Rangel: An Attack on Bush is an attack on all Americans (Merged)

JeffWartman

Jul 13, 2006
Suburban Chicago
RANGEL: AN ATTACK ON BUSH IS AN ATTACK ON ALL AMERICANS... 'You do not come into my country, my congressional district, and you do not condemn my president. If there is any criticism of President Bush, it should be restricted to Americans, whether they voted for him or not. I just want to make it abundantly clear to Hugo Chavez or any other president, but do not come to the United States and think because we have problems with our president that any foreigner can come to our country and not think that Americans do not feel offended when you offend our Chief of State'...
http://www.drudgereport.com

Looks like the Democrats can't be crazy liberal nutjobs all the time...

"RANGEL: AN ATTACK ON BUSH IS AN ATTACK ON ALL AMERICANS... 'You do not come into my country, my congressional district, and you do not condemn my president. If there is any criticism of President Bush, it should be restricted to Americans, whether they voted for him or not. I just want to make it abundantly clear to Hugo Chavez or any other president, but do not come to the United States and think because we have problems with our president that any foreigner can come to our country and not think that Americans do not feel offended when you offend our Chief of State'..."

:clap:

Even Pelosi chimes in:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - One of President George W. Bush's fiercest political opponents at home took his side on Thursday, calling Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez a "thug" for his remark that Bush is like the devil.

"Hugo Chavez fancies himself a modern day Simon Bolivar but all he is an everyday thug," House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said at a news conference, referring to Chavez' comments in a U.N. General Assembly speech on Wednesday.

"Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations," said Pelosi, a frequent Bush critic. "He demeaned himself and he demeaned Venezuela."

Simon Bolivar led the fight for independence against Spanish rule in several South American countries in the early 19th century and is cited by Chavez as a political model.

Chavez, a vociferous critic of Bush and the United States, has allied himself with U.S. opponents Cuba and Iran and has led a resurgence of left-wing populism in Latin America.

"The devil himself is right in the house. And the devil came here yesterday. Right here," Chavez said as he stood at the U.N. podium where Bush spoke the day before.

"It smells of sulfur still today, this table that I am now standing in front of," Chavez said.

His remarks drew applause from many of the delegates.

Bush administration officials have not responded directly to Chavez's remarks.

"I am not going to dignify a comment by the Venezuelan president to the president of the United States. I think it is not becoming for a head of state," Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Wednesday.

Here's the video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX1lBOxoJeU[/ame]

I heard that this morning, and was pleasantly surprised...They are right in what they said. Gotta give Rangel credit here.

I am surprised but suspicious too. Maybe the Dems think the "devil" remark has something to do with separation of church and state?

Yea don't be too impressed. This seems to me more like envy then condemnation. "We were Bashing Bush before it was cool, Hugo. Don't bite off of us."

Seriously though, I think this is damage control because when a 3rd world dictator comes to our country and starts saying the same things that Democrat leaders have been saying for 6 years, it tends to look bad on their party. Gotta quickly change the spin cycle to distance themselves from hugo evenly though they BOTH have made the same statements that Hugo has about Blacks being born with death sentence and Bush being the #1 terrorist in the world over the past 6 years.

Politics at its finest, or most disguting. Which i think is 1 in the same.

Yea don't be too impressed. This seems to me more like envy then condemnation. "We were Bashing Bush before it was cool, Hugo. Don't bite off of us."

Seriously though, I think this is damage control because when a 3rd world dictator comes to our country and starts saying the same things that Democrat leaders have been saying for 6 years, it tends to look bad on their party. Gotta quickly change the spin cycle to distance themselves from hugo evenly though they BOTH have made the same statements that Hugo has about Blacks being born with death sentence and Bush being the #1 terrorist in the world over the past 6 years.

Some apparently great comments but you've got it nailed , Insein. A perfect analysis. :beer:

Some apparently great comments but you've got it nailed , Insein. A perfect analysis. :beer:

You're kidding, right? You people really are bizarre. If he had said Chavez was right, you'd have lambasted him. He takes on Chavez and you lambaste him. What skewed sensibilities.

I figure it's more like when you have a family member who's a mess... you can say whatever you want about him/her, but if someone from outside the family says the same thing, you're gonna get bent out of shape and defend the family.

You're kidding, right? You people really are bizarre. If he had said Chavez was right, you'd have lambasted him. He takes on Chavez and you lambaste him. What skewed sensibilities.

I figure it's more like when you have a family member who's a mess... you can say whatever you want about him/her, but if someone from outside the family says the same thing, you're gonna get bent out of shape and defend the family.

You figure wrong.

word.

How would you know just what this was? Is it not possible for him to be truly appalled by a foreign dictator lambasting our President on US soil? You were pissed when the Dixie Chicks talked smack about him on foreign soil. What makes your sense of nationalism any better than Rangel's. The man wasn't grandstanding, he was defending his President, whether he likes him or not.

New Topics

Forum List

Back