Rape in prison.

luchitociencia

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2019
Watching TV I saw Steven Seagal acting as a police guy who finally caught the bad dude, and in his babbling foretelling the future of the criminal, told him that he will be raped inside jail.

Not only in movies but also in several places, it is practically taken for granted that inmates will be raped, specially the ones who are child molesters, pederasts, and similar.

I have read comments by hundreds in online news sites, which allow comments after the article, and all of the participants were even happy with the idea of a child rapist to be also raped in jail.

This scenario, if it's true, then is showing great failures in the design of the Judicial system.

I would like to know if this is really happening in jail or if this is just propaganda made by movie makers in order to add "flavor" to their films.

But, if this act of rape to inmates is true, then

1)- why authorities condone it by showing indifference? and
2)- why people outside is even "happy" about it?

Watching TV I saw Steven Seagal acting as a police guy who finally caught the bad dude, and in his babbling foretelling the future of the criminal, told him that he will be raped inside jail.

Not only in movies but also in several places, it is practically taken for granted that inmates will be raped, specially the ones who are child molesters, pederasts, and similar.

I have read comments by hundreds in online news sites, which allow comments after the article, and all of the participants were even happy with the idea of a child rapist to be also raped in jail.

This scenario, if it's true, then is showing great failures in the design of the Judicial system.

I would like to know if this is really happening in jail or if this is just propaganda made by movie makers in order to add "flavor" to their films.

I would like to know if this is really happening in jail

it is.

If discovered, the rapist is punished, usually by time in segregation, sometimes in a court proceeding.

In prisons it happens, but not as much as is being portrayed. The prison authorities don't condone this behavior, however the chance of charging another prisoner with a rape charge depends on one thing, in the large majority of cases, the inmate victim has to report it happened. It will be investigated and the suspect inmate will face discipline under the inmate rules, and possibly prosecution by the local prosecutor (if the DA's Office is willing to spend money from their budget on prosecuting someone already in prison).

As a general rule inmate rape does not in county jails, not that it can't happen. In 7 years working in a California county jail we never had a case of it either stopped by an officer or reported to staff by an inmate.

High-risk inmates are usually held in protective custody, a very restrictive area. But it happens.

As a general rule inmate rape does not in county jails, not that it can't happen. In 7 years working in a California county jail we never had a case of it either stopped by an officer or reported to staff by an inmate.

In California, I saw on TV where they keep the homosexual prisoners in a separate pod- which pretty much eliminate the possibility of sodomy among the men.

Further, this issue has received a lot of publicity, and most guys that go into the joint know in advance not to drop the soap in the showers for obvious reason.

I would like to know if this is really happening in jail

it is.

If discovered, the rapist is punished, usually by time in segregation, sometimes in a court proceeding.
Not so. As far as the OP, does he really get his "news" from Steven Seagall?

In California, I saw on TV where they keep the homosexual prisoners in a separate pod- which pretty much eliminate the possibility of sodomy among the men.

Further, this issue has received a lot of publicity, and most guys that go into the joint know in advance not to drop the soap in the showers for obvious reason.
So you don't think the bull queers will rape the other queers? lol. Where I worked they did not have community showers.

Not so. As far as the OP, does he really get his "news" from Steven Seagall?

I was pointing what the entertainment media shows and what people giving opinions online express about raping inmates in jail.

I asked if this is really happening in jail, and if this is real, then there is a failure in the system and indifference by part of the authorities.

And the answers here are saying that there are penalties for rapists inside jail, then it is not condoned by authorities but just a movie script used in several films.

However, what is not clear but obviously weird, is the opinions given by posters making comments about child molesters going to jail, wishing for them to be raped inside. And as I have mentioned before, they even seem to be happy if such rape should happen.

This indicate that the ones wishing such act against the physical integrity of the inmate practically can't see that rape is rape, and that their approval for this to happen to inmates is also opening the approval for them of raping someone in the street, in a house, in a park.

I guess many comments from them are just lose words people make to express their rejection to the child molester and others, that they really don't mean what they say.

This is the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/PLAW-108publ79/pdf/PLAW-108publ79.pdf

You can look for further information below.
Office of Justice Programs

Raping a child has harmed that child for life. So, people online and in the real world have no problem with saying that..........in an eye for an eye fashion.

I spent a week in jail.
Two inmates spent the week fucking in their cell. The guards knew about it. It was an open secret.
The rest of the day room filled room of inmates went without sex.

Authorities don't care, because the public doesn't care. If the public cared, they would stop such from happening.

That said, I don't know how much of these movies, are all that accurate to reality. The whole dropping the soap in the shower routine, is almost is basically a running gag.

I actually have some extended family that did time in prison. They said there was no raping going on. That's one guy, in one prison. So I don't assume this is universally true.

Lastly, I am not happy about it. Not happy at all.

In fact, I'm very unhappy with the entire thing...... rapists should not be getting raped in prison. Rapists should be buried in the ground, along with child abusers, pedophiles, murderers, and so on.

This idea that doing something evil, to another evil person, is ok because it is poetic justices... no. It's not. It's just allowing more evil.

What is justice, is putting a bullet between his eyes, and covering his wooden box with dirt. That is justice, and that is what should be happening.

Raping a child has harmed that child for life. So, people online and in the real world have no problem with saying that..........in an eye for an eye fashion.
Yes, PREA as they they refer to it, is very serious business. Corrections staff have to act immediately if an offender tells they they fear the may be sexually assaulted or face serious consequences.

Of course I always referred to PREA as the Prison Retard Elimination Act. It was to be used on staff.

Corrections staff do care if for no other reason that should they have knowledge a rape occurred or was to occur and did nothing they'll be the ones facing more heat than they'd want.

Most staff are taught in training about a Section 242 violation:

Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law -
Summary:

• Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
    For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. Persons acting under color of law within the meaning of this statute include police officers, prisons guards and other law enforcement officials, as well as judges, care providers in public health facilities, and others who are acting as public officials. It is not necessary that the crime be motivated by animus toward the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the victim.

The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.

Yes, PREA as they they refer to it, is very serious business. Corrections staff have to act immediately if an offender tells they they fear the may be sexually assaulted or face serious consequences.

Of course I always referred to PREA as the Prison Retard Elimination Act. It was to be used on staff.

Yep, it's real serious. What I do not take any value from are surveys because people are like.......well, that right there is the truth. That's not good research and especially with the implementation of PREA. The surveys allow anybody to make whatever claims they want and nobody remembers that it is often over/under reported.

Convicted child rapists should be executed.

Forum List

Back