Random picture I took...

I collected firearms at one point I had 2 9 MM a 45 2 shotguns an M1 garand and an M1 carbine. now I have no weapons.VA and SS rate me as incompetent to handle my money so technically I cant own a firearm. Plus the paranoia is a lot less with out firearms.

uI bought my first Rolex, a DateJust, back in 1986. It had a sapphire blue sunray dial, but I really liked the champagne dial. The dealer swapped them out for nothing.

I wish I still had that watch, I paid $1,100 for it as an E-5 in the Navy. That very watch from that year sells for around $7K now...

Yeah, those are nice. I used to have a one of those but I sold it and bought a moonwatch. Shoulda kept it in hind sight.

A Speedmaster??

Those are nice. Not my style (I don't dig complications on the dial) but they're still very nice.

Buzz Aldrin actually wears two of them...

Yeah. I have a few different ones now.

None of em keep time for crap, though. I'm cnstantly regulating them.

Speed, aviation and space history are hobbies for me, so that's the only reason I have em, to be honest. I never even wear em any more.

I saw Buzz wearing a nice x-wind. That one seemed a bit overly complicated to me.

You mentioned having a navitimer. Those are really nice. Also a bit complicated. Especially once age sets in and the eyes start going bad.

Last edited:
Yeah. I have a few different ones now.

None of em keep time for crap, though. I'm cnstantly regulating them.

Speed, aviation and space history are hobbies for me, so that's the only reason I have em, to be honest. I never even wear em any more.

I saw Buzz wearing a nice x-wind. That one seemed a bit overly complicated to me.

You mentioned having a navitimer. Those are really nice. Also a bit complicated. Especially once age sets in and the eyes start going bad.
You misread. My Breitling is a Colt 43, not a Navitimer. The Navitimer is way too involved for me...

You misread. My Breitling is a Colt 43, not a Navitimer. The Navitimer is way too involved for me...

Oh, I see. I probably just instinctively thought navi.

The colt's a nice conservative watch, though. Makes a good daily driver.

Oh, I see. I probably just instinctively thought navi.

The colt's a nice conservative watch, though. Makes a good daily driver.
Yeah, like I said, it's in my regular three watch rotation. I've got huge wrists, so the 43mm fits really nice. The Oris, at 40.5 mm, is really about as small as I can go with a watch looking just silly...

...when I was cleaning the junk off one of my tables...

View attachment 523802
DSCF4630.JPG

Forum List

Back