reading about slavery enrages me

Every time that I think or read about American slavery it makes me white-hot mad. I’m not sure if that healthy, but it happens. And, I think about American slavery ALL THE TIME.
Then you need to switch off for a change and try reading about
  • British slavery
  • Spanish slavery
  • African slavery
  • Roman slavery
  • Muslim slavery
  • Chinese slavery
  • American Indian slavery
  • Government slavery

Exactly...slavery had been around for thousands of years ....long before Slave Traders brought black slaves to America.

And it is still around .......especially in Africa.

Not even to mention the illegal mexican problem we now have in America....aka depending on cheap labor from Mexico.

The democrats want to abolish the border and let even more of them and anyone else come in to take jobs and lower wages.

Many of these people coming from central America dying to get here are fleeing because they are little more than slaves in their own lands, slaves to abject poverty. The dirty little secret they are trying to bury now is that a lot of slaves in America hundreds of years ago were treated well and had good lives, far better lives than they had where they came from.

One of the reasons why companies are killing brands like Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben now is because these are "slave" success stories the slave-hustlers are unprepared to explain.

Neither one of you seem knowledgeable regarding 'The Book'
Not sure if you are addressing me or not, but regarding "The Book", I take it with a huge grain of salt. It was written BY MAN, for MAN. And there were agendas at that time. Man is not perfect, therefore, parts of "The Book" were left out due to those agendas. So "The Book" everyone swears by is just another covid19. Some is true, most isn't.

The Holy Scriptures are the inspired Word of God....reject them at the peril of your soul.
Says who? A human being about what another human being wrote down claiming to be the word of God. lol.
It's people like you that helped me think more clearly about my PERSONAL relationship with God. You use fear. Do this, do that, read this, read that, believe this, believe that BECAUSE YOU SAY SO...or else eternal fire, doom, hell, loss of soul, blah fucking blah blah blah. Nunya business about my soul. Think of your own and don't be a buttinsky.

With that said....I did say I take the Bible with a large grain of salt. However...some books/passages I believe.

Thusly:

" you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God will all your heart and with all your soul." Deut13:3

Every time that I think or read about American slavery it makes me white-hot mad. I’m not sure if that healthy, but it happens. And, I think about American slavery ALL THE TIME.
Why? Slavery ended over a century and a half ago. No American alive today is a slave or a slave owner. Why fret about a condition that doesn't exist now and hasn't since your great great great grandfather's time. Reparations? That should have happened to the actual freed slaves, not to distant descendants.

With that said....I did say I take the Bible with a large grain of salt. However...some books/passages I believe.

Thusly:

" you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God will all your heart and with all your soul." Deut13:3

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Read more: It Is the Truth, Even When You Reject It

Thusly:

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Read more: It Is the Truth, Even When You Reject It
:yapyapyapf:

if slavery is not wrong...nothing is wrong

"if all earthly power is given me...i would free all the slaves and send them to Africa...their native land" - Abe Lincoln

"i'm gonna make a bargain with God...if i can save the union without freeing the slaves, i would do it. if i can free the salves without saving the union...i would not do that. my ultimate goal is to save the union and free the salves. as Jesus died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" - Lincoln

"i'm gonna make a bargain with God...if i can save the union without freeing the slaves, i would do it. if i can free the salves without saving the union...i would not do that. my ultimate goal is to save the union and free the salves. as Jesus died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" - Lincoln

A politician saying conflicting things based on different situations. So, how to know which reflects his true intentions?

look at his actions, not so much his words.

The white race deems itself to be the dominant race in this country...And so it is, in prestige, in achievements, in education, in wealth, and in power….

but the Constitution recognizes no superior, dominant, ruling class of citizens: Our Constitution is color-blind….

as a strict constitutionalist, i support all races' rights to equality

The white race deems itself to be the dominant race in this country...And so it is, in prestige, in achievements, in education, in wealth, and in power….

but the Constitution recognizes no superior, dominant, ruling class of citizens: Our Constitution is color-blind….

Hmmm I thought it was the black race deeming itself to be dominant that was causing all the problems nowadays.

that's also true. there's fine people on both sides. there's bad people on both sides. there's milktoast people on both sides

I've never seen any representative of or statement from "the white race" claiming that.

I've never seen any representative of or statement from "the white race" claiming that.
Plessy V Ferguson

Plessy V Ferguson

18 fucking 96? Give me a fucking break.

How about abortion? That's happening now.

Forum List

Back