Racists Are, Once Again, Trying To Overthrow A Legitimate Election

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
When will the Democrats ever stop? They're always trying to overthrow legitimate elections every single time they lose and this time they are showing their true racist colors.

When will the Democrats ever stop? They're always trying to overthrow legitimate elections every single time they lose and this time they are showing their true racist colors.

[ Just a question of law and details. How long had he lived in the district he won? ]

Carl Samson
Wed, December 7, 2022, 1:20 PM·2 min read

Democrats in New York’s State Assembly are pushing to block an Asian Republican from taking office in January over alleged residency issues.
Lester Chang, a Lower East Side native born to immigrant Chinese parents, won the Nov. 8 election to represent District 49 in the State Capitol.

Securing 52 percent of the votes, Chang unseated Democratic incumbent Peter Abbate, who held the office for the last 36 years.

With “no discrepancies,” the state’s Board of Elections unanimously certified the results at 1:54 p.m. on Friday.

However, District 49’s future remains in question as the Democratic-led Assembly — led by Speaker Carl Heastie (District 83) — investigates Chang’s eligibility due to alleged residency issues. Reports say the GOP candidate registered to vote in Brooklyn in February but was previously registered in Manhattan. Candidates are required to have lived in the borough they are running in for at least a year prior to election.

The Assembly’s Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on Dec. 19 to discuss the matter. A potential vote by the full chamber is also expected next year.

[ Just a question of law and details. How long had he lived in the district he won? ]

Carl Samson

Democrats in New York’s State Assembly are pushing to block an Asian Republican from taking office in January over alleged residency issues.
Lester Chang, a Lower East Side native born to immigrant Chinese parents, won the Nov. 8 election to represent District 49 in the State Capitol.

Securing 52 percent of the votes, Chang unseated Democratic incumbent Peter Abbate, who held the office for the last 36 years.

With “no discrepancies,” the state’s Board of Elections unanimously certified the results at 1:54 p.m. on Friday.

However, District 49’s future remains in question as the Democratic-led Assembly — led by Speaker Carl Heastie (District 83) — investigates Chang’s eligibility due to alleged residency issues. Reports say the GOP candidate registered to vote in Brooklyn in February but was previously registered in Manhattan. Candidates are required to have lived in the borough they are running in for at least a year prior to election.

The Assembly’s Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on Dec. 19 to discuss the matter. A potential vote by the full chamber is also expected next year.

LOL. So, you're claiming justification while not allowing those on the other side justification. Why wasn't this an issue BEFORE the election? It only became an issue after Democrats lost to an Asian. In other words, racism.

If he is proven to violate the rule then he can’t be seated.

Sorry but that isn’t stealing the election but if he is a legitimate owner or renter in the area then he should be seated.

Carl Samson

If it is proven he didn’t live in the area for the whole year then unfortunately he is ineligible to hold the seat.

Have to follow the rules and to say “ why didn’t they catch when he ran for office “ is not an excuse and just someone wanting to let someone cheat the system.

Oh, I really do not care who wins that damn seat because I do not live there…

LOL. So, you're claiming justification while not allowing those on the other side justification. Why wasn't this an issue BEFORE the election? It only became an issue after Democrats lost to an Asian. In other words, racism.

There was an allegation of him not having lived in the district for a year, as required by law.

I would wait for the results of that investigation before agreeing with you that it may have been alleged for racist reasons.

I allow the law to take its course. So should you.

It seems to me the best course of action would have been to bring this up BEFORE the election.
I wouldn't have. If I had this Intel in advance, I would keep it under my hat in the event that my opponent somehow won. Letting them expend time, and capital; then hitting them with it once they've blown their load. Too late to run another candidate, and comfortably seating me. Tactically smart if you ask me...

Democrats didn't have a problem with AOC not living in her district when she was 1st elected, also the election's been certified, so nothing to be done.
Where did you read that AOC had not lived in the 14th District for a year before candidacy?

Democrats didn't have a problem with AOC not living in her district when she was 1st elected, also the election's been certified, so nothing to be done.
Ocasio-Cortez was born in the New York City borough of the Bronx

After college, Ocasio-Cortez moved back to the Bronx and took a job as a bartender and waitress to help her mother—a house cleaner and school bus driver—fight foreclosure of their home.[31][32] She later launched Brook Avenue Press, a now-defunct publishing firm for books that portrayed the Bronx in a positive light.[33][34] Ocasio-Cortez also worked for the nonprofit National Hispanic Institute.[22][35][36]

Ocasio-Cortez was born in the New York City borough of the Bronx

After college, Ocasio-Cortez moved back to the Bronx and took a job as a bartender and waitress to help her mother—a house cleaner and school bus driver—fight foreclosure of their home.[31][32] She later launched Brook Avenue Press, a now-defunct publishing firm for books that portrayed the Bronx in a positive light.[33][34] Ocasio-Cortez also worked for the nonprofit National Hispanic Institute.[22][35][36]

I wouldn't have. If I had this Intel in advance, I would keep it under my hat in the event that my opponent somehow won. Letting them expend time, and capital; then hitting them with it once they've blown their load. Too late to run another candidate, and comfortably seating me. Tactically smart if you ask me...
Wow, just like the George Brett pine tar bat incident.

Carl Samson

These are the same asswipes that want to let illegal immigrants vote?

If the guy wasn't qualified to run in the first place, then he wasn't "legitimately elected" and should not be seated.

Honestly sounds like a legal long shot. Voter registration is not a true measure of residency. Lease agreements, utility bills, voting records.....ect. are.

I love the equivalence attempt though. A court room is where it belongs and both sides should abide by the final decision, whatever that may be.

Forum List

Back