Randian Cardboard heros

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
See those guys yessterday defending ripping off their customers?

Those are the Heros Ayn Rand tried to convince you were Gods.

Hows that Randy Heroy thing working out for you?

I don't know any Randian Cardboard Heroes. But I am aware of a Moonbat Styfrofoam one:

4272409115_02046952d1_o.jpg

Then there is Randian Paul. If he gets the Republican senatorial nod here I will have to vote demoncratic.
He has been endorsed by both Cheney and Palin.

I am pulling for his main republican opponent, Grayson.

Last edited:
If you are going to speak to a topic, you really ought to have a clue first.

Have you ever read one of her books? These guys are Randian villains. They purchased license to steal fair and square from the government, which usually prints such licenses under the rubric of 'consumer protection.'

What TM doesn't grok is that the GS executives are emblematic of the villains in a Rand Novel. They practice Cronyism by collaborating with politicians and government bureaucrats to "socialize risk and privatize profits".

What we saw yesterday was a bunch of Orren Boyles, Wesley Mouches, and the "bright young" bond "defreezers".

Last edited:
  • Banned
HAHAHAHAAH

So you deny they are the people Ayn Rand glorified?

She glorified just these type of people

• Banned
Randian hero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a conception of the ideal man, the Randian hero has much in common with Aristotle's conception of agathos, in that both are morally heroic and heroically rational.[1] The philosophers share a similar naturalist/objectivist meta-ethical perspective emphasizing character as the primary determinant of moral worth, and possess a fundamentally heroic attitude towards life.[1][3] The Randian hero exemplifies ethical egoism, the normative ethical position that the self-interest of the individual ought to be the basis for moral action.[1] The specific virtues of the Randian hero, like the Aristotelian ideal, are created from rationality, the primary virtue; rationality is the hero's basic tool of survival, to be exercised at all times.[4] The primary value, the "highest moral purpose", is happiness (cf. eudaimonia).[4] Rand frequently declared her motive and purpose in writing to be "the projection of an ideal man";[2] all of her protagonists are heroes

If you are going to speak to a topic, you really ought to have a clue first.

Have you ever read one of her books? These guys are Randian villains. They purchased license to steal fair and square from the government, which usually prints such licenses under the rubric of 'consumer protection.'
I'm giving odds that the answer is "no".

Rand is a favorite strawwoman of authoritarian nutbars like Truthdontmatter, who not-at-all-coincidentally strongly mimic nutbar antagonists in Rand's incomprehensibly boring novels. :lol:

To TM:

They are the people against whom Rand warned us, as are Obama, Pelosi, and Reid.

(And mindless idiots like you.)

TM doesn't know WTF she is talking about on any subject; why should this one be any different?

Virtue of Selfishness

Ayn Rand rejects altruism, the view that self-sacrifice is the moral ideal. She argues that the ultimate moral value, for each human individual, is his or her own well-being. Since selfishness (as she understands it) is serious, rational, principled concern with one's own well-being, it turns out to be a prerequisite for the attainment of the ultimate moral value. For this reason, Rand believes that selfishness is a virtue.

Another ignorant representation by TM.

She thinks just by posting Selfishness, she discredits Rand. What she doesn't understand is the true nature of Altruism in contrast.

Insults fighting facts , way to bring a spoon to a carving contest

TM:

You provided no facts. You just pasted things you do not understand.

Forum List

Back