Rahm Emanuel Wants to Be Chicago's Mayor

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
Anybody see another reason Rahm wants this position?? Scary. I have a feeling his "aspirations" will happen sooner than later. :eusa_hand:

Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010 09:42 AM

White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel wants to be the mayor of Chicago, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.

"I hope Mayor [Richard] Daley seeks re-election. I will work and support him if he seeks re-election," Emanuel told Charlie Rose on his PBS talk show. "But if Mayor Daley doesn't, one day I would like to run for mayor of the city of Chicago. That's always been an aspiration of mine, even when I was in the House of Representatives."

Emanuel said he missed the regular contact he had with constituents as a representative of Illinois' 5th District. "You learned a lot," he told Rose.

Newsmax - Rahm Emanuel Wants to Be Chicago's Mayor

He would make the perfect Mayor of Chicago: Partisan, divisive, hard-hitting and dishonest.

But he lacks that dynastic touch. Jane Byrne didn't do too well.
Personally I'd like to see him do it. Chicago is already screwed up. He couldn't make it much worse. And it would get him out of every else's hair.

He would make the perfect Mayor of Chicago: Partisan, divisive, hard-hitting and dishonest.

and yet richard m. daley is considered one of the best, if not THE best, mayor in the country. isn't that funny?

chicago has more murders than New York and New York has double the population. how can he be the greatest mayor in the country?

and yet richard m. daley is considered one of the best, if not THE best, mayor in the country. isn't that funny?

chicago has more murders than New York and New York has double the population. how can he be the greatest mayor in the country?

i said 'considered'. i did not say I personally considered him to be. I don't know enough about him. ;)

but i voted for bloomberg 3 times and giuliani twice. ;)

um....Rahm has some balls to suggest he wants to run against the 40+yrs Daley regime...not something most people would venture to say out loud....

...perhaps he is just hoping that Daley will bow out from running in 2011 because Daley's wife may be too sick from cancer by then...?

also....does this mean Rahm thinks Obama is pretty much history....?

Last edited:
um....Rahm has some balls to suggest he wants to run against the 40+yrs Daley regime...not something most people would venture to say out loud....

...perhaps he is just hoping that Daley will bow out from running in 2011 because Daley's wife may be too sick from cancer by then...?

interesting questions. I think he just really wants that position and figures he might be able to use Obama to muscle his way into the race...

he didn't say he would ever run against Daley, whining eagle. he said he would work FOR Daley but that if Daley ever decided not to run again, he'd love to be mayor.

Try again.. next time with comprehension.

Forum List

Back