Range time today

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Took my shotguns and a couple of sidearms to the range today, shooting steel. Finally fired my SDS BLP M12, KelTec KS7, both ran smoothly, no hiccups, my Norinco M37 (Ithica clone) needs to be aggressively racked, short stroked it 3 times before I got used to it. Also fired a couple of sidearms that I was having problems with, all worked flawlessly with the changes I made.
Did have a stovepiping problem with my AR 47 pistol build, think I know what that issue is.

Last edited:
I thought this was gonna be a thread about cooking.
Nope.....I knew it was shooting....just didn't know what type of weapons.
I would go to the range alot if I had my own loaders.....but due to the limited supply of ammo.....I don't do it much.
I just do a lot of dry fire to make sure I'm familiar with each weapon.
I fired alot when Uncle Sam paid for the bullets tho.

Nope.....I knew it was shooting....just didn't know what type of weapons.
I would go to the range alot if I had my own loaders.....but due to the limited supply of ammo.....I don't do it much.
I just do a lot of dry fire to make sure I'm familiar with each weapon.
I fired alot when Uncle Sam paid for the bullets tho.
Prices are definitely up but there's no shortage of ammo even the "Russian" ammo is plentiful also 9mm, .223 and 5.56, 38, 45, 12 gauge are everywhere.

Prices are definitely up but there's no shortage of ammo even the "Russian" ammo is plentiful also 9mm, .223 and 5.56, 38, 45, 12 gauge are everywhere.
Where I live there's a shortage.....and buying some calibers is next to impossible.
Not to mention that fact that I don't enjoy paying an arm and a leg for a box of 20.

Where I live there's a shortage.....and buying some calibers is next to impossible.
Not to mention that fact that I don't enjoy paying an arm and a leg for a box of 20.
What calibers? I get 90% of mine online, I don't even bother with the big box stores, they're out of everything as soon as they stock it.

Last edited:
Biggest one I have problem getting is 45 Long Colt.
Mostly what everyone has is Cowboy loads.
I have a Henry 45 that takes the long colts....and 3 revolvers.

Yup. .45 Colt, .44-40, .38-40, pretty much all unobtanium at the moment.

Biggest one I have problem getting is 45 Long Colt.
Mostly what everyone has is Cowboy loads.
I have a Henry 45 that takes the long colts....and 3 revolvers.

Yeah, those are the ones that haven't caught up yet with demand and yeah up to $3.00 a round...... I need 45-70 in basically trap-door rounds, once I get those I'll get a 45-70 reload kit.

Yeah, those are the ones that haven't caught up yet with demand and yeah up to $3.00 a round...... I need 45-70 in basically trap-door rounds, once I get those I'll get a 45-70 reload kit.
I ordered 500 rounds last October at Sportsmansguide and by December they had canceled the order unfilled. Cheaper than Dirt doesn't have any either. I've pretty much tried everywhere.

A relatively obscure round here in the US. Not surprised it's all sold out.

I recently built two 9x39mm carbines. At the time Wolf and Tula ammo offerings in this caliber were plentiful. I stocked up. Weeks later and ongoing to today the supplies have dried up. The round is new in the US, and quite amazingly capable of all kinds of fun feats.

I recently built two 9x39mm carbines. At the time Wolf and Tula ammo offerings in this caliber were plentiful. I stocked up. Weeks later and ongoing to today the supplies have dried up. The round is new in the US, and quite amazingly capable of all kinds of fun feats.
It's a good round but has never been more than a boutique round here in the US and currently almost all boutique ammo has dried up. People are gobbling up all the standard calibers and manufacturers are working overtime to keep up with demand.
Ya know when Bidumb announced the ban on Russian ammo overnight everyone was sold out of 7.62x39, 7.62x25 and 9x18 and it was that way for the first two weeks. What the panic buyers didn't know is that the ban is on all future licensed imports and each license for importing is good for two years so we're good for another two years. There is already one US manufacturer who plans on making "Russian" ammo here in the US and it should be up and running in two years..........

It's a good round but has never been more than a boutique round here in the US and currently almost all boutique ammo has dried up. People are gobbling up all the standard calibers and manufacturers are working overtime to keep up with demand.
Ya know when Bidumb announced the ban on Russian ammo overnight everyone was sold out of 7.62x39, 7.62x25 and 9x18 and it was that way for the first two weeks. What the panic buyers didn't know is that the ban is on all future licensed imports and each license for importing is good for two years so we're good for another two years. There is already one US manufacturer who plans on making "Russian" ammo here in the US and it should be up and running in two years..........

Great post, thanks. I'm thinking about building a 7.62x39mm carbine next, or a 6.5 Grendel, now that Grendel ammo has come back. The other thing about the AR 9x39mm is finding viable magazines. So far I've had decent luck with UNIMAG Gen II.

Forum List

Back