RBE (Resource Based Economy)

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
Labor is money. It's why we work. To get money, right? Without it, 99.9999999% of us couldn't survive more than a few months. It's how we pay for everything. Rent, mortgage, vehicles, cell phones, food, internet, etc etc. Including taxes. We work, and get taxed for working.
Why? Because that's just the way it is, right? Why is it that way? Because that's just what we all learned growing up. If you wanna have anything, you gotta work for it. The value of our labor is set by those who are also looking to make/save money. They set the value of your labor. If you disagree, then you don't get the job. Someone will agree to the terms set by the employer, regardless of what you think.
Money determines everything about our lives. Including how we think.

A resource based economy revolves around ones labor. The difference is there is no monetary value placed on ones labor. There's value. Plenty of value. More so than there is now. Just no monetary value.
An RBE is a lot like our monetary system, except there's no money. And with no money, comes no taxes.

An RBE system would virtually eliminate unemployment. It would also eliminate a lot of crimes. A ton of divorces. And more than likely a lot of wars.
And since money is the biggest obstacle of new technology & medicine, new inventions and technology would boom faster than we've ever seen.

Of course, there are a few draw backs. But nothing major, IMO.

Everyday, most of us get up and go to work. In an RBE, that wouldn't change. But because there's no money, employers could hire as many employees as needed (not afford). Work days/weeks would become shorter. Meaning more time to enjoy more of our personal lives.

Hard jobs would become easier, because a lot of employers could get equipment that would make jobs easier. Technology would make almost every job easier.

Some of the best "pro's" I can think of with an RBE: (Besides those listed above)
No more "lower end" vehicles or devices. Cheap crap they snap together, because it's cheap enough for the low income people to buy.
Food would not have to be filled with "crap." When I drove a truck, I hauled a lot of chemicals into soda plants that required me to have a hazmat placard. Corrosive 8 and Flammable 3. That went into Pepsi, Coca Cola, Wrigley's candy and many brands of ice cream. Just about anything with flavor in it, will have these chemicals.

Of course, there would still be a need for some government, local, state and federal. As well as police. But when someone is caught doing something bad, they can't just get out of it with money. And IMO, traffic tickets would be minimized to only those that adversely affect other drivers.
Welfare: As it stands, doctors who deem someone disabled, have a monetary gain by doing so. So they tell the disability judge that someone is disabled, when they're truly not. So only those who are truly disabled, will be allowed disability.
And honestly, I believe that jobs would become so easy and stress free, that there'd be almost no reason for a healthy person to work.

This post is just an extremely small part of what an RBE would look like. But the bottom line, it doesn't get any closer to a "free market" economy than an RBE.

Did you start your new years eve drinking, a little early?

Nope. I don't drink.

The concept will happen. Eventually enough people will realize how much we need each other, and how easy it would be to replace GIC (government issued currency.)

How/why 99.99999999999999% of the people on this earth are enslaved by GIC and the very few who control it is a great question.

W.C. Fields said "You can fool some of the people all the time. And all the people some of the time. But you can't fool all the people all the time." He forgot about money.

I can't see how an "RBE" would work except for very small primitive communities. For example how would foreign trade work? You can't do a labor exchange for a tanker full of coffee beans.

I can't see how an "RBE" would work except for very small primitive communities. For example how would foreign trade work? You can't do a labor exchange for a tanker full of coffee beans.

Sure you can. IF the country your trading with is also an RBE. And done a LOT easier than it's being done now.

Sure you can. IF the country your trading with is also an RBE. And done a LOT easier than it's being done now.
How do you exchange labor for a commodity? If we have corn we want to export to a country how would an RBE based trade work?

How do you exchange labor for a commodity? If we have corn we want to export to a country how would an RBE based trade work?

The same way it does now. Except without the money (GIC).

Nothing really changes. People still go to work. Companies still produce goods and services (well, except financial institutions like Wall St. credit card companies and banks)

Literally fucking retarded.
Another person who doesnt think success should be successful.

Why is money equivalent to success?

IMO, there's a lot more than money to success. It's coming up with a cure or some disease, a moon landing, tennis shoes that are comfortable, cell phones, satellite TV, and 1 gazillion other things that were invented that makes everything easier, more convenience of comfy.

And you know what the funny thing about it is? Almost every invention started out with one basic concept. How to make something better. Not "how to make a million $$$$. Money don't come into the equation until afterwards.

When Bill Gates was coming up with his OS, do you think he had profit on his mind? Nope. Not according to him. His idea was to make things better. Same as the guy who invented text messages for cell phones. Or the guy who figured out how to make rubber or penicillin or the anthrax vaccine.

You know, there could be such a thing called the "free market," without money. Don't you?

IMO, there's a lot more than money to success. It's coming up with a cure or some disease, a moon landing, tennis shoes that are comfortable, cell phones, satellite TV, and 1 gazillion other things that were invented that makes everything easier, more convenience of comfy.

And you know what the funny thing about it is? Almost every invention started out with one basic concept. How to make something better. Not "how to make a million $$$$. Money don't come into the equation until afterwards.

When Bill Gates was coming up with his OS, do you think he had profit on his mind? Nope. Not according to him. His idea was to make things better. Same as the guy who invented text messages for cell phones. Or the guy who figured out how to make rubber or penicillin or the anthrax vaccine.

You know, there could be such a thing called the "free market," without money. Don't you?

(pats head)

(pats head)

We are the most advanced species on the planet. Maybe we should start acting like it. Allowing money to dictate almost everything in our lives from cradle to grave, isn't very advanced. Especially when our capabilities are so much greater.

Labor is money. It's why we work. To get money, right? Without it, 99.9999999% of us couldn't survive more than a few months. It's how we pay for everything. Rent, mortgage, vehicles, cell phones, food, internet, etc etc. Including taxes. We work, and get taxed for working.
Why? Because that's just the way it is, right? Why is it that way? Because that's just what we all learned growing up. If you wanna have anything, you gotta work for it. The value of our labor is set by those who are also looking to make/save money. They set the value of your labor. If you disagree, then you don't get the job. Someone will agree to the terms set by the employer, regardless of what you think.
Money determines everything about our lives. Including how we think.

A resource based economy revolves around ones labor. The difference is there is no monetary value placed on ones labor. There's value. Plenty of value. More so than there is now. Just no monetary value.
An RBE is a lot like our monetary system, except there's no money. And with no money, comes no taxes.

An RBE system would virtually eliminate unemployment. It would also eliminate a lot of crimes. A ton of divorces. And more than likely a lot of wars.
And since money is the biggest obstacle of new technology & medicine, new inventions and technology would boom faster than we've ever seen.

Of course, there are a few draw backs. But nothing major, IMO.

Everyday, most of us get up and go to work. In an RBE, that wouldn't change. But because there's no money, employers could hire as many employees as needed (not afford). Work days/weeks would become shorter. Meaning more time to enjoy more of our personal lives.

Hard jobs would become easier, because a lot of employers could get equipment that would make jobs easier. Technology would make almost every job easier.

Some of the best "pro's" I can think of with an RBE: (Besides those listed above)
No more "lower end" vehicles or devices. Cheap crap they snap together, because it's cheap enough for the low income people to buy.
Food would not have to be filled with "crap." When I drove a truck, I hauled a lot of chemicals into soda plants that required me to have a hazmat placard. Corrosive 8 and Flammable 3. That went into Pepsi, Coca Cola, Wrigley's candy and many brands of ice cream. Just about anything with flavor in it, will have these chemicals.

Of course, there would still be a need for some government, local, state and federal. As well as police. But when someone is caught doing something bad, they can't just get out of it with money. And IMO, traffic tickets would be minimized to only those that adversely affect other drivers.
Welfare: As it stands, doctors who deem someone disabled, have a monetary gain by doing so. So they tell the disability judge that someone is disabled, when they're truly not. So only those who are truly disabled, will be allowed disability.
And honestly, I believe that jobs would become so easy and stress free, that there'd be almost no reason for a healthy person to work.

This post is just an extremely small part of what an RBE would look like. But the bottom line, it doesn't get any closer to a "free market" economy than an RBE.

A resource based economy revolves around ones labor. The difference is there is no monetary value placed on ones labor. There's value. Plenty of value.

How would I turn that labor value into food and other resources?

Happens to Republican backed H1B foreigners. They're paid in their own countries currency and rate, given company housing, and food vouchers.

A resource based economy revolves around ones labor. The difference is there is no monetary value placed on ones labor. There's value. Plenty of value.

That's an easy one. Each employer would issue an EVC (Employment Verification Card). When you go to the store for something, instead of a credit or debit card, you'd swipe your EVC. Their computer contacts the company computer and verifies that you're employed.

Your EVC would used for everything you now use money for.

That's an easy one. Each employer would issue an EVC (Employment Verification Card). When you go to the store for something, instead of a credit or debit card, you'd swipe your EVC. Their computer contacts the company computer and verifies that you're employed.

Their computer contacts the company computer and verifies that you're employed.

How does that get my labor value to the store I'm buying from?

When you swipe your EVC at the store, it verifies you're employed. Which means you get what you want. You labor paid for it.
The people that work at the grocery store, and everyone else, does the same exact thing. Everyone does, as long as they work.
BTW, to understand this better, we have to go a little deeper. Because there is no money, there is no welfare. With the exception of those that are actually disabled and too old to work. But that's ok. Because with no money involved, companies can hire as many employee's as they need. Instead of how many they can afford.
Which means jobs get easier and less time consuming of our personal lives.

When you swipe your EVC at the store, it verifies you're employed. Which means you get what you want. You labor paid for it.
The people that work at the grocery store, and everyone else, does the same exact thing. Everyone does, as long as they work.
BTW, to understand this better, we have to go a little deeper. Because there is no money, there is no welfare. With the exception of those that are actually disabled and too old to work. But that's ok. Because with no money involved, companies can hire as many employee's as they need. Instead of how many they can afford.
Which means jobs get easier and less time consuming of our personal lives.

Right. But how does my labor at Company "B" get value to the store?

Because with no money involved, companies can hire as many employee's as they need.

How does the store I buy groceries from know that I'm actually working, producing value, at my employer?

Because with no money involved, companies can hire as many employee's as they need.

How does the store I buy groceries from know that I'm actually working, producing value, at my employer?

I think I understand what you're asking. But you're missing the point. Sorry if I'm not good at explaining this. There is no monetary value on labor, in an RBE. In fact, there's no monetary value in anything anymore.

1. With the EVC, you're labor is valued everywhere. Why? Because the people who run the stores, their labor is valued everywhere also. And all the places they get their products, their employees labor is valued everywhere. There's no longer a price on your value. You're labor value is the same as everyone else's. Think of it as we're all owners of what we produce and what everyone else produces.
Let's say for example: You go to a car dealership and pick out a brand new car. Swipe your EVC, and away you go. The people at the dealership can do the same thing. The truckers who bring the cars, they can do it too. As well as all the people who build the cars. And the people who build the machines that go into a cars manufacturing plants. And so forth and so on. And it's the same in every industry or service.

The grocery store doesn't "buy" anything. They just order it. Nothing cost money, in an RBE.

Let's face it, money is created out of thin air, by punching some digits into a computer at the Fed. Res. The ONLY value it has, is what people will do (labor) to get it. Sometimes, too many times, the more to you, the less you get.
For example: a ditch digger will work much harder than a retail clerk. But their monetary value is about the same But a banker might to twice as less as the ditch digger, but his pay with be 100 times more. IMO, this is ridiculous. Simply because we all need each other. Directly or indirectly.
Example: There's a guy in south America who extracts sap from a rubber tree. You don't need that guy, right? Until you need some new tires or a good garden hose. Then you not only need him, but you need the people who made his bucket, his work truck. The people who build the boats the sap is transported on. All the people in the rubber plant. The people who built the rubber plant and all the things in it. All the way down to the local tire shop.
Fact is, we all need each other. The question is, how can we still be so stupid to charge each other? Because other charge us? What if they didn't charge us, and we just went to work and continued doing what we're already going to do, without charging or being charged.

I think I understand what you're asking. But you're missing the point. Sorry if I'm not good at explaining this. There is no monetary value on labor, in an RBE. In fact, there's no monetary value in anything anymore.

1. With the EVC, you're labor is valued everywhere. Why? Because the people who run the stores, their labor is valued everywhere also. And all the places they get their products, their employees labor is valued everywhere. There's no longer a price on your value. You're labor value is the same as everyone else's. Think of it as we're all owners of what we produce and what everyone else produces.
Let's say for example: You go to a car dealership and pick out a brand new car. Swipe your EVC, and away you go. The people at the dealership can do the same thing. The truckers who bring the cars, they can do it too. As well as all the people who build the cars. And the people who build the machines that go into a cars manufacturing plants. And so forth and so on. And it's the same in every industry or service.

The grocery store doesn't "buy" anything. They just order it. Nothing cost money, in an RBE.

Let's face it, money is created out of thin air, by punching some digits into a computer at the Fed. Res. The ONLY value it has, is what people will do (labor) to get it. Sometimes, too many times, the more to you, the less you get.
For example: a ditch digger will work much harder than a retail clerk. But their monetary value is about the same But a banker might to twice as less as the ditch digger, but his pay with be 100 times more. IMO, this is ridiculous. Simply because we all need each other. Directly or indirectly.
Example: There's a guy in south America who extracts sap from a rubber tree. You don't need that guy, right? Until you need some new tires or a good garden hose. Then you not only need him, but you need the people who made his bucket, his work truck. The people who build the boats the sap is transported on. All the people in the rubber plant. The people who built the rubber plant and all the things in it. All the way down to the local tire shop.
Fact is, we all need each other. The question is, how can we still be so stupid to charge each other? Because other charge us? What if they didn't charge us, and we just went to work and continued doing what we're already going to do, without charging or being charged.

I think I understand what you're asking. But you're missing the point.

And your non-answers aren't helping.

There is no monetary value on labor, in an RBE. In fact, there's no monetary value in anything anymore.

Sweet!

I'll take a 2020 Mustang and a 12 room house on 3 acres.
Make that 3 Mustangs, a red one, a white one and a blue one.

So why is the rancher raising all those cattle? It's a lot of hard work.
But a banker might to twice as less as the ditch digger, but his pay with be 100 times more. IMO, this is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous?

And everyone along that chain is happy to accept US dollars

And your non-answers aren't helping.

I understand my answers in my head. Putting them down here is a different story. I apologized once for it.

Sweet!

I'll take a 2020 Mustang and a 12 room house on 3 acres.
Make that 3 Mustangs, a red one, a white one and a blue one.

Great. That means the people who build the Mustangs will have job security and keep working.
BTW, Our current monetary system has a lot of greed built into it. "Black Friday" being a good example. At first, I think people would do just as your saying, go get more than they need or really want. But the joy of having a yard full of Lamborghinis, that are worth no money, wouldn't last long. Pretty soon, you'd be looking to give them away. And of course, no one would want them, because everyone would have them.

So why is the rancher raising all those cattle? It's a lot of hard work.

Ranchers hard work, at least a lot of it, stems from being conservative with his money, so that he can make a monetary profit. Without the restraints that money creates, all jobs would become easier. Especially with the boom of technology that would occur.

Why is it ridiculous?

For the simple fact that there's a lot more physical labor involved in digging ditches than anything in banking.
And everyone along that chain is happy to accept US dollars

LMAO.. Don't make it sound like everyone along those lines are making big bucks. Because it's not that way. Someone in South America is lucky to make $5 to $10 per day. The guy who mounts your tires, here in the USA, is lucky to be getting $10 to $15 hr. Depending on where you live. Around here, they'll get no more than $10hr. Which is a poverty wage. They're happy if they can make all the bills and still afford a few Christmas presents for the kiddo's.

Forum List

Back