Ray Nagin Inserts Foot In Mouth - Again

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Ray Nagin is nearly as good as Howie Dean wehn it comes to making a total ass of himself.

When asked why the rebuilding of New orleans is taking so long, Nagin takes a cheap shot at 9-11 rebuilding.

The people of New Orleans must be very proud to have this idiot as their Mayor.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1110AP_Attacks_Nagin_Comment.html
Nagin takes swipe at NYC 9-11 rebuilding

By COLLEEN LONG
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin speaks during the opening of a center in Houston Tuesday, Aug. 22, 2006, dedicated to helping New Orleans residents displaced by last year's Hurricane Katrina return home. (AP Photo/Pat Sullivan)
NEW YORK -- New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin criticized efforts to redevelop the World Trade Center site when confronted in a television interview about delays in rebuilding his city after Hurricane Katrina.

During the "60 minutes" interview, a correspondent pointed out flood-damaged cars still on the streets of New Orleans' devastated Ninth Ward. Nagin replied, "You guys in New York can't get a hole in the ground fixed, and it's five years later. So let's be fair," according to CBS.

The program is scheduled to air Sunday night. Text and a video clip from the Nagin piece were posted on CBS' Web site Thursday.

The chairman of the Lower Manhattan Development Corp., the agency created to oversee the rebuilding of the World Trade Center site and downtown Manhattan, said that tremendous progress has been made in lower Manhattan, with the Freedom Tower, a transportation hub and a memorial to the nearly 3,000 attack victims under construction.

"We understand how difficult rebuilding a city after such destruction can be," chairman Kevin Rampe said in a statement.

Nagin, known for his blunt style, is not the first to compare the two cities. New Orleans residents frequently complain that the federal government's response after Katrina has been far more sluggish than it was after the Sept. 11 attacks.

Ray Nagin is nearly as good as Howie Dean wehn it comes to making a total ass of himself.

When asked why the rebuilding of New orleans is taking so long, Nagin takes a cheap shot at 9-11 rebuilding.

The people of New Orleans must be very proud to have this idiot as their Mayor.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1110AP_Attacks_Nagin_Comment.html
Nagin takes swipe at NYC 9-11 rebuilding

By COLLEEN LONG
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin speaks during the opening of a center in Houston Tuesday, Aug. 22, 2006, dedicated to helping New Orleans residents displaced by last year's Hurricane Katrina return home. (AP Photo/Pat Sullivan)
NEW YORK -- New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin criticized efforts to redevelop the World Trade Center site when confronted in a television interview about delays in rebuilding his city after Hurricane Katrina.

During the "60 minutes" interview, a correspondent pointed out flood-damaged cars still on the streets of New Orleans' devastated Ninth Ward. Nagin replied, "You guys in New York can't get a hole in the ground fixed, and it's five years later. So let's be fair," according to CBS.

The program is scheduled to air Sunday night. Text and a video clip from the Nagin piece were posted on CBS' Web site Thursday.

The chairman of the Lower Manhattan Development Corp., the agency created to oversee the rebuilding of the World Trade Center site and downtown Manhattan, said that tremendous progress has been made in lower Manhattan, with the Freedom Tower, a transportation hub and a memorial to the nearly 3,000 attack victims under construction.

"We understand how difficult rebuilding a city after such destruction can be," chairman Kevin Rampe said in a statement.

Nagin, known for his blunt style, is not the first to compare the two cities. New Orleans residents frequently complain that the federal government's response after Katrina has been far more sluggish than it was after the Sept. 11 attacks.

Ray Nagin is a fucking fool...............but completely represenative of Demos as a whole.

the difference is that the 3k+ people that died on 9/11 were not told for days to leave or evacuate. they were hit unexpectedly.

Orleans residents had plenty of warning and most still chose to stay there.

Terrorist attacks were human-utilized. hurricanes are of nature. Ground zero still has a lot of work to be done to set the frame work and iron sets for the new building-different than a store or house. It doesn't take as much much to throw together a few 2x4's and some shingles on a sinkhole that the people there have been told is continuing to sink.

the difference is that the 3k+ people that died on 9/11 were not told for days to leave or evacuate. they were hit unexpectedly.

Orleans residents had plenty of warning and most still chose to stay there.

Terrorist attacks were human-utilized. hurricanes are of nature. Ground zero still has a lot of work to be done to set the frame work and iron sets for the new building-different than a store or house. It doesn't take as much much to throw together a few 2x4's and some shingles on a sinkhole that the people there have been told is continuing to sink.

Oh no. That's all a failing of the Bush administration, remember? The fact that Mayor Ray did little more than stick his thumb in his butt and point a finger at the federal government is beside the point. Just ask Kanye West. :poop:

New Orleans residents frequently complain that the federal government's response after Katrina has been far more sluggish than it was after the Sept. 11 attacks.

This is the part of that article that disturbs me. Since when is it the Federal Governments "responsibility" to offer aid in the face of a natural disaster. I understand the city was destroyed, but it sits in the middle of a high risk for hurricanes zone. 9/11 was a planned attack from an outside enemy. Katrina was a weather anamoly. Comparing 9/11 to Katrina is like comparing apples to oranges. If the thugs hadn't been shooting each other over TV's and potato chips, the national guard could have gotten into N.O. faster. Were the citizens of NY shooting at rescue workers? As much as I love the French Quarter, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the "Chocolate City" melted into the Mississippi river.

Someone needs to ask ole Ray Boy why so many people have not returned to NO. Could it be because it’s a shit hole run by a bunch of chocolate crooks, and they have found a better place to live, Ray?

Ray tells it like he sees it. Of course he's looking out his navel 'cause his head is so far up his backside. If he weren't A. Black, B. A Democrat, the MSM would tear him a near periscope to peer out of.

This is the part of that article that disturbs me. Since when is it the Federal Governments "responsibility" to offer aid in the face of a natural disaster. I understand the city was destroyed, but it sits in the middle of a high risk for hurricanes zone. 9/11 was a planned attack from an outside enemy. Katrina was a weather anamoly. Comparing 9/11 to Katrina is like comparing apples to oranges. If the thugs hadn't been shooting each other over TV's and potato chips, the national guard could have gotten into N.O. faster. Were the citizens of NY shooting at rescue workers? As much as I love the French Quarter, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the "Chocolate City" melted into the Mississippi river.

The liberal media is gearing up for a week of Bush bashing.

Also, another storm may hit the area. We will see how Nagin and Blanco handle this one.

Nagin could have tempered his response to a stupid question. If some asshole asked me why my city was not back together, after a mini amegedon hit, I would have worded my response differently. I would have said,

" if you can show me where the funds are, and (not the flybynight ripoff artists)the real craftsmen/tradesmen are who are willing to work in a devistated area under adverse conditions, I would be willing to personally prod the work eff ort along. But, building materials are scarce, and very expensive during the tail end of a building boom. And, other equally damaged areas in the South have put a demand on help, money, and material too. So, considering this devisted area is perhaps many hundreds of square miles, I would hope people could understand the slow progress. And, thank you for your personal contribution to our rebuild effort, any more STUPID QUESTIONS DICKHEAD??"

Unfortunately, Ray let his emotions get the best of him. He is on the right track to notice, maybe not a good example to compare to however, that the relatively small area damaged in NYC (campared to New Orleans), is still not whole yet. NYC has the advantage of some funding sources, and a relatively good supply of Mob run construction companies who CAN get the work done if the final price is right..... Just got to remind ourselves what whe are doing in that area and why:blues: :gang1:

Nagin could have tempered his response to a stupid question. If some asshole asked me why my city was not back together, after a mini amegedon hit, I would have worded my response differently. I would have said,

" if you can show me where the funds are, and (not the flybynight ripoff artists)the real craftsmen/tradesmen are who are willing to work in a devistated area under adverse conditions, I would be willing to personally prod the work eff ort along. But, building materials are scarce, and very expensive during the tail end of a building boom. And, other equally damaged areas in the South have put a demand on help, money, and material too. So, considering this devisted area is perhaps many hundreds of square miles, I would hope people could understand the slow progress. And, thank you for your personal contribution to our rebuild effort, any more STUPID QUESTIONS DICKHEAD??"

Unfortunately, Ray let his emotions get the best of him. He is on the right track to notice, maybe not a good example to compare to however, that the relatively small area damaged in NYC (campared to New Orleans), is still not whole yet. NYC has the advantage of some funding sources, and a relatively good supply of Mob run construction companies who CAN get the work done if the final price is right..... Just got to remind ourselves what whe are doing in that area and why:blues: :gang1:

The slow progress is due to the local pols like Ray and the gov trying to figure out how best to work the usual Louisiana graft machine. NYC was ATTACKED and the memorial took some time to reach concensus on before any construction. New Orleans was/is a cesspool of welfare government dependents who lived entirely, for generations, off of the government largesse. These folks were not homeowners but a permanent rental population living in squallor. What the problem is that the absentee home owners have gotten the insurance check and have no desire to rebuild. New Orleans will NEVER, thank goodness, return to its previous state. The welfare recipients, much to their surprise, discovered the checks keep coming even if you don't live in New Orleans. Why move back? The rental homes they lived in are gone, they are not about to have the resources to build their own homes, and Uncle Sam just keeps up the money machine. Hallelujah brother!!

New Orleans really should have been a poor minority paradise.

Think about it. From the Mayor to the city counsil to the Governor were all Democrates. The reason the poor minorities are in such trouble, according to them, is because to many Republicans just don't care enough to help out.

This wasn't a depressed city. It had tourism, wealthy, middleclass and poor all living in close quarters. So why were the public schools in so much trouble that receptionists were sending their kids to private school? Why did the democrates, who preach helping out the poor, let the city go downhill so far???????????????????? That's the real question here.:blowup:

Forum List

Back