R.I.P. Theodore Olbermann: Keith Olbermann's Father Dies

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
Baseball Nerd: Theodore C. Olbermann, 1929-2010
Though the financial constraints of his youth made college infeasible, he accomplished the near-impossible, becoming an architect licensed in 40 states. Much of his work was commercial, for a series of shoe store chains and department stores. There was a time in the 1970's when nearly all of the Baskin-Robbins outlets in the country had been built to his design, and under his direction. Through much of my youth and my early adult life, it was almost impossible to be anywhere in this country and not be a short drive to one of "his" stores.

My Dad was predeceased last year by my mother, Marie, his wife of nearly 60 years. He died peacefully after a long fight against the complications that ensued after successful colon surgery last September at the New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center. My sister Jenna and I were at his side, and I was reading him his favorite James Thurber short stories, as he left us

R.I.P. Theodore Olberman.

Attachments

• $IMG_2062-thumb-550x397-1852101.jpg
    $IMG_2062-thumb-550x397-1852101.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 18.3 KB · Views: 98
Sorry.
What kind of word is "infeasible"?

Maybe Olbermann will be so shaken up by the reminder of his own mortality that he will leave TV and do something that betters society. Like picking up trash on the side of the road.

Condolences to the family. Those who love their children and spouses and parents and others feel just as deeply and it hurts just as much when they lose somebody important to them regardless of their political ideology or what they do for a living.

And noting Elvis's comment, Keith was a class act re Tony Snow.

Best wishes to Keith and his family.

On another note, people like Rabbi need to seek help if they're so filled with bitterness and hate that they go after a man who's father just died in such a fashion.

People die.

And whenever a family member dies, assuming normal relationships, it hurts.

I don't much like Keith O., nor do I respect him. But I wouldn't wish the pain of the passing of a loved one even on him. Crimson White is right. For Pete's sake, politics can be laid aside for some things.

Condolences to Keith O. and his family; and God's Speed to his late father.

People die.

And whenever a family member dies, assuming normal relationships, it hurts.

I don't much like Keith O., nor do I respect him. But I wouldn't wish the pain of the passing of a loved one even on him. Crimson White is right. For Pete's sake, politics can be laid aside for some things.

Condolences to Keith O. and his family; and God's Speed to his late father.

That was pretty well said.

Its a shame...the guy was in a lot of pain

My condolences to Keith and family

Maybe Olbermann will be so shaken up by the reminder of his own mortality that he will leave TV and do something that betters society. Like picking up trash on the side of the road.

Actually, holding endless con man pablum accountable and putting it in proper perspective most definitely betters society. ... Sorry that that untucks your shirt.

Actually, holding endless con man pablum accountable and putting it in proper perspective most definitely betters society. ... Sorry that that untucks your shirt.

:cuckoo:

Jizz ^ only cares for holding conservatives accountable.

But Jizz is apoplectic whenever anybody points out the lies of the left. And they are endless. Thus, JizzChugger is always having a fit of rage! :lol:

Forum List

Back