R.I.P. Frank Frazetta

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
Frank Frazetta, Fantasy Illustrator, Dies at 82

Frank Frazetta, Fantasy Illustrator, Dies at 82 - ArtsBeat Blog - NYTimes.com

death_dealer.jpg

I loved his stuff . . . had forgotten all about his art. Was very into him back in the late 70's or so. Sad to hear he died.

One of my favorite illustrators, have had his books for decades. Last year I had read he was suffering from dementia and his son Frank,Jr. had been caught trying to rip off 90 paintings from his museum in Pennsylvania. The rest of his kids sued and now they are supposedly working as a team to represent the work.

Many have imitated him but his work will live on as some of the best and original.

a friend of mine and i ...are trying to recover a black light poster by him...it was stolen years ago....we found it on ebay....we bid up to 350 dollars...it was sheer insanity....my friend was upset i bid 350 bucks and real pissed when i told him we didnt get it...

rest in peace...a generation of males had all their attitudes shaped by this man's art.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Frazetta-Painting-Fire-Eleanor/dp/B00064ALNG]Amazon.com: Frazetta - Painting with Fire: Eleanor Frazetta, Frank Frazetta, Heidi Frazetta, Forrest J Ackerman, Simon Bisley, John Buscema, Glenn Danzig, Bo Derek, Kevin Eastman, Joe Jusko, Dave Stevens, Ângelo Torres, Devin Rice, Lance Laspina, Jer[/ame]

Forum List

Back