Quote of the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

_dmp_

Oct 16, 2003
"Nothing makes me happier than seeing US manufactured apaches with the star of david just pounding the shit out of some terrorist rathole in the Gaza Strip."

yessir it is... :) I'll take the bike or the miata to Mt Rainier today...I suppose :)

Take your digital camera and check out the view from Graham Hill... I'm telling you, it's one of the most beautiful mountain views I know.

BTW - remind me tomorrow at work to loan you that CD I was telling you about.

you guys work together? And you both live in Alsaka? Creppy shit man. who was the first on the board?

Originally posted by dmp
"Nothing makes me happier than seeing US manufactured apaches with the star of david just pounding the shit out of some terrorist rathole in the Gaza Strip."

What makes a terrorist rat-hole? Exactly? How happy are you when some kid drops his lunch, tries to pick it up and gets his head blown off by a U.S. made apache helicopter with the star of David emblazened across its side?

Human life is human life, why celebrate it's violent end?

"We´ve learned to fly the air like birds, we´ve learned to swim the seas like fish and yet we haven´t learned to walk the earth as brothers and sisters.”

martin luther king jr.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
"We´ve learned to fly the air like birds, we´ve learned to swim the seas like fish and yet we haven´t learned to walk the earth as brothers and sisters.”

martin luther king jr.

He didn't plagiarize that, did he? :D

Originally posted by jimnyc
"Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

as a moderator I would have to ask you to provide a link and/or acknowledgement of the original orator of this quote or face retribution by said moderator :p:

Originally posted by Scourge
What makes a terrorist rat-hole? Exactly? How happy are you when some kid drops his lunch, tries to pick it up and gets his head blown off by a U.S. made apache helicopter with the star of David emblazened across its side?

Human life isn't equal. I celebrate the end of an EVIL human life.

When are you attending to the next Pro-Life rally? Since human life is worth so much to you, I HOPE you aren't 'Pro-Death' on the issues surrounding the only innocent lives.

scourge,
Human life is important, however it comes down to what type of human life is more important. Those lives of whom would kill you and you're friends are much less valubale than the lives of those who would help you and you're friends. The innocent's killed in combat are regetable. However they are living in a war zone. These things happen. What would you have the Isrealies do? Let there childern be blown to pieces by a sucide bomber? I know that sounds like I'm saying an Isreali life is more important than a palestians. I could say i support that, but teh moral person inside me says that is wrong. However, we are playing a game of numbers here. The palestinians have much fewer people to kill than the isrealies. so the isrealies can not sit ideally by and watch there population get slaughtered. The palestinas will countinue to sacrafice lives because they can afford the losses. Inoocents are always regertable, however both sides are responsible for the dealths of inocents. The ones who fired the missle, and the ones who provoked the missle to be fired. It goes both ways. If we were to play a blame game here and find out who fired teh first shot, It was the palestianians and the Arabs. Isreal has been at war since the birth of the nation. It can only bleed so long before it decides enough is enough and starts fighting back.

Originally posted by kcmcdonald
scourge,
Human life is important, however it comes down to what type of human life is more important. Those lives of whom would kill you and you're friends are much less valubale than the lives of those who would help you and you're friends. The innocent's killed in combat are regetable. However they are living in a war zone. These things happen. What would you have the Isrealies do? Let there childern be blown to pieces by a sucide bomber? I know that sounds like I'm saying an Isreali life is more important than a palestians. I could say i support that, but teh moral person inside me says that is wrong. However, we are playing a game of numbers here. The palestinians have much fewer people to kill than the isrealies. so the isrealies can not sit ideally by and watch there population get slaughtered. The palestinas will countinue to sacrafice lives because they can afford the losses. Inoocents are always regertable, however both sides are responsible for the dealths of inocents. The ones who fired the missle, and the ones who provoked the missle to be fired. It goes both ways. If we were to play a blame game here and find out who fired teh first shot, It was the palestianians and the Arabs. Isreal has been at war since the birth of the nation. It can only bleed so long before it decides enough is enough and starts fighting back.

Numbers... isn't around 5 Palestinian dead to each Israelie? And really, Israel is using an ARMY to attack. ergo, it's the country attacking. State sanctioned. that's different than fanatical people killing themselves and others. If some American Christian militia members blew themselves up in Montreal, could Canada fire rockets into New York City?

The issue of who really started the Israel-Palestine issue is for another debate (I vote for the British on that one) but I tend to side with the powerless, or the underdogs in most fights, and it seems israel has more power, more land, more guns, better weapons, and is occupying land illegally.
Unless you take the Torra(sp?) literally...

Originally posted by dmp
Human life isn't equal. I celebrate the end of an EVIL human life.

When are you attending to the next Pro-Life rally? Since human life is worth so much to you, I HOPE you aren't 'Pro-Death' on the issues surrounding the only innocent lives.

If I am attending a pro-life rally, then what? Do you lose your argument?

I am about protecting people's right to their own body. You cannot be pro-life (anti-abortion) without infringing on the mother's right over her own body. Since her life is not worth LESS than her child's, it must be viewed first, as it has control/jurisdiction over every part of it.

No matter what a part of her may grow into...

Originally posted by kcmcdonald
scourge,
Human life is important, however it comes down to what type of human life is more important. Those lives of whom would kill you and you're friends are much less valubale than the lives of those who would help you and you're friends. The innocent's killed in combat are regetable. However they are living in a war zone. These things happen.

I wanted to respond to this as well...

Those evil doers lives would only be less valuable TO ME. So they actually wouldn't be less valuable at all... it's subjective. If I want to kill someone, their life is less valuable to me, but not less valuable in reality...

and living in a war zone does not make it ok for someone to die! Who MOVES INTO the gaza strip? If an army attacked your town, would you pick up and go (assuming you were allowed)? or would you resist?

If I am attending a pro-life rally, then what? Do you lose your argument?

I am about protecting people's right to their own body. You cannot be pro-life (anti-abortion) without infringing on the mother's right over her own body. Since her life is not worth LESS than her child's, it must be viewed first, as it has control/jurisdiction over every part of it.

No matter what a part of her may grow into...

I'm saying If you feel ALL human life is equal, you are LYING, should you be an abortion supporter. Even if you don't understand it.

Placing the child in the role as 'the woman's property to do with what she wants' is NOT showing the concept of "Human lives (worth) are Equal".

Originally posted by dmp
I'm saying If you feel ALL human life is equal, you are LYING, should you be an abortion supporter. Even if you don't understand it.

Placing the child in the role as 'the woman's property to do with what she wants' is NOT showing the concept of "Human lives (worth) are Equal".

Actually that's incorrect. The fetus is part of HER. She is one organism until they are seperated. It's tricky, but you infringe on her rights when you make decisions about her body against her will. She can exist without another human, the fetus is part of her and cannot survive alone.

It isn't human life until it becomes it's own person.
Until then, it's a part of another.

We're off topic here though. But we can start an abortion thread to discuss this further (if you're up for that...?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back