Reading the Tea Leaves by Poll Closing Times

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Well some states close their polls earlier than others, obviously and so they can be early indicators of how the rest of the country generally is heading.

closing_times.png

By 9 pm EST, we should know who won in Virginia if not well before that. IF it is close or Trump has it called for him already by 9 pm, then this is going to be a Trump blow out.

If Clinton wins Georgia or it is too close too call by 9 pm similarly it will be a Hillary Clinton landslide.

Vermont should be safe for Clinton and Indiana, S Carolina and Kentucky safe for Trump.

Then at 8 pm PA closes and if Trump is too close to call or is way ahead, that is another confirmation of Clinton having a very bad night. The same goes for New Hampshire and Maine.

Missouri will be also very interesting but Trump should have it if Hillary is close or wins it, more bad mojo for Trump.

Personally I plan to have plenty of nachos and cheese dip and Diet Coke to supplement my viewing pleasure till midnight then I am going to bed and to hell with all of them.

Well some states close their polls earlier than others, obviously and so they can be early indicators of how the rest of the country generally is heading.

closing_times.png

By 9 pm EST, we should know who won in Virginia if not well before that. IF it is close or Trump has it called for him already by 9 pm, then this is going to be a Trump blow out.

If Clinton wins Georgia or it is too close too call by 9 pm similarly it will be a Hillary Clinton landslide.

Vermont should be safe for Clinton and Indiana, S Carolina and Kentucky safe for Trump.

Then at 8 pm PA closes and if Trump is too close to call or is way ahead, that is another confirmation of Clinton having a very bad night. The same goes for New Hampshire and Maine.

Missouri will be also very interesting but Trump should have it if Hillary is close or wins it, more bad mojo for Trump.

Personally I plan to have plenty of nachos and cheese dip and Diet Coke to supplement my viewing pleasure till midnight then I am going to bed and to hell with all of them.

Why is NH two tone striped orange and green and ND two toned striped green and blue?

Does this mean NH is 7pm and 8pm and ND is 8pm and 9pm?

closing_times.png

Why is NH two tone striped orange and green and ND two toned striped green and blue?

Yes, pretty much. I think that the graphical artist does that when the state is too small to show the detailed zone differences.

IF they announce all the EASTERN state results early, the Western voter says
"why should I go stand in line after working all day, this MoFo is over".

I thought they were not to do that anymore? Since? 2000?

(for President, yes. For state issues I suppose the die-hards will go ahead and vote)?

IF they announce all the EASTERN state results early, the Western voter says
"why should I go stand in line after working all day, this MoFo is over".

I thought they were not to do that anymore? Since? 2000?

(for President, yes. For state issues I suppose the die-hards will go ahead and vote)?
I think that they are only limited to the states closing and that is not legal only ethical restrictions.

closing_times.png

Multiple closing times indicated by diagonal lines. Noted in the white area north of NY and MI

closing_times.png

The polls in Indiana and Kentucky are now closed, I looked on Google.

So when will those results be told, how long is the wait now?

closing_times.png

Multiple closing times indicated by diagonal lines. Noted in the white area north of NY and MI

Hey Mr. Hoss, I think William McKinley has the lead in Texas :smoke:

closing_times.png

The polls in Indiana and Kentucky are now closed, I looked on Google.

So when will those results be told, how long is the wait now?
Indiana and Kentucky have been called for Trump.

New Topics

Forum List

Back