Rand Paul on Consumer Choice

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
:clap2: :clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELDHaeEsNF0]Sen. Rand Paul on Consumer Choice in Energy Committee Hearing - YouTube[/ame]

Seems like such a simple concept, doesn't it? Give the consumer choice and incentives to go with the 'energy efficient' item, rather than force it and punish non compliance. Paul managed to silence the woman senator with this. :lol:

How is it that the left is all for 'choice' when it comes to abortion but is against 'choice' for so much else?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Seems like such a simple concept, doesn't it? Give the consumer choice and incentives to go with the 'energy efficient' item, rather than force it and punish non compliance. Paul managed to silence the woman senator with this. :lol:

How is it that the left is all for 'choice' when it comes to abortion but is against 'choice' for so much else?

One of the decisions I must continually make is what brand of toilet I put in a home.

To avoid call backs I usually go mid priced and up. The low water volume pisses many buyers off. It is becoming increasingly difficult to keep a new home priced so an average buyer can afford it.

One of the decisions I must continually make is what brand of toilet I put in a home.

To avoid call backs I usually go mid priced and up. The low water volume pisses many buyers off. It is becoming increasingly difficult to keep a new home priced so an average buyer can afford it.

We had to have the plumbers out several years ago to remove a few legos and a marker from one of our toilets -- kids :rolleyes:! They laughed at our cheap and ridiculous 'low flow' toilets. They back up frequently and two flushes is normal for . . well, number two. We have two different kinds of plungers and a manual auger (I think that's what it's called) and use them all.

Hmmm, 'low flow' responses to this thread.

We had to have the plumbers out several years ago to remove a few legos and a marker from one of our toilets -- kids :rolleyes:! They laughed at our cheap and ridiculous 'low flow' toilets. They back up frequently and two flushes is normal for . . well, number two. We have two different kinds of plungers and a manual auger (I think that's what it's called) and use them all.

Hmmm, 'low flow' responses to this thread.

LOL I had a similar problem years ago myself. Action figures!

Try to get the left to admit the cost of compliance is a hard nut to crack. Simply increasing water volume to 1.75 gallon would be a huge improvement and lower costs.

Because they understand and respect the Constitution and its case law, the right to privacy with regard to abortion, or that Congress is authorized by the Constitution to regulate markets.

Consequently no one is opposed to ‘choice’; what you see, rather, is a pragmatic understanding that reasonable regulation is appropriate and necessary, given the nature of a modern, 21st Century industrialized economy.

Paul’s reactionary economic paradigm may have been appropriate in the age of the horse-drawn carriage, but in the age of the modern global marketplace such a view is a pathetic anachronism.

Because they understand and respect the Constitution and its case law, the right to privacy with regard to abortion, or that Congress is authorized by the Constitution to regulate markets.

Consequently no one is opposed to ‘choice’; what you see, rather, is a pragmatic understanding that reasonable regulation is appropriate and necessary, given the nature of a modern, 21st Century industrialized economy.

Paul’s reactionary economic paradigm may have been appropriate in the age of the horse-drawn carriage, but in the age of the modern global marketplace such a view is a pathetic anachronism.

Reasonable regulations would be to let consumers decide what to purchase and to offer incentives for purchasing efficient products, rather than forcing regulations and limiting choice and threatening punishment for non compliance. Paul is spot on.

One can choose to end the life of another human but can not choose to purchase a non-low flow toilet.

Now that's some whacked logic.

Forum List

Back