reading about slavery enrages me

Do you hate the white people that were cruel to the slaves or admire the slaves for their fortitude?
Both.
I would say that there are going to be cruel people all throughout history of all colors, creeds, and religions. There has to be a balance between those feelings.

Although the slaves endured cruelty, most were not willing to go back to Liberia when offered free trips back to their original country. Why do you think that was the case?

Do you hate the white people that were cruel to the slaves or admire the slaves for their fortitude?
Both.
I would say that there are going to be cruel people all throughout history of all colors, creeds, and religions. There has to be a balance between those feelings.

Although the slaves endured cruelty, most were not willing to go back to Liberia when offered free trips back to their original country. Why do you think that was the case?
Again, you can't justify it.

Do you realize that if blacks were not brought here that you might not be here now?
You can't justify it. It is twisted that you would even try.
No I can't. Just as I can't justify any maiming or killing of any innocent people.

Maduro enrages me right now. He is cruel to an entire country of innocent people. Venezuelans are being starved and killed every day. There is no one to care for them. But I don't have hate in my heart and just hope and pray that there will be a coup to take him out. Did you know that food and medicine that is being brought over is burned at the border?

Slaves were fed and not all led a cruel life. But many did. This country realized how wrong it was, freed them and gave them citizenship.

Bless those slaves who stayed in the US! I put them on a pedestal. Think of the successful writers, inventers, shop keepers that kept on living her continually in a bad state until the 20th century.

Perhaps you can concentrate on those who made the difference for you! How great they are..Frederick Dounglas, Benjamin Benneker, Phillis Wheatly, Richard Allen, Peter Spencer, Sojourner Truth, and Nat Turner. Praise them for turning their hate into action of blacks and even others.

What a wonderful history of people you have!

Every time that I think or read about American slavery it makes me white-hot mad. I’m not sure if that healthy, but it happens. And, I think about American slavery ALL THE TIME.

It was a disgusting situation. I always struggle with judging people by their time and surroundings or by my standards. Usually I split it. Even for 1860 I think our South was backwards though.

Both.

Again, you can't justify it.
We cannot justify any of the hate in this world. If we stay in a state of hate, how good are we to society? Where does hate bring you? Acknowledge the greatness of you ancestors and try to live the kind of life they did successfully. None of them would be known today if they just sat and lived in hate.

Every time that I think or read about American slavery it makes me white-hot mad. I’m not sure if that healthy, but it happens. And, I think about American slavery ALL THE TIME.

It was a disgusting situation. I always struggle with judging people by their time and surroundings or by my standards. Usually I split it. Even for 1860 I think our South was backwards though.
How was it backwards? Just what do you mean?

Do you realize that if blacks were not brought here that you might not be here now?
No I can't. Just as I can't justify any maiming or killing of any innocent people.

Maduro enrages me right now. He is cruel to an entire country of innocent people. Venezuelans are being starved and killed every day. There is no one to care for them. But I don't have hate in my heart and just hope and pray that there will be a coup to take him out. Did you know that food and medicine that is being brought over is burned at the border?

Slaves were fed and not all led a cruel life. But many did. This country realized how wrong it was, freed them and gave them citizenship.

Bless those slaves who stayed in the US! I put them on a pedestal. Think of the successful writers, inventers, shop keepers that kept on living her continually in a bad state until the 20th century.

Perhaps you can concentrate on those who made the difference for you! How great they are..Frederick Dounglas, Benjamin Benneker, Phillis Wheatly, Richard Allen, Peter Spencer, Sojourner Truth, and Nat Turner. Praise them for turning their hate into action of blacks and even others.

It is okay to recognize the slaves. Feel empathy. We can do it in this discussion, since that is what it is. And discuss the other topics in another.

It is okay to recognize the slaves. Feel empathy. We can do it in this discussion, since that is what it is. And discuss the other topics in another.
That's good.

If reading about history makes you that angry, you might be a snowflake.

Forum List

Back