RCP Average of the polls: Trump/Clinton2016 vs. Trump/Biden2020

U2Edge

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
Real Clear Politics Average of the polls: Trump/Clinton2016 vs. Trump/Biden2020

In the Real Clear Politics Average of the Polls, Clinton trailed Trump at two different points, May 22, 2016 to May 25, 2016 by 0.2%, and July 29, 2016 to July 30, 2016 by 1.2%.

By contrast, Joe Biden has NEVER trailed Trump in the Real Clear Politics average of the polls. Joe Biden has been ahead of Trump every day in the Average of the polls. Joe Biden's weakest margin over Trump was January 13, 2020 to January 18, 2020 when BIDEN led Trump by 4.0%, and January 23, 2020 to January 25, 2020 when BIDEN led Trump by 4.0%.

As of today, BIDEN leads Trump in the Real Clear Politics average of the polls for August 19, 2020 by 7.8%.

Back on August 19, 2016, Hillary Clinton led Trump by 5.5%.

What this tells us is that BIDEN is doing significantly better than Clinton against Trump when it comes to national polling.

Clinton was ahead of Trump in the RCP average of national polls on election day by 3.1% and ended up winning the national popular vote by 2.1%

It should be noted that no sitting President has ever been re-elected without winning the popular vote either by a plurality or a majority.

Last edited:
Here we go again with the FAKE POLLS.

Some people just never learn. They can be lied to over and over and swallow the same garbage every time.

I get political calls, that's exactly how they come up on the caller ID. Ya know what I do? I don't answer, and then I BLOCK THE #. MILLIONS of other people are doing the same thing. So tell me again, how are these polls accurate?

They're not, period.

Some people just never learn. They can be lied to over and over and swallow the same garbage every time.

I get political calls, that's exactly how they come up on the caller ID. Ya know what I do? I don't answer, and then I BLOCK THE #. MILLIONS of other people are doing the same thing. So tell me again, how are these polls accurate?

They're not, period.

The polls correctly predicted that Hillary Clinton would win the national Popular vote in 2016. It was predicted by an average of the polling data that she would win the national popular vote by 3.1%. In the actual results, Hillary Clinton ended up winning the national popular vote by 2.1%.

Going to individual state polling in 2016, polling accurately predicted the winner in 46 out 50 states in 2016. That is an accuracy rate of 92% in 2016.

You won't find any indicator or metric that is more accurate than polling. Is it 100% perfect, no, but its still the most accurate indicator/metric out there.

They're not, period.

The polls correctly predicted that Hillary Clinton would win the national Popular vote in 2016. It was predicted by an average of the polling data that she would win the national popular vote by 3.1%. In the actual results, Hillary Clinton ended up winning the national popular vote by 2.1%.

Going to individual state polling in 2016, polling accurately predicted the winner in 46 out 50 states in 2016. That is an accuracy rate of 92% in 2016.

You won't find any indicator or metric that is more accurate than polling.
The popular vote and $7 will get you a coffee at Starschmucks.

It's match play, not stroke play.....The polls are meaningless.

They're not, period.

Deplorable, you are going to wake up to a very sad reality for you on Nov 4...

1597851783256.png

In the Real Clear Politics Average of the Polls, Clinton trailed Trump at two different points, May 22, 2016 to May 25, 2016 by 0.2%, and July 29, 2016 to July 30, 2016 by 1.2%.

By contrast, Joe Biden has NEVER trailed Trump in the Real Clear Politics average of the polls. Joe Biden has been ahead of Trump every day in the Average of the polls. Joe Biden's weakest margin over Trump was January 13, 2020 to January 18, 2020 when BIDEN led Trump by 4.0%, and January 23, 2020 to January 25, 2020 when BIDEN led Trump by 4.0%.

As of today, BIDEN leads Trump in the Real Clear Politics average of the polls for August 19, 2020 by 7.8%.

What this tells us is that BIDEN is doing significantly better than Clinton against Trump when it comes to national polling.

Clinton was ahead of Trump in the RCP average of national polls on election day by 3.1% and ended up winning the national popular vote by 2.1%

It should be noted that no sitting President has ever been re-elected without winning the popular vote either by a plurality or a majority.
If the polls were honest Trump would be 14 points ahead....last week Biden was 12 ahead now they say he is 4 points ahead....in less than a week Biden dropped 8 points?....just wait until November and shove the polls....

In 2016, polling correctly predicted the winner of the national popular vote and the winner in 46 out of 50 states.

Trump's victory in 2016 was a FLUKE, a rare event unlikely to be repeated for a very long time.

Essentially what your doing by reposting that video is like reposting the video of a 80 yard pass play for a touchdown to win a football game in the final 5 seconds of a game. Sure, it has happened, but its very rare. To always depend on such a scenario in order to win will lead to failure and disappointment.

In 2016, polling correctly predicted the winner of the national popular vote and the winner in 46 out of 50 states.

Trump's victory in 2016 was a FLUKE, a rare event unlikely to be repeated for a very long time.

Essentially what your doing by reposting that video is like reposting the video of a 80 yard pass play for a touchdown to win a football game in the final 5 seconds of a game. Sure, it has happened, but its very rare. To always depend on such a scenario in order to win will lead to failure and disappointment.

As I already pointed out, the game is match play not stroke play....The popular vote is fucking meaningless when you're going to win NY and CA by 20 points.

So stuff that in you pipe and smoke it.

If the polls were honest Trump would be 14 points ahead....last week Biden was 12 ahead now they say he is 4 points ahead....in less than a week Biden dropped 8 points?....just wait until November and shove the polls....

That's individual polls. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE AVERAGE OF THE POLLING DATA TO GET A MORE ACCURATE AND CONSISTENT VIEW.

In the average of the polling data, BIDEN was ahead by 7.5% on August 12, 2019. Today in the Average of the polls, BIDEN is ahead by 7.8%. Understand?

As I already pointed out, the game is match play not stroke play....The popular vote is fucking meaningless when you're going to win NY and CA by 20 points.

That still does not negate the fact that POLLING predicted the winner in 46 out 50 states in 2016! That's a 92% accuracy rate.

They're not, period.

You won't find any indicator or metric that is more accurate than polling.
The popular vote and $7 will get you a coffee at Starschmucks.

It's match play, not stroke play.....The polls are meaningless.

The polls correctly predicted the winner of 46 out of 50 states in 2016. That is a 92% accuracy rate.

That's individual polls. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE AVERAGE OF THE POLLING DATA TO GET A MORE ACCURATE AND CONSISTENT VIEW.

In the average of the polling data, BIDEN was ahead by 7.5% on August 12, 2019. Today in the Average of the polls, BIDEN is ahead by 7.8%. Understand?
There is nothing accurate about the polls....there wasn't in 2016 and there isn't today...until the pollsters realize that 26% of conservatives didn't fall off the face of the earth and begin to sample select fairly they will stay wrong......

There is nothing accurate about the polls....there wasn't in 2016 and there isn't today...until the pollsters realize that 26% of conservatives didn't fall off the face of the earth and begin to sample select fairly they will stay wrong......

The polls accurately predicted the winner in 46 out 50 states in the 2016 election. That is a 92% accuracy rate.

That still does not negate the fact that POLLING predicted the winner in 46 out 50 states in 2016! That's a 92% accuracy rate.

Deflection from the overall point.

The pollsters got the numbers wrong where they most mattered....The odds makers and the media blabbermouths looked like total fools....The end EC vote wasn't even close.

After that, the pre-election polls, with the exception of the '72 blowout, have always skewed in favor of the democrat for as long as I've been paying attention....And RCP is nothing more than an average of deliberately distorted information....GIGO.

You're right. It's over, Biden has it in the bag. You can relax now and cruise the rest of the way

2016 was an epic, once in a lifetime event! Oh wait, it happened in 2004 too ...

2016 was an epic, once in a lifetime event! Oh wait, it happened in 2004 too ...

Wasn't nearly as much emotional attachment to Lurch in '04...That and he wasn't distinguishable from Chimpy Bush in any really meaningful way....A couple of pampered, insipid, Yalie frat boys duking it out....Ho-hum.

But yeah, it was funny to watch Ohio come in and yank the rug out from under him.

Wasn't nearly as much emotional attachment to Lurch in '04...That and he wasn't distinguishable from Chimpy Bush in any really meaningful way....A couple of pampered, insipid, Yalie frat boys duking it out....Ho-hum.

But yeah, it was funny to watch Ohio come in and yank the rug out from under him.

2004 was sad. I voted for Badnarik. I would never have imagined from the 2004 election the candidates would keep getting worse. Obama v. McCain was the worst ever. I voted for Nader that election it was so bad because the Libertarian Party stopped nominating libertarians

Forum List

Back