Ramen Carbonara

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Made this for dinner and it was very good.

Subbed in one longways cut off a can of bacon spam ¼ to ⅜ inch thick for the bacon, cubed. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to replace rendered bacon fat and crisp spam cubes.

Follow the directions from there.

Or use bacon.

I even think this would be good with regular spam.

Good with steamed broccoli side ... asparagus would be good too.

Sounds nice!!!

Can you replace for me.... instead of the bacon .... with chicken?

Then add the broccoli and delicious asparagus? YUMMY! Beautiful dish!

It's not good for you....it's not healthy at all.

Didn't say anything about being healthy, just said that it tasted good in a lot of different things. Hotdogs ain't healthy either, but I do like a good grilled (and yeah, grilled meat is also supposed to be bad for you) hot dog on occasion. Same for bratwurst. It ain't exactly healthy, but it tastes pretty damn good.

Didn't say anything about being healthy, just said that it tasted good in a lot of different things. Hotdogs ain't healthy either, but I do like a good grilled (and yeah, grilled meat is also supposed to be bad for you) hot dog on occasion. Same for bratwurst. It ain't exactly healthy, but it tastes pretty damn good.

More healthy foods also taste good!

And don't clog your arteries, like some bad foods, like Spam and similar - in my opinion - poison junk food.

Sounds nice!!!

I've been doing that for years. Except the asparagus. Broccoli and chicken and mixed vegetables, yes.

Also leftover steak and broccoli or mixed vegetables.

Also done roast beef with gravy and mixed vegetables. That's really good!

Last edited:
Made this for dinner and it was very good.

Subbed in one longways cut off a can of bacon spam ¼ to ⅜ inch thick for the bacon, cubed. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to replace rendered bacon fat and crisp spam cubes.

Follow the directions from there.

Or use bacon.

I even think this would be good with regular spam.

Good with steamed broccoli side ... asparagus would be good too.

Looks good. We will give it a try!

Sounds nice!!!

I don't know how you would do that without chicken fat to render.

The the oil and fat is require to create the emulsion with the egg that makes the sauce thicken AND gives it flavor.

If you don't want to render chicken fat...maybe add some chicken bullion to the warm olive oil...then add cooked warm cubed or shredded chicken at the end.

Does bacon spam taste like spam or bacon?
I think so. Bacon is the third ingredient after pork ..and water...

This is walmart brand...

IMG_20220815_181329070~2.jpg

IMG_20220815_181338910~2.jpg

I agree. Keep a pretty good supply around for emergencies...which means rotating it out in everyday recipes.
I saw something not long ago about how to get the salt out of SPAM. I think by boiling it in water. It is hella salty.

Pffft, 520? That stuff I got is like 760!
Pretty sure it's from Aldi's.
Wow! That's salty.

Mrs. MO was going to try that boiling trick...don't know if she ever did though.

Should work...probably just soaking would do it. That's how you get the salt out of salt-cured ham.

Ho-lee crap! I just looked and what I have is original SPAM and it's 770mg sodium. I'd wanna boil some of that salt out, that's just too much.

Forum List

Back