.

Forum List

Back