Raise Taxes, or Cut Spending????

The Obammunists will avoid a legitimate response at all costs, and I expect the insults to fly shortly for even mentioning this. The entire world sacrificed during these times, but not Democrat monopolized Uncle Sam or his satellite governments.

Some thoughts on this thread:
The conservative R's have called for cutting taxes and cutting spending since Reagan first appeared on the national scene during the primary campaign in 1976. Beginning in 1994 the R's controlled the Congress (recall the Conract with America), and with the election of Bush&Co in 2000 controlled all three branches of the Federal Government after Bush packed the supreme court with conservatives.
How well did that play out?
Clinton, with a Republican Congress was able to bring spending under control - both deserve credit. But remember, the RW of the R's attacked Clinton during his entire eight years in office.
Bush immediately cut taxes, claiming it was to fix our economy, engaged in two wars off budget and expanded the federal government beyond that of any prior administration.
Obama inherited a crisis, in foreign affairs, domestic affairs and in a house divided. For his entire first year + he has been under attack much as Clinton experience.
The RW of the Republican Party has devolved into a spiteful, ignorant and hysterical movement but its roots go back to the Whiskey Rebellion of the late 18th Century. It's time for the hateful rhetoric to stop or we my see history repeat itself; the hope of the majority of Americans is for fair treatment and a civil society - the few and the fringe seem to hope for a violent confrontation and the last time that occurred over 600,000 young Americans died, nearly 150 years ago.
Maybe some of you younger 'rebels' ought to go to the battlefields of that war, and other national cemetaries and read a few headstones. War and Rebellion are not pretty, and be well aware that those (Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, et al) will not march into battle, they will beat the drums of war from the safety of their living rooms.

Some thoughts on this thread:
The conservative R's have called for cutting taxes and cutting spending since Reagan first appeared on the national scene during the primary campaign in 1976. Beginning in 1994 the R's controlled the Congress (recall the Conract with America), and with the election of Bush&Co in 2000 controlled all three branches of the Federal Government after Bush packed the supreme court with conservatives.
How well did that play out?
Clinton, with a Republican Congress was able to bring spending under control - both deserve credit. But remember, the RW of the R's attacked Clinton during his entire eight years in office.
Bush immediately cut taxes, claiming it was to fix our economy, engaged in two wars off budget and expanded the federal government beyond that of any prior administration.
Obama inherited a crisis, in foreign affairs, domestic affairs and in a house divided. For his entire first year + he has been under attack much as Clinton experience.
The RW of the Republican Party has devolved into a spiteful, ignorant and hysterical movement but its roots go back to the Whiskey Rebellion of the late 18th Century. It's time for the hateful rhetoric to stop or we my see history repeat itself; the hope of the majority of Americans is for fair treatment and a civil society - the few and the fringe seem to hope for a violent confrontation and the last time that occurred over 600,000 young Americans died, nearly 150 years ago.
Maybe some of you younger 'rebels' ought to go to the battlefields of that war, and other national cemetaries and read a few headstones. War and Rebellion are not pretty, and be well aware that those (Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, et al) will not march into battle, they will beat the drums of war from the safety of their living rooms.

OK. We get it. You want to fault one party and praise another. Good for you. As if I am surprised by what you had to say.

So now for the question. Spend less or tax more.

I say spend less. Plenty of entitlements out there already. Time for Americans to pull up the boot straps and do what they gotta do to get by.

Seeing as we are getting a "history lesson" from a government worker who never paid into Social Security while working for the state of California, the war he refers too was the Civil War:

Where DEMOCRATS opposed the abolition of slavery.

If Bush proposed this health care rip off, Wry would be in opposition.

The truth starts with folks capable of the truth, and it does not include Wry or the rest of the Obammunists here. You need to bow down and beg for forgiveness for your absolute hypocrisy, and your massive failures. Since WWII, Democrats have owned 78% control of the House, and over 70% control of the Senate. If any legislation was inadequate over the years, the face you need to put a significant CHUNK of the blame on is to Wry and his Party: THE DEMOCRATS.

Bush absolutely sucked, and Obama only maintained or exceeded him so far. TRUTH

Why doesn't the government do this: stop spending, period; cut 20% from all departments; make due with the money they will get when the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of the year; stop spending, now??

I agree, tax all government workers making over 100K at 100%, make all government salaries public information, force them ALL to pay into Social Security, eliminate unfunded government pension guarantees, fully tax universities as the big business they are, fully tax non-profit salaries over 100K, there's some change that should help.

Raise Taxes, or Cut Spending????

Given our record deficits........Why not do both??

Doing both may be the answer. Problem is, we all know what happens. We raise taxes, promise o cut "fraud in spending" but that never ends up happening.
So we will wind up wth higher taxes and continued spending.

Wait and see. The spending cuts proposed? Fraud. We will find and cut out fraud. Something they can not identify in a bill and someting they can claim did not exist in hearing when questioned. "we looked for fraud, but there was not any". ANd we will still have higher taxes.

Time for a 100% turnover in congress. Give me 435 average Americans of all ideologies. I will get some of what I want, liberals will get some of what they want, and moderates will be very happy.

Exactly the way America is supposed to be.

Raising taxes to close the deficit never works. It has never worked in any state that tried it. All it does is produce more revenue for the gov't to spend to expand its list of goodies, which is how they keep getting re-elected.
Reagan was right: You starve gov't of revenue to keep it small. There is no other way.

We all keep forgetting how close we came to another DEPRESSION UNDER BUSH. Obama had to do something radical to get us to where we are right now......on the path to a better America. Period.

We all keep forgetting how close we came to another DEPRESSION UNDER BUSH. Obama had to do something radical to get us to where we are right now......on the path to a better America. Period.

We came close to a deprerssion in recent years?

How on eartth did I miss it?

I mean, sure I lost some moeny in the market, but I dont recall a crash, or a near crash.

Anyone else?

Are you fucking HIGH or just an idiot?

Blaming Bush is all the Democrats have left to avoid knowing how fucking absolutely stupid they really are. It's like a placebo, ya know?

Democrats walk around all day murmuring "I don't suck, Bush sucks. I don't suck, Bush sucks. I don't suck...."

Raising taxes to close the deficit never works. It has never worked in any state that tried it. All it does is produce more revenue for the gov't to spend to expand its list of goodies, which is how they keep getting re-elected.
Reagan was right: You starve gov't of revenue to keep it small. There is no other way.

Rewrite History MUCH?:eusa_hand:

Why doesn't the government do this: stop spending, period; cut 20% from all departments; make due with the money they will get when the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of the year; stop spending, now??

They can't stop spending. They just passed yet another huge entitlement program that will likely go bankrupt in a few years. The only thing they can do is raise taxes and hope the people don't revolt.

They can't stop spending. They just passed yet another huge entitlement program that will likely go bankrupt in a few years. The only thing they can do is raise taxes and hope the people don't revolt.

And when the people revolt?

They will be referred to as revolting people by the administration and the press.

New Topics

Forum List

Back