‘Racism’ – What The Heck Is It?

Racism is the desire or act to bring harm to or restriction of a persons activities due to their race.
Unfortunately and incorrectly most liberals label racial referencing as racist.
racism means you believe a certain race is inferior and discriminate against them, the second part of your definition. You can't do that to whites. But it is done all the time to black and brown. Asians get a pass.

Where are the examples?

There are none?????

To be fair, one need give the Devil his due. That is hardly a casual reference, since Obama and Hillary are associated with Saul Alinsky, who dedicated his book to Lucifer.

But, these folks are adept at controlling society: by owning the schools, the publications, the media, they are able to insert the term ‘racism’ or ‘racist’ at will. And, they have the advantage of training government school grads never to question what they are told and to use the term is manner most beneficial to them.
'Racism' simply means you are not properly repeating the party's pronouncements.
And....you will be punished for that.

So, they use Pavlovian conditioning to have their drones think pre-Civil War racism with simply differences in opinion. This is the image they impose…."The night riders move through the darkness, white against the black road....they go about their business, their horsed draped, guns and bullwhips banging dully against saddles.

....this is the South Carolina of the 1870s, not of the turn of a new millennium, and the night riders are the terror of these times. They roam upcountry, visiting their version of justice on poor blacks and the Republicans that support them, refusing to bow to the requirements of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments."
From the novel "The White Road," by John Connolly

Of course, the nation beat that sort of thing out of the Democrat Party when we pried their slaves away from them, so it doesn’t exist today.

The same use of language applies to ‘poverty.’ There is no poverty in the Dickensian sense, no home, no heat, no food. Today, it simply means someone with a slightly smaller plasma TV than you have….but is gets the hand-wringing and tears from dunces….Democrat voters.
'Cause....these folks aren't really what one would call 'thinkers.'

But....darn good as followers.
After 35 years of GOP give away we have the worst inequality and upward mobility in our history and in the modern world by far. You are an idiot. If the poor have that they are broken or else they just became poor.

"... GOP give away we have the worst inequality and upward mobility in our history ..."

Let's check:

"...economic mobility. About 60 percent of the households that were in the lowest income quintile in 1999 were in a higher quintile ten years later. During the same decade, almost 40 percent of the richest households fell to a lower quintile. This is a nation where you can rise or fall. It is a nation where you can climb the economic ladder based not on who you are born to, or what class you are born into, but based on your talents, your passion, your perseverance, and the content of your character." https://imprimisarchives.hillsdale.edu/file/archives/pdf/2013_05_Imprimis.pdf

Well, there you have it: you've maintained your record of never being right.

If you still have the fez and the tin cup, maybe you can get your old job with the organ grinder....

The first time I ever noticed this little shit, I thought he was a neo Nazi, what with the way his attitude towards Jews coincided with theirs. It was only later that I realized he was a leftist.

Before the term racist was intentionally manipulated to exclude blacks, we all understood it as harboring hatred towards other people based upon race. That is a definition that can be applied to all people in equal measure. By that measure, blacks in our country are the MOST racist segment.

It's no wonder, either, when so many ignorant children give them a free pass because of their racist identity politics.

It's opposing anything any liberal does, did or will do who has at least 1/1024th percent non-Caucasian blood in their veins.

We don’t abandon factual and statistical reality, possibly putting ourselves in danger or other forms of harm and disadvantage, over PC indoctrination about Never referencing blacks in any way that is not positive.

"Racism" is the current Leftist Narrative.

"Inequality" is caused primarily by "racism," and President Trump is the head racist.

This lie totally permeates "news" coverage, day after day, and there is not a single cogent argument that supports it.

:dunno: When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression, amirite?

Wait......you believe the 'white privilege' propaganda as well????

You're quite the compendium of indoctrination, aren't you.

Watch me disprove that nonsense in one post:

The racial group in this nation with the highest income, highest educational attainment, lowest population in prison.....

....wait for it.....

....isn't white.

This is where you say..."duuhhhhhhh...."
examples of racism in the United States - Google Search

Looks like you couldn't actually find any such examples.

I have experience with wikipedia.....it is controlled by Leftists like you. When I worked for a political candidate, everything I put up about him was either changed or altered.

Let's review.

There is no racism of the sort that Democrats perpetrated throughout the South before the Republicans defeated them and ended slavery.

Today, 'racism' simply means any opinion not authorized by the Democrats/Liberals.

Now....which of these is it???
1.Is racism ANY reference to black folks?

2. Is racism having an opinion that leaves Liberals/Democrats aghast….unless it comes from a Liberal/Democrat?

3. It is the injurious sort of act that we associate with KKKers (Democrats) of an earlier era, acts that involve actual physical violence?

4.Is it the term for a conservative winning an argument with a Liberal/Democrat?

5. Is it, when applied by a Liberal/Democrat simply virtue-signaling, like driving a Prius?

Is 'racism' an act or an idea???? Because the former shouldn't be allowed...but the latter, should.

Real Americans do not believe in nor punish 'thought crimes"....but Bolsheviks do.

There are no 'hate crimes....'crime' requires no modifiers.....

Crimes of violence should be punished. Former NYC Mayor Ed Koch once said that any crime by a member of one race against a person of another race should be a 'hate crime.'
Guess why Liberals/Democrats would never embrace that concept.

Sooo.....can you come up with any racism by the Right?

No?

Excellent.
ridiculous it's everywhere.
Racial Discrimination
Racial discrimination continues to be in the labor market. An experiment carried out in Chicago and Boston during 2001 and 2002 shows that resumes with “white-sounding” names, whether male or female, were much more likely to result in call backs for interviews than were those with “black-sounding” names (even though the resumes were otherwise identical).

Interview call-back rate for women with “white” names and “black” names

fact8.jpg

Source: Bertrand, Marianne and Sendhil Mullainathan. 2004. “Are Emily and Greg More Employable than Lakisha and Jamal?” American Economic Review 94(4): 991-1013.

9. Child Poverty
In the United States, 21 percent of all children are in poverty, a poverty rate higher than what prevails in virtually all other rich nations.

Relative Poverty Rates in Forty Nations in the Mid-to-Late 2000s

fact9.jpg

It's opposing anything any liberal does, did or will do who has at least 1/1024th percent non-Caucasian blood in their veins.

I'm gonna put you down as choosing #4

Liberals/Democrats, never looking deeply into any issue, simply toss the term…’racist’…at any opponent.

2. Is racism having an opinion that leaves Liberals/Democrats aghast….unless it comes from a Liberal/Democrat?

3. It is the injurious sort of act that we associate with KKKers (Democrats) of an earlier era, acts that involve actual physical violence?

4.Is it the term for a conservative winning an argument with a Liberal/Democrat?

5. Is it, when applied by a Liberal/Democrat simply virtue-signaling, like driving a Prius?

Is 'racism' an act or an idea???? Because the former shouldn't be allowed...but the latter, should.

"Racism" is the current Leftist Narrative.

"Inequality" is caused primarily by "racism," and President Trump is the head racist.

This lie totally permeates "news" coverage, day after day, and there is not a single cogent argument that supports it.

:dunno: When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression, amirite?

Wait......you believe the 'white privilege' propaganda as well????

You're quite the compendium of indoctrination, aren't you.

Watch me disprove that nonsense in one post:

The racial group in this nation with the highest income, highest educational attainment, lowest population in prison.....

....wait for it.....

....isn't white.

This is where you say..."duuhhhhhhh...."
examples of racism in the United States - Google Search

Looks like you couldn't actually find any such examples.

I have experience with wikipedia.....it is controlled by Leftists like you. When I worked for a political candidate, everything I put up about him was either changed or altered.

Let's review.

There is no racism of the sort that Democrats perpetrated throughout the South before the Republicans defeated them and ended slavery.

Today, 'racism' simply means any opinion not authorized by the Democrats/Liberals.

Real Americans do not believe in nor punish 'thought crimes"....but Bolsheviks do.

There are no 'hate crimes....'crime' requires no modifiers.....

Crimes of violence should be punished. Former NYC Mayor Ed Koch once said that any crime by a member of one race against a person of another race should be a 'hate crime.'
Guess why Liberals/Democrats would never embrace that concept.

Sooo.....can you come up with any racism by the Right?

No?

Excellent.
ridiculous it's everywhere.
Racial Discrimination
Racial discrimination continues to be in the labor market. An experiment carried out in Chicago and Boston during 2001 and 2002 shows that resumes with “white-sounding” names, whether male or female, were much more likely to result in call backs for interviews than were those with “black-sounding” names (even though the resumes were otherwise identical).

Interview call-back rate for women with “white” names and “black” names

fact8.jpg

Source: Bertrand, Marianne and Sendhil Mullainathan. 2004. “Are Emily and Greg More Employable than Lakisha and Jamal?” American Economic Review 94(4): 991-1013.

9. Child Poverty
In the United States, 21 percent of all children are in poverty, a poverty rate higher than what prevails in virtually all other rich nations.

Relative Poverty Rates in Forty Nations in the Mid-to-Late 2000s

fact9.jpg

Still waitin' for those examples.....

Should be lots of 'em if the Liberal/Democrat narrative is correct.

Or not.

Honesty is the best policy….but in your case insanity is the best defense.

Racism is the desire or act to bring harm to or restriction of a persons activities due to their race.
Unfortunately and incorrectly most liberals label racial referencing as racist.
racism means you believe a certain race is inferior and discriminate against them, the second part of your definition. You can't do that to whites. But it is done all the time to black and brown. Asians get a pass.
If I believe a race is wholly inferior and I take action accordingly then I would be a racist. If I observe that a certain race commits more crime and thus conclude I need to exercise a different method of dealing with them then I have engaged in racial referencing and that sends liberals over the edge.

Excellent elucidation of the premise of this thread.

"If I believe a race is wholly inferior and I take action accordingly then I would be a racist.

The Left does not allow for freedom of any sort, much less freedom of speech or thought.

They demand that thoughts be treated as actions.

Just like their predecessors, the Bolsheviks and the Nazis.

Black child poverty is mostly due to father family abandonment and other dysfunctional conduct, many libbies will declare that factual statement as racist. Such declaration actually furthers the lack of responsibility and poor conduct choices but instead it is decried as racist.

Yet all your 'examples' were of folks expressing opinions.

And I told you the meaning of 'racism' isn't opinions....it's the violence that you Leftists use against your opponents, folks with different opinions.

You're simply one of the dunces who allow the Left to indoctrinate them.

Look at the bright side: you've found your niche.
That's your own, personal, hyper-biased, intellectually dishonest definition of racism.

You're going to deny that the racism we all know exists, no matter what you have to do.

I'm sure playing games by your own rules helps you "win" a lot 'n stuff, but not with me.

But I do believe it's possible that you believe what you're saying, I really do.

"You're going to deny that the racism we all know exists,..."

Well, since you were unable to provide any examples other than differing opinions, ...you may have provided the
proof that it doesn't exist.....other than the violence of the Left.

Okay, I believe you. If you say you're being serious, I believe you.

PoliticallyThic is a deflection machine, I tells ya...

Hey, if she's sure I'm a Nazi (or whatever her point is), she must be right!

:laugh:

Wouldn't it be more productive to try to define the word racism in a way it applies to all people, instead?

You have to know by now that we see lots of things in a similar way and I also like chic quite a bit and it seems to me you are just talking past one another.

Sometimes you hold the left's feet to the fire, sometimes the right and sometimes both. In this thread, you aren't taking the leftists to task for their politically correct dogma, so maybe you could define racism as you understand it and go from there.

There are still people racist against blacks, true, but there are also institutions that give blacks an advantage. Being Asian, she is in the group most DISADVANTAGED, so maybe defining the term so that it applies to all people equally would help.

Black child poverty is mostly due to father family abandonment and other dysfunctional conduct, many libbies will declare that factual statement as racist. Such declaration actually furthers the lack of responsibility and poor conduct choices but instead it is decried as racist.

Created by Liberals telling women that a husband is unnecessary..."a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle."

And the result is seen in every big city ghetto.

That's your own, personal, hyper-biased, intellectually dishonest definition of racism.

You're going to deny that the racism we all know exists, no matter what you have to do.

I'm sure playing games by your own rules helps you "win" a lot 'n stuff, but not with me.

But I do believe it's possible that you believe what you're saying, I really do.

Well, since you were unable to provide any examples other than differing opinions, ...you may have provided the

Wouldn't it be more productive to try to define the word racism in a way it applies to all people, instead?

You have to know by now that we see lots of things in a similar way and I also like chic quite a bit and it seems to me you are just talking past one another.

Sometimes you hold the left's feet to the fire, sometimes the right and sometimes both. In this thread, you aren't taking the leftists to task for their politically correct dogma, so maybe you could define racism as you understand it and go from there.

There are still people racist against blacks, true, but there are also institutions that give blacks an advantage. Being Asian, she is in the group most DISADVANTAGED, so maybe defining the term so that it applies to all people equally would help.

No one on this board has taken more heat from the Regressive Left on this topic than me. I point out regularly, literally thousands of times, how they have leveraged PC and Identity Politics in the most cynical, dishonest and destructive of ways. I don't have to defend my history there.

This thread is from a person who is clearly either delusional or terribly dishonest. To suggest that racism is rare or marginal is absurd in the extreme, and can only be the result of complete immersion in hardcore partisan ideology.

But to claim that racism no longer exists is pathological. For someone to be that out of touch with reality suggests personal issues that make attempts at real conversation a complete waste of time.

I'll say it for the ten thousandth time: Both ends of this issue should be ashamed at their behaviors regarding race, and both ends need to look in the mirror and clean their own house, if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor.

Racism doesn't exist? That is madness.

No one on this board has taken more heat from the Regressive Left on this topic than me. I point out regularly, literally thousands of times, how they have leveraged PC and Identity Politics in the most cynical, dishonest and destructive of ways. I don't have to defend my history there.

This thread is from a person who is clearly either delusional or terribly dishonest. To suggest that racism is rare or marginal is absurd in the extreme, and can only be the result of complete immersion in hardcore partisan ideology.

But to claim that racism no longer exists is pathological. For someone to be that out of touch with reality suggests personal issues that make attempts at real conversation a complete waste of time.

I'll say it for the ten thousandth time: Both ends of this issue should be ashamed at their behaviors regarding race, and both ends need to look in the mirror and clean their own house, if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor.

Ooooo.....you're really upset that I exposed you as a totalitarian who wants people punished for thinking differently than you do.

Take the heat.....you've earned it.

"Racism doesn't exist? That is madness."

Soooo.....let's see the examples.

Ooooo.....you're really upset that I exposed you as a totalitarian who wants people punished for thinking differently than you do.

You just keep lying.

Dogmaphobe , you know that I have never, not once, said I "want people punished for thinking differently than I do". And I've gone at it a thousand times with those who punish and intimidate freedom of expression.

You tell me what you're seeing here, Dogmaphobe. Take your time and look through this thread.. I think you're reasonable, and I think you see it.

This is pathological.

Dang! ‘Racism!’ ‘Racism!’ ‘Racism!’ The Left has used this term as a ubiquitous invective. That's all we hear from the Democrat candidates and their spokespersons.

Overused it, in fact.

So much so, that they’re searching for an upgrade….hence, ‘White Nationalist.’

Liberals/Democrats, never looking deeply into any issue, simply toss the term…’racist’…at any opponent.

The distinctions in the above rubric are based on the country of origin of your beliefs: to you take your beliefs from government, or from your own calculations. For example, communism, Nazism, and Modern Liberalism come from the Germanic, specifically Hegel and Marx:

The Germans have a history of embracing authoritarian rule. As the German philosopher Hegel said, “The state says … you must obey …. The state has rights against the individual; its members have obligations, among them that of obeying without protest” (Ralf Dahrendorf, Society and Democracy in Germany).

In fact, in Germany today, any thought or speech not authorized by government is punishable:

Germany: Hundreds Probed Over Anti-Migrant Comments on Facebook

The massive police investigation is apparently meant as a warning to anonymous internet users critical of the country’s migrant policy.

That’s the America that Liberals/Democrats yearn for: one that punishes thoughts.

Being an American, I see the rules spelled out in the Constitution as the correct way to behave. Specifically, the meaning of the first amendment, which guarantees Americans the right to be individuals, with any thoughts and with freedom of speech.

That means, Americans don’t have to toe the line that government approves. They can hate anyone they like as long as they don’t injure the party.

Hurt feelings are not an injury.

Soooo….I define ‘racism’ as an act, a behavior……not a thought crime.
But, then, I’m not a Liberal/Democrat.

More and more libs/dems use race like some on the right used communist in the 1950's.

You just keep lying.

Dogmaphobe , you know that I have never, not once, said I "want people punished for thinking differently than I do". And I've gone at it a thousand times with those who punish and intimidate freedom of expression.

You tell me what you're seeing here, Dogmaphobe. Take your time and look through this thread.. I think you're reasonable, and I think you see it.

This is pathological.
You are anything but a totalitarian, my friend, and yes, I would not say racism has disappeared.

What I WOULD say, however is that the entire onus for combatting racism has been placed upon white people and non of it on black and this has become so extreme that whites are now assailed for MICRO "aggressions" while blacks bear no responsibility whatsoever.

Yes, racism still exists and I am not denying that. It's just that white people, by and large, have taken steps towards addressing their racist attitudes - sometimes to the point of comic overreaction while blacks, by and large, haven't.

To be fair, one need give the Devil his due. That is hardly a casual reference, since Obama and Hillary are associated with Saul Alinsky, who dedicated his book to Lucifer.

But, these folks are adept at controlling society: by owning the schools, the publications, the media, they are able to insert the term ‘racism’ or ‘racist’ at will. And, they have the advantage of training government school grads never to question what they are told and to use the term is manner most beneficial to them.
'Racism' simply means you are not properly repeating the party's pronouncements.
And....you will be punished for that.

So, they use Pavlovian conditioning to have their drones think pre-Civil War racism with simply differences in opinion. This is the image they impose…."The night riders move through the darkness, white against the black road....they go about their business, their horsed draped, guns and bullwhips banging dully against saddles.

....this is the South Carolina of the 1870s, not of the turn of a new millennium, and the night riders are the terror of these times. They roam upcountry, visiting their version of justice on poor blacks and the Republicans that support them, refusing to bow to the requirements of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments."
From the novel "The White Road," by John Connolly

Of course, the nation beat that sort of thing out of the Democrat Party when we pried their slaves away from them, so it doesn’t exist today.

The same use of language applies to ‘poverty.’ There is no poverty in the Dickensian sense, no home, no heat, no food. Today, it simply means someone with a slightly smaller plasma TV than you have….but is gets the hand-wringing and tears from dunces….Democrat voters.
'Cause....these folks aren't really what one would call 'thinkers.'

But....darn good as followers.
After 35 years of GOP give away we have the worst inequality and upward mobility in our history and in the modern world by far. You are an idiot. If the poor have that they are broken or else they just became poor.

"... GOP give away we have the worst inequality and upward mobility in our history ..."

Let's check:

"...economic mobility. About 60 percent of the households that were in the lowest income quintile in 1999 were in a higher quintile ten years later. During the same decade, almost 40 percent of the richest households fell to a lower quintile. This is a nation where you can rise or fall. It is a nation where you can climb the economic ladder based not on who you are born to, or what class you are born into, but based on your talents, your passion, your perseverance, and the content of your character." https://imprimisarchives.hillsdale.edu/file/archives/pdf/2013_05_Imprimis.pdf

Well, there you have it: you've maintained your record of never being right.

If you still have the fez and the tin cup, maybe you can get your old job with the organ grinder....
Yes we know you are totally brainwashed by bull s*** LOL
Social mobility is on the decline, and with it American Dream - Business Insider
Jul 17, 2017 · US inequality is rising and it's getting harder for America's poor to climb up the ... that showed US social mobility is much lower than its rich-country peers'.

You just keep lying.

This is pathological.
You are anything but a totalitarian, my friend, and yes, I would not say racism has disappeared.

What I WOULD say, however is that the entire onus for combatting racism has been placed upon white people and non of it on black and this has become so extreme that whites are now assailed for MICRO "aggressions" while blacks bear no responsibility whatsoever.

Yes, racism still exists and I am not denying that. It's just that white people, by and large, have taken steps towards addressing their racist attitudes - sometimes to the point of comic overreaction while blacks, by and large, haven't.
As I said, this is a problem that both ends have to clean up. Unless and until they do that, this does not improve. That's a huge undertaking and will require real bravery, but those who are exacerbating the problem have their own agenda.

I realize that there are many who have a vested professional interest in keeping this battle hot, but I wonder about people like this, laypeople who go so far out of their way to just make things worse. I don't know what they think they're accomplishing.

I can think of a few (and I'll bet you can too) left wingers here who are essentially a mirror image of the OP and other right wingers here. I go back to what I've said many times: I wonder if it's been so long we communicated honestly that we have simply lost the skill.

Dang! ‘Racism!’ ‘Racism!’ ‘Racism!’ The Left has used this term as a ubiquitous invective. That's all we hear from the Democrat candidates and their spokespersons.

Overused it, in fact.

So much so, that they’re searching for an upgrade….hence, ‘White Nationalist.’

The distinctions in the above rubric are based on the country of origin of your beliefs: to you take your beliefs from government, or from your own calculations. For example, communism, Nazism, and Modern Liberalism come from the Germanic, specifically Hegel and Marx:

The Germans have a history of embracing authoritarian rule. As the German philosopher Hegel said, “The state says … you must obey …. The state has rights against the individual; its members have obligations, among them that of obeying without protest” (Ralf Dahrendorf, Society and Democracy in Germany).

In fact, in Germany today, any thought or speech not authorized by government is punishable:

The massive police investigation is apparently meant as a warning to anonymous internet users critical of the country’s migrant policy.

That’s the America that Liberals/Democrats yearn for: one that punishes thoughts.

Being an American, I see the rules spelled out in the Constitution as the correct way to behave. Specifically, the meaning of the first amendment, which guarantees Americans the right to be individuals, with any thoughts and with freedom of speech.

That means, Americans don’t have to toe the line that government approves. They can hate anyone they like as long as they don’t injure the party.

Hurt feelings are not an injury.

Soooo….I define ‘racism’ as an act, a behavior……not a thought crime.
But, then, I’m not a Liberal/Democrat.
Its what Democrats and liberal media do to white, heterosexual, conservative, males everyday.

You just keep lying.

This is pathological.

As I said, this is a problem that both ends have to clean up. Unless and until they do that, this does not improve. That's a huge undertaking and will require real bravery, but those who are exacerbating the problem have their own agenda.

I realize that there are many who have a vested professional interest in keeping this battle hot, but I wonder about people like this, laypeople who go so far out of their way to just make things worse. I don't know what they think they're accomplishing.

I can think of a few (and I'll bet you can too) left wingers here who are essentially a mirror image of the OP and other right wingers here. I go back to what I've said many times: I wonder if it's been so long we communicated honestly that we have simply lost the skill.
It is all being driven by the media which magnifies and concentrates on race to the point it might as well be their very intent to start some sort of race war.

with our media doing this, it CAN'T get any better since the media has taking upon the role of engineering Society instead reporting on the news.

Forum List

Back