Rancher's killing draws citizens, officials

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
Near Portal - More than 350 people gathered outside a small schoolhouse Wednesday night to deliver suggestions to politicians and law enforcement officials about what needs to be done to restore safety to the area after the slaying of rancher Robert Krentz.

The meeting was calm and orderly, but the frustration and anger felt by the community were evident as ranchers took the microphone. Community members said they've been warning government officials for years that something like this would happen, and that they were ignored.

Rancher's killing draws citizens, officials

The comments on the story covered what should be done but, how are the people going to get the legislators to take action when many of them are supporting amnesty again? They all need kicked out of DC

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz attended but said nothing?

What can pro-illegal alien Democrats say to the bereaved family and friends of the murdered rancher? "sorry"? But the Democrats are not sorry even a little because they are now planning on handing every illegal alien citizenship.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz has some gull to attend that meeting after her inaction got a good man murdered.

The blood is on the open border Democrats and Republicans like McCain's hands as well as the Star's for their never ending support of illegal aliens.

Vote out EVERY politician in WA and elsewhere who support amnesty! Do your homework to find out who they are and then kick the bums out, out, out!!!

"While it is not known at this time who shot the man, it should be remembered that there is a big difference between an undocumented worker and a drug smuggler. In my time I have never met an undocumented worker with a gun and I doubt the rancher was putting out water bottles for smugglers.

It is not fair to lump people fleeing poverty and lack of opportunity together with people smuggling drugs."

José;2163850 said:
"While it is not known at this time who shot the man, it should be remembered that there is a big difference between an undocumented worker and a drug smuggler. In my time I have never met an undocumented worker with a gun and I doubt the rancher was putting out water bottles for smugglers.

It is not fair to lump people fleeing poverty and lack of opportunity together with people smuggling drugs."

So maybe it isn't fair to lump them together, but if i go riding my horse along the border this spring, as i usually do, (I have a childhood friend on the border) is it fair to me to prevent myself from defending myself and my horse from the drug smugglers?
How about if one of the poor "poverty fleerers" look threatening and i draw on them?

Both drug smugglers and the seasonal workers break the law. How am I supposed to tell the difference between a seasonal worker who reaches under their jacket for a cookie to feed my horse and a drug smuggler reaching for a gun.

Crossing the border legally would solve that problem and end that risk for both the seasonal worker and myself and my mount.

FYI- I have left hundreds of gallons of water along the border for those in need, without regard to nationality or legal status.
I als ride armed, and have drawn up on individuals in the desert.

See the thing is, they are not supposed to be there, if they followed the law, they wouldn't "lumped in" with the smugglers, nor would they be at risk of running into an armed legal citizen riding on private property, like me.

Actually, drug smugglers are here illegally, and undocumented workers are here illegally...so they ARE the same!
That was easy.

Originally posted by AllieBaba
Actually, drug smugglers are here illegally, and undocumented workers are here illegally...so they ARE the same!
That was easy.

Say this to poor Mr. Krentz who survived thousands of encounters with undocumented workers in his long life TOTALLY UNHARMED and was tragically killed by a gun probably fired by a "mule".

Last edited:
Slackjawed, listen:

When illegal aliens cross the border they are following the SAME BASIC INSTINCT you do when you seek cheaper medical treatment in Mexico.

The instinct to PAY LESS (in your case) and EARN MORE (in their case).

OK, I know yoiu do it LEGALLY (Mexico craves for your dollars while America is more ambivalent towards those mexicans' workforce). So they do it illegally because they do not have a choice.

I'm not stating America does not have the right to round them all up and deport them.

I'm just saying:

Make an effort to be more understanding of them because they are following the same basic instinct that drives you to seek cheaper medical treatment in mexican Nogales or anywhere else in Mexico.

BTW, I hope you are feeling well.

José;2164053 said:
Originally posted by AllieBaba
That was easy.

Say this to poor Mr. Krentz who survived thousands of encounters with undocumented workers in his long life TOTALLY UNHARMED and was tragically killed by a gun probably fired by a "mule".

THat doesn't even make sense. The people who lived there KNEW something was going to happen because of the sheer NUMBERS of people running back and forth.

And something did.

José;2164298 said:
Slackjawed, listen:

When illegal aliens cross the border they are following the SAME BASIC INSTINCT you do when you seek cheaper medical treatment in Mexico.

OK, I know yoiu do it LEGALLY (Mexico craves for your dollars while America is more ambivalent towards those mexicans' workforce). So they do it illegally because they do not have a choice.

I'm not stating America does not have the right to round them all up and deport them.

I'm just saying:

Make an effort to be more understanding of them because they are following the same basic instinct that drives you to seek cheaper medical treatment in mexican Nogales or anywhere else in Mexico.

mexico is a shithole. we should detonate nukes along the border so anyone trying to cross comes down with radiation sickness and dies, slowly and painfully.

i hope you are feeling well.

José;2164298 said:
Slackjawed, listen:

I'm just saying:

mexico is a shithole. we should detonate nukes along the border so anyone trying to cross comes down with radiation sickness and dies, slowly and painfully.

i hope you are feeling well.

LOL, LOL

Del is pretty smart... for an ostrich : )

'It is not fair to lump people fleeing poverty and lack of opportunity together with people smuggling drugs."

Nobody faults them for fleeing poverty - however, the USA is not here to welcome people who refuse to respect its sovereignty - PERIOD!!! So Jose, save me your bleeding heart mentality. These people should stay put in their country and fight for rights, change, and whatever else is lacking. If they can't come here legally, DON'T COME - it's that simple.

'It is not fair to lump people fleeing poverty and lack of opportunity together with people smuggling drugs."

Nobody faults them for fleeing poverty - however, the USA is not here to welcome people who refuse to respect its sovereignty - PERIOD!!! So Jose, save me your bleeding heart mentality. These people should stay put in their country and fight for rights, change, and whatever else is lacking. If they can't come here legally, DON'T COME - it's that simple.
I do agree with you if they don't respect the law in our country enough to follow it they do not belong here.

I have sympathy for the poor. I do not have sympathy for those who refuse to follow the laws of this country.

If we had the money I would gladly give someone a hand out or a hand up. We were down near the border a few years back. We walked through the local shops and then headed back to the pickup. As we walked down the sidewalk we could see a man crossing the parking lot headed toward the pickup. Our pickup was the only vehicle on that side of a large parking lot. This guy was intent in getting to the pickup and evidently did not see us walking toward it on the sidewalk. Rod and I were within a few feet of the guy as he reached his hand up to try and open the door. The two hundred pound dog in the back seat was spooked. He jumped up and woofed his very loud and deep bark. The guy was shaking (I think he pissed his pants). Rod asked the guy if he could help him. The guy did not speak English but he relayed he needed money. Rod reached into his pocket and gave the guy some money. The guy took the money and left. Rod told me he would rather give the man money than have the man steal from him. We got into the pickup and drove out of the parking lot. As we drove onto the street we could see the potential thief coming out of a bread store with a grocery bag.

My questions would be what happened to all the good NAFTA was going to do? Why isn't Mexico providing for their own people? In my mind it should be the Mexican government taking care of their people well enough that these people can make a living in Mexico instead of coming across the border and downgrading the pay scale here.

I have heard that workers come from countries farther south and work in Mexico and this has stressed the workforce there in some places in Mexico.

Another consideration is we have some companies from here that have abused the laws in Mexico concerning corn imports and manufacturing workers. What are we doing about these people/companies if anything? IMO, when or if you get a company or employer that has become accustom to abusing workers these same companies will have no respect for anyone or anything else.

The Struggle of Women in Maquiladoras

An abused labor pool: Workers of mexican origin in the U.S. economy

The manufacturing shibboleth | The Economist

José;2164298 said:
Slackjawed, listen:

I'm just saying:

only a damn fool seeks cheaper medical treatment in mexico.. and I don't intend to be more understanding.. I've run out of understanding.. and I don't intend to learn spanish.

José;2164298 said:
Slackjawed, listen:

I'm just saying:

In Guadalajara, the hospital is right next to a mortuary.....I'm not sure I would ever willingly go to the Mexicans for medical care even if it is cheaper.

I had friends that were denied entry to this country, they spent their lives in Canada. I have many, many friends and relatives that came here LEGALLY, through all the legal channels, why do you believe someone who walks across the border should have more rights than my friends and family? My brother couldn't get his mother in law here legally in more than 20 years of trying. She died in Thailand, never getting to see the home where her daughter and granddaughters lived. Why do you think someone who breaks our laws and sneaks into this country deserve more rights than my friends and family?

I'm tired of being a 2nd class citizen in my own country. It's time to recognize that America is for AMERICANS FIRST!!!!

José;2163850 said:

They're both felons.
No worry.
All those fucking hicks are going to do is talk shit and wave flags, possibly with guns on their hips.

Shoot the motherfuckers and if the cops don't like it ? BOOOM
The immigrants aren't the problem, drugs or not.
The cops, as usual, are the problem.

You can drive through Hotlanta and see those fine young men in their Ligger clothes and their funny little hand signs and tats.
Open season and pay a bounty.

Last edited:
Another " war" to lose.
Get on the ground ? Pussy ass cop. Pffffft.
Shotgun blast to the head.
Listo !
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPwOTqkZvwM]YouTube - Gang Wars 2 - Oakland Latino Gangs (1 of 5) in HD[/ame]

José;2164298 said:
Slackjawed, listen:

I'm just saying:

You did notice the part in my previous post where i talked about leaving water?
I just will be more cautious when I am in that area. I go down every spring to a ranch west of Douglas. The biggest reason to carry a rifle has been the rabies in the past few years. Rabies makes the bobcats and mtn lions attack a man on horseback. Now though, well, it's a little different. I have never been homocidal, but I have drawn on illegals in the past when I felt threatened. I even took a couple in one time, but I was young, and very invincable.......
I will still leave out water jugs. It's only human. It's a good thing to do, everyone should have water no matter what.

The comments on the story covered what should be done but, how are the people going to get the legislators to take action when many of them are supporting amnesty again? They all need kicked out of DC

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz attended but said nothing?

What can pro-illegal alien Democrats say to the bereaved family and friends of the murdered rancher? "sorry"? But the Democrats are not sorry even a little because they are now planning on handing every illegal alien citizenship.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz has some gull to attend that meeting after her inaction got a good man murdered.

The blood is on the open border Democrats and Republicans like McCain's hands as well as the Star's for their never ending support of illegal aliens.

That is just plain bullshit.

The blame and blood are on the killer's hands no one else's.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back