Rasmussen: The Honorable Ron Paul Polls Even With Obama for 2012

Haha, I remember my roomate was telling me about this a couple of days ago and he was very excited. I personally like Ron Paul, I feel like at least he's honest (his views are actually coherent with one another). I always remember one of the republican debates when he was correctly saying that it was the US's historical imperialist policy in the middle east which was causing most of the problems there, and all the other candidates' jaws just DROPPED. "Oh my God! Dr. Paul! How dare you?!" It was very funny. Anyway, I like a lot of the stuff he says, like these:

Wikipedial said:
In an October 11, 2007 interview with The Washington Post, Paul said, "There's nobody in this world that could possibly attack us today... I mean, we could defend this country with a few good submarines. If anybody dared touch us we could wipe any country off of the face of the earth within hours. And here we are, so intimidated and so insecure and we're acting like such bullies that we have to attack third-world nations that have no military and have no weapon."[...]

Paul was the only 2008 Republican presidential candidate to have objected to and voted against the Iraq War Resolution,[16][17] and continues to oppose U.S. presence in Iraq, charging the government with using the War on Terror to curtail civil liberties. [...]

During the 2003 invasion, he found himself "annoyed by the evangelicals being so supportive of pre-emptive war, which seems to contradict everything that [he] was taught as a Christian". [...]

During the 2009 Gaza War, Paul addressed Congress to voice his staunch opposition to the House's proposed resolution supporting Israel's actions. He stated: "Madame Speaker, I strongly oppose H. Res. 34, which was rushed to the floor with almost no prior notice and without consideration by the House Foreign Affairs Committee. The resolution clearly takes one side in a conflict that has nothing to do with the United States or US interests. I am concerned that the weapons currently being used by Israel against the Palestinians in Gaza are made in America and paid for by American taxpayers." [...]

In 2000, Paul voted to end trade restrictions on Cuba. [...]

Calling the September 11, 2001, attacks an act of "air piracy," Paul introduced the Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001. Letters of marque and reprisal, authorized by article I, section 8 of the Constitution, would have targeted specific terrorist suspects, instead of invoking war against a foreign state. [...]

Paul broke with his party by voting against the PATRIOT Act in 2001; he also voted against its 2005 enactment.[156] He has said, "Everything we have done in response to the 9-11 attacks, from the Patriot Act to the war in Iraq, has reduced freedom in America." [...]

"For federal purposes I no longer believe in the death penalty. I believe it has been issued unjustly. If you're rich, you get away with it; if you're poor and you're from the inner city you're more likely to be prosecuted and convicted," [...]

Paul contends that prohibition of drugs is ineffective and advocates ending the War on Drugs.[236][237][238] "Prohibition doesn’t work. Prohibition causes crime."

Paul has joined prominent liberal Democrats in urging that states be allowed to permit farmers to grow industrial hemp, which currently is defined as a controlled substance

Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then while I disagree with almost all his social and economic positions, I guess he does have the whole states' rights thing so that each state can pick one or the other (that's a kinda cool thing, that he has disagreeable convictions but that he wouldn't use the federal government to shove those positions down everyone's throats, though it could still have bad effects). The one thing that is truly alarming (though obviously not surprising) is the whole withdrawal from the UN bit, but hey you can't have it all. I still very much doubt that he'll ever get either the nomination or even less the presidency. Besides, what's he gonna be in 2012? 80? I don't see it happening, no matter what the poll numbers are, the establishment would never back him.

I saw the title and thought oh damn, here comes another one of those crazy internet polls off somebody's website.

I completely ignored the Rasmussen at the beginning (guess I read it to fast).

Wow! That is really good news to hear. Maybe there's hope for this country after all. My big concern for Paul is that he's getting up there in age. Which is why I thought maybe Gary Johnson was a better GOP "Ron Paul-like" candidate to run, plus he's the former governor of Arizona which is a pretty nice thing to have on your resume.

But no, I really like this, this is actually pretty good. I'm excited and I know the establishment of both parties have got to be ready to jump off the nearest bridge to them right now.

Thanks for the post! It's about time I have something regarding world events to smile at.

I like what Ron has to say on the war, and military.
After that, I don't agree with too much of what he has to say.

w0w...........I think back to just 15 short months ago. The k00ks were on top of the world and 100% certain that the country had moved permanently to the far left. Even I have to admit.........things looked rather bleak!!

Who the hell could have possibly guessed that the entire country would do a 180 in just a years time??? Who kneeeeeeeeeeeeew???!!!!!!!!

Well actually, this guy predicted it in February of 2009. Even I thought it was a bit of a stretch. Somebody asked Limbaugh the other day if he was suprised how far Obama had fallen in the polls...............

rush.jpg

I saw the title and thought oh damn, here comes another one of those crazy internet polls off somebody's website.

Wow! That is really good news to hear. Maybe there's hope for this country after all. My big concern for Paul is that he's getting up there in age. Which is why I thought maybe Gary Johnson was a better GOP "Ron Paul-like" candidate to run, plus he's the former governor of Arizona which is a pretty nice thing to have on your resume.

But no, I really like this, this is actually pretty good. I'm excited and I know the establishment of both parties have got to be ready to jump off the nearest bridge to them right now.

Thanks for the post! It's about time I have something regarding world events to smile at.

don't be too hard on yourself. 1) there are already multiple threads on this. 2) on the same day, rasmussen also had obama at 50% approval rating.

these people were saying ron paul would win the repub nomination, too.

thankfully, he got what? 2% 6%

:lol:

Gary E. Johnson in 2012?

We shall see.

This is great news but i wish they wouldn't use the term 'Maverick.' That handle already belongs to that Neocon guy. Dr. Paul has to be careful he doesn't allow himself to be used by the Liberal Press the way that other guy was. The CNN's,NBC's,and NY Times love to promote any Republican who criticizes their own party. Anytime the Liberal Press needed an interview with a Republican criticizing the Republicans,they would just give a call to their old "Maverick" buddy John McCain. They used & abused the poor guy. Where was the same Liberal Press when he needed them in the Presidential Election? He went from "Good ole Maverick" to "The Devil" in a flash with the same Liberal Press. They sure did turn on the poor guy huh? I'm a big Ron Paul fan but i don't want to see him get used the way McCain was. So lets steer clear of that 'Maverick' label. This is a fantastic & surprising poll result though. Rock On Dr. Paul!

I have a feeling David Duke would poll even with Obama at this point. It says a lot more about Obama than it does about the failed Ron Paul and his happy band of kooks.

I have a feeling David Duke would poll even with Obama at this point. It says a lot more about Obama than it does about the failed Ron Paul and his happy band of kooks.

Americans are for the most part spoiled children. If they lose thier toys or missbehave they whine to anyone that will listen how they have been wronged.

Obama has been given the role of the cruel parent charged with cleaning up the mess left behind by his thoughtless fllock.

Fact is ...these brats he is trying to provide a future for can never be satisfied. If I were him I would look hard at the tactics of the woman that sent her homicidal adopted russian packing with a one way ticket back to wonderfull Romania. Let the ungrateful little fucks wallow in thier own shit.

What the "poll" says is little about Obama and plenty about the unworthy americans that can't find thier own bootstraps and obstruct anyone with a usefull plan or attitude.

Last edited:

Can you believe that there are stupid dumb asses who still love individual liberty? Where did the government schools go wrong?

Obama has been given the role of the cruel parent charged with cleaning up the mess left behind by his thoughtless fllock..

True that he inherited a huge mess. But he is compounding the problem, not fixing it.

.:eek:

That is a fair question. What seems to be lacking is a truly honest and fair assessment.

The facts are all out there on what happened what lead up to and what the situation was as Obama took the reigns. What I never see is someone stepping up with how the economy would have been better handled. OK how about you? Would you have let AIG..etc... fail? What do you think our shape would be today if the whole world economy crashed? What would unemployment be now if banking was irrepairebly damaged? Can you concieve of the caos if that happened? Can we agree that would be an unthinkable situation? So what would you have done better if it was in your hands? Please be specific and honest.

Of course, some are more willing than others to choose a man who would side with Christianity with real Libertarianism.

don't be too hard on yourself. 1) there are already multiple threads on this. 2) on the same day, rasmussen also had obama at 50% approval rating.

these people were saying ron paul would win the repub nomination, too.

thankfully, he got what? 2% 6%

:lol:

Could you show us where Rasmussen said Ron Paul was going to win the Republican nomination?

Welcome Back Ron Paul...

Looking forward to you being the GOP nominee in 2012......then we can see how Rassmussens 41% holds up

Forum List

Back