R.I.P. Francis Rocco Prestia

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
Tower of Power bassist and fingerstyle funk master Rocco Prestia has died at the age of 69.

Prestia had been battling various illnesses since 2001 – in 2014, he underwent a “lifesaving” kidney transplant.

Tower of Power bandleader Emilio Castillo confirmed the news on the band’s official Facebook page, writing: “Our dear "Rocco" passed away last night, peacefully with his family by his side at a hospice in Las Vegas.

“As a bass player he was totally unique and as a person he was one of a kind. He fought a long fight over the last 20 years and now he's with the Lord and heaven is his home.

RIP Rocco. You were a major inspiration to all bassists.

Tower of Power bassist and fingerstyle funk master Rocco Prestia has died at the age of 69.

Prestia had been battling various illnesses since 2001 – in 2014, he underwent a “lifesaving” kidney transplant.

Tower of Power bandleader Emilio Castillo confirmed the news on the band’s official Facebook page, writing: “Our dear "Rocco" passed away last night, peacefully with his family by his side at a hospice in Las Vegas.

“As a bass player he was totally unique and as a person he was one of a kind. He fought a long fight over the last 20 years and now he's with the Lord and heaven is his home.

RIP Rocco. You were a major inspiration to all bassists.

OMG! I literally thought we had lost OUR Rocco, I was getting upset at the thought of this until I read your OP, you might want to change your OP title Billy in case other members think OUR Rocco has left us. The good thing about the new format of the forum is unlike the old format we can actually Edit our OP titles now.

RoccoR

Forum List

Back