Rasmussen: Rand Paul's lead falls 17 points to just 8

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Election 2010: Kentucky Senate - Rasmussen Reports

Just after his big Republican Primary win last month, Rand Paul led his Democratic opponent Jack Conway by 25 points in Kentucky’s U.S. Senate race. Now Paul’s lead is down to just eight points.

Now, however, Paul holds a much smaller advantage. The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey finds the GOP nominee with support from 49% of the state’s voters while Conway earns 41% of the vote. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided.

Just after his big Republican Primary win last month, Rand Paul led his Democratic opponent Jack Conway by 25 points in Kentucky’s U.S. Senate race. Now Paul’s lead is down to just eight points.
Now, however, Paul holds a much smaller advantage. The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey finds the GOP nominee with support from 49% of the state’s voters while Conway earns 41% of the vote. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided.

Almost all candidates receive a bounce following a big victory and Paul clearly lost his post-primary bounce. But he added to the decline by quickly stumbling out of the gate in an interview on MSNBC. During the interview, he discussed reasons for opposing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and was immediately hit with charges of racism. Seventy-three percent (73%) of Kentucky voters say they have followed news reports about his comments on MSNBC, including 39% who have followed Very Closely.

Fifty-seven percent (57%) of Kentucky voters now have a favorable opinion of Paul, down from 69% percent in the previous survey. Thirty-eight percent (38%) view him unfavorably, and five percent (5%) have no opinion.

Interestingly, most of those who have followed the story Very Closely support Paul, suggesting they don’t consider it that big a deal. But 76% of those who consider the comments Very Important to how they will vote now favor Conway.

Paul’s primary victory was credited in large part to support from so-called Tea Party voters. Thirty-one percent (31%) of voters in Kentucky consider themselves part of the Tea Party movement. That's double the national average. Fifty-three percent (53%) in the state say the movement is good for America, but 24% disagree.

Thoughts USMB? How close will it get?

I disagreed with the polls when they first showed him with a huge lead, and I certainly do not trust them now. However, if the Democratic opponent can ever get Mitch McConnell's dick out of Rand Paul's mouth and let him yap some more, I believe it could be a VERY close race.

I thought Paul's comments about civil rights were going to be a game changer. Not because those comments don't play in Kentucky, but because it means his opponent would start to get a lot of out of state donations.

well sheesh, which is it?

Rasmussen is good or not.? I hear so much here about how they are not to be trusted.

I guess it is when it used against a Republican.:lol:

well sheesh, which is it?

Rasmussen is good or not.? I hear so much here about how they are not to be trusted.

I guess it is when it used against a Republican.:lol:

Every poll but Rasmussen has had this race close for awhile now. Rasmussen is just finally catching up.

It is only June...

Both candidates have ample opportunity to fuck things up before November. My money is on Rand Paul fucking up worse

It is only June...

Both candidates have ample opportunity to fuck things up before November. My money is on Rand Paul fucking up worse

What I'm wondering is whether Rand will play it safe and basically give nothing but safe interviews until November or will he challenge himself again?

Wonder if the candidates got any debates in the future.

No offense, but these "Poll" threads, be it you, or Sinatra, or Crude Frank, or rdean, are a bore.

Who gives a hairy rats ass what some old people with land lines think in June. Holy Moly, do we have another 6 months of how many points so and so is for the week?

Just saying. :eusa_whistle:

Election 2010: Kentucky Senate - Rasmussen Reports

Almost all candidates receive a bounce following a big victory and Paul clearly lost his post-primary bounce. But he added to the decline by quickly stumbling out of the gate in an interview on MSNBC. During the interview, he discussed reasons for opposing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and was immediately hit with charges of racism. Seventy-three percent (73%) of Kentucky voters say they have followed news reports about his comments on MSNBC, including 39% who have followed Very Closely.

Fifty-seven percent (57%) of Kentucky voters now have a favorable opinion of Paul, down from 69% percent in the previous survey. Thirty-eight percent (38%) view him unfavorably, and five percent (5%) have no opinion.

Interestingly, most of those who have followed the story Very Closely support Paul, suggesting they don’t consider it that big a deal. But 76% of those who consider the comments Very Important to how they will vote now favor Conway.

Paul’s primary victory was credited in large part to support from so-called Tea Party voters. Thirty-one percent (31%) of voters in Kentucky consider themselves part of the Tea Party movement. That's double the national average. Fifty-three percent (53%) in the state say the movement is good for America, but 24% disagree.

Thoughts USMB? How close will it get?

Yeah I have a thought..

Never underestimate the power of the race card.

No offense, but these "Poll" threads, be it you, or Sinatra, or Crude Frank, or rdean, are a bore.

Who gives a hairy rats ass what some old people with land lines think in June. Holy Moly, do we have another 6 months of how many points so and so is for the week?

ok, if the rat's ass were shaven, would you give it?

Nope, but I would put it in the USMB Freak Show!

Nope, but I would put it in the USMB Freak Show!

along with Newbarf?

I thought Paul's comments about civil rights were going to be a game changer. Not because those comments don't play in Kentucky, but because it means his opponent would start to get a lot of out of state donations.

Its not the Civil Rights Act, its whenever he talks. I mean working class people don't like to hear that he wants to remove many worker protections. No sane person wants to hear that Rand wants to get rid of the DEA, CIA, FBI and DHLS. He comes off as a nut and I think it will be apparent when he loses that KY are sane people.:eek:

xotoxi-albums-pictures-3-picture1356-pole-trending-down.gif
xotoxi-albums-pictures-3-picture1355-pole-trending-up.gif

Its not the Civil Rights Act, its whenever he talks. I mean working class people don't like to hear that he wants to remove many worker protections. No sane person wants to hear that Rand wants to get rid of the DEA, CIA, FBI and DHLS. He comes off as a nut and I think it will be apparent when he loses that KY are sane people.:eek:

Don't bet on Kentiuckians sanity. We went Bush, Bush, Palin on the last 3 presidential elections.

Don't bet on Kentiuckians sanity. We went Bush, Bush, Palin on the last 3 presidential elections.

I didn't know Palin was running for president.

I didn't know Palin was running for president.

I'm sure he meant McCain, but Palin is a better buzz word.

Forum List

Back