Race Relations Research Project

looseleaf88

Rookie
May 5, 2010
Hello! I am working on a sociological paper focusing on race relations. I was hoping to find a member of a racial and ethnic minority to interview about the affect their race and ethnicity has had on their life. The survey is anonymous and would be a great help. Thank you!

Here is the survey:

Interview Questions
-What is your racial identity?
-When did you first know your ethnic identity?
-When did you first learn of your racial identity?
-What formed your ethnic identity?
-Does the minority status ascribed by your race influence your life?
-How so?
-Does your family actively celebrate their ethnicity?
-Does your community actively celebrate diverse or specific ethnicities?
-Where did you grow up?
-What was the socio-economic status of your family growing up?
-What was the location and state of the primary school you attended?
-What was the location and state of the secondary school you attended?
-What did the demographic of your childhood neighborhood look like?
-Specifically socioeconomic status and racial make-up
-Do you feel your childhood and adolescence were greatly influenced by your race? Ethnicity?
-Do you believe that the social group you associated with during childhood and adolescence was influenced by race? Ethnicity?
-How so?
-Do you believe that your present day social group is influenced by race and or ethnicity?
-How so?
-Do you believe the educational and employment opportunities available to you were affected by race?
-How so?
-Do you believe that your socioeconomic status is influenced by race?
-How so?
-Do you believe the minority (either ethnicity or race) to which you belong is a positive or negative influence in your life?

-How so?

-Do you feel positively, negatively, or neutral about your minority membership?

-Why?

-What does white privilege mean to you?

-What forms do you believe white privilege takes in daily life?

THANK YOU!

"White privilege" is a myth that racists and communists like to use to further their hateful agenda.

Well, my tax dollars are extorted then redistributed to other racial groups in numbers that far outweigh their need, of course that is impossible to qualify as any sort of "privilege".

All this, while racists try feed us some bullshit about 'white' privilege.
The fact is that 'whites' are actively institutionally discriminated against through affirmative action programs, while other 'races' (such as 'blacks') recieve institutional privileges.

Last edited:

"White privilege" is a myth that racists and communists like to use to further their hateful agenda.

Well, my tax dollars are extorted then redistributed to other racial groups in numbers that far outweigh their need, of course that is impossible to qualify as any sort of "privilege".

All this, while racists try feed us some bullshit about 'white' privilege.
The fact is that 'whites' are actively institutionally discriminated against through affirmative action programs, while other 'races' (such as 'blacks') recieve institutional privileges.

Good job answering the questions that fit your personal agenda.

You get a F+ for that.:clap2:

Fuck whitey.

Power to the peeps.

peeps2.jpg

On my father's side I'm Haitian. On my mother's side I'm half African American, white and Native American.

In Haiti, I'd be mulatto.
In the US I'm just a light skinned nigga.

When my Great Auntie yelled at me in half Kreyol half English to pick my dirty shorts up from the floor.

When I first tried to skateboard. I think I was like 7 and I went to a skate park outside of Tupelo thinking I could do what all the white kids were doing.

I remember skate boarding into that little bowl thing and getting to the bottom and thinking, now how the Hell am I going to get out of here?:lol:

I need further clarification.

Not so sure. I've always lived in majorly black neighborhoods.

My elementary school was about 75% black.
The two middle schools I attended were even blacker.
The first High School I went to was almost 100% black.
The High School I graduated from was probably 50/50 black and white.
Just about every church I've ever attended was all black.

So I can't speak like many people who might have actually lived in a situation where they are "the minority" where they live. I do like to explore other cultures and what not though, and have never had a problem making "white friends" or black friends.

When I fill out the census I write in "human" next to the race question.

On my moms side, not really. They don't celebrate Kwanzaa or any of that mess. On the Haitian side, I guess if getting drunk on Saturdays, going to Mass on Sundays with a hangover, and putting roots on the lady who did your hair wrong is celebrating Haitian culture, than yes... yes they do.

Seriously though I learned Kreyol before I learned English, strangely enough. I used to have this weird half southern half Haitian accent when I was little. The white teachers I had used to never be able to understand what I was saying.:lol::lol:

Not the county I live in, but the two nearby cities do. They've got the Saint Patty's day parade in Baltimore. The Caribbean Festival there too. They've got a Pan-African Festival every year in DC. I think there's some sort of Italian event in Baltimore's Little Italy community. And some other stuff. I only go to the Caribbean one, Caribbean girls are sexy as Hell and Caribbean food is delicious.

-Where did you grow up?

From birth to age 13 I lived in Mississippi, born in Meridian. Age 14 to now I've lived in the DC Metropolitan Area.

Broke. :lol:

ie, Lower Middle Class.

Crestwood Elementary. Meridian, Mississippi.

Ballou High School

Dark.

Broke niggas.

-Do you feel your childhood and adolescence were greatly influenced by your race? Ethnicity?

Not any more than anyone else around me. No I don't think so.

-Do you believe that the social group you associated with during childhood and adolescence was influenced by race? Ethnicity?

Probably sub-consciously. Didn't have much of a choice though really. I grew up around black people. My family is pretty much black. My church was black and when you're a kid you know who you're introduced to I guess. Now that's not so much the same, as I've grown and started getting my feet wet in the world, I have a lot more friends who are of another race.

Oh... damn I guess I explained in my answer, huh? All well.

-Do you believe that your present day social group is influenced by race and or ethnicity?

Yes.

The War on Drugs and lead poisoning mostly.

-Do you believe the educational and employment opportunities available to you were affected by race?

Surprisingly not so much in Mississippi. All the schools suck there. In the north the issue of disparities regarding the quality of public schools is VERY real.

It's more class driven then race driven, but the disparities in quality teachers exist. Along with the militarization of schools in poorer, blacker districts. Which is why I like charter schools.

No. I work hard and for the most part get what I put out.

Living in Mississippi, poor white people wasn't something that was foreign to me.

-Do you believe the minority (either ethnicity or race) to which you belong is a positive or negative influence in your life?

My life? Positive.

Haitians have a strong family culture.

Positively.

This was God's doing not mine so who am I to question it?

It means I feel the need to learn how to play golf.

The fact that there's never been a black pope.:lol:

Last edited:
Hello! I am working on a sociological paper focusing on race relations. I was hoping to find a member of a racial and ethnic minority to interview about the affect their race and ethnicity has had on their life. The survey is anonymous and would be a great help. Thank you!

Here is the survey:

Interview Questions
-How so?
-Where did you grow up?
-How so?
-How so?
-How so?
-How so?

-How so?

-Why?

THANK YOU!

Hey, shit-for-brains: WHITES are a minority in four states and the District of Columbia.

In about three decades, they will be the minority in America overall.

Will you ask your gay questions then?

Here is the survey:

Interview Questions
-How so?
-Where did you grow up?
-How so?
-How so?
-How so?
-How so?

-How so?

-Why?

THANK YOU!

Hey, shit-for-brains: WHITES are a minority in four states and the District of Columbia.

In about three decades, they will be the minority in America overall.

Will you ask your gay questions then?

Of course the Great White Troll never gives up an opportunity to whine about how there are more colored people then not in FOUR out of FIFTY states... and in the District of Columbia.

Regardless the questions he posed was for "minorities". If you feel like you're a minority... answer the questions or shut up.:eusa_angel:

New Topics

Forum List

Back